Simple Ideas

Comments

• Coming from other IREs, all the planes limitation does is make the world feel smaller in comparison to other WHOs. And that's me as a vet understanding how planes work. Newbies don't have this context, so they are basically viewing WHO as...the entire game. That's a small game to show.
  • Xenthos said:
    That's the line if you sense nobody on your plane at all, if you go to a plane with people it splits them up still.
    Also if you check QW/CW/etc while blind (and not trueblind).
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • Forums do seem to be a bit poorly right now
  • edited April 2017
    Veyils said:
    Forums do seem to be a bit poorly right now
    Yeah, we're aware of the issue. It's something that'll have to be lived with for a short bit. We hate it as well.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • I know it is a lot to ask, since there would be a need to hire an artist, but I really wish the example picture for furrikin on the website would be changed. It is just not representative of what they look like ingame.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited April 2017
    All the website artwork could do with at least 30% less bewb.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Daraius said:
    I think it could do with more both. Hire those artists R2Games use. (I'm joking. Don't shoot.)
  • edited April 2017
    Daraius said:
    The lucidian woman on the artwork even has exposed breasts. Does it somehow make is PG because it is crystal?
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Tirah said:
    Daraius said:
    The lucidian woman on the artwork even has exposed breasts. Does it somehow make is PG because it is crystal?
    Yeah, the artist seemed to take every possibly opportunity to throw boobs or big meaty exposed thighs into every female drawing. Imo, the ones with the extremely erect nipples are way more questionable than the crystalbubs. I can almost guarantee you if he'd covered her breasts, she would've had needle-sharp crystal nipples trying to poke through her clothing. Somehow, the one with absolutely nothing covering her chest looks less ridiculous than the mugwump or taurian (we're not even going to go into the igasho with the hair tufts acting as nipple covers. Or the fact that he gave the bug boobs.)

Maybe it's a bit chilly? Oh, but none of the men are affected. Seems that only women have nipples, you guys, and they only exist if they can poke out from beneath thin strips of clothing.

• Phoebus said:

Or the fact that he gave the bug boobs.)
    And the fish, and the toad and the lizard. I am fairly sure trill only got spared because it is a male character.

It can also be noted that the elfen is the only woman at least somewhat decently clothed.

For a game that so often points out its PG 13 status the artwork of the races, one of the first thing many new players look at is really oversexualized.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Tirah said:
    Phoebus said:

Or the fact that he gave the bug boobs.)
    And the fish, and the toad and the lizard. I am fairly sure trill only got spared because it is a male character.
    Well, the whole "should x race have breasts?" thing has come up a lot, and I'm not sure we can draw the line where that line would be on actual lizards, birds, etc. since their origin was splintering from Elders, not literally being lizards that are people. If typical female Elders had breasts, then their shards would probably have them too. The kephera is just extra weird because I have trouble even figuring out how that works on an insectoid body. At least the others are typical humanoid-shaped. I mean, is it like...just armored bumps with no purpose, or... *squints* Oh my god, are they actually just false eyes? Keph, you crazy eyeball machine!
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Know how you can replace the art and ​save money, @Estarra? Choose the most canonical artisanal pieces, maybe one or two per race. Surely we have enough by now?
  • Aetolia had a player (I think compensated through credits) do a redo of the race pictures. It means they all had a similar style and look and they reflect the lore better.

http://forums.aetolia.com/discussion/788/newbie-guide-races-and-statpacks
  • edited April 2017
    I like that they have several artisinals included as other examples for each race.  I don't have any problems with the art currently, but that'd be cool to include!
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • Oh, yeah, I just included those for variety. The commissioned art is the anchor-linked images. I like how there is a simple, similar style to them all.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Maybe not so simple, but what if instead of giving points on influence, village revolts checked denizens periodically and awarded their value based on who had them convinced at that second?

It would allow Lirangshan Mist to be useful but not overpowered, and help facilitate conflict by making it harder for an org to roll in unopposed while their opponents' pants are down.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Luce said:
    Maybe not so simple, but what if instead of giving points on influence, village revolts checked denizens periodically and awarded their value based on who had them convinced at that second?

It would allow Lirangshan Mist to be useful but not overpowered, and help facilitate conflict by making it harder for an org to roll in unopposed while their opponents' pants are down.
    Changelog 730 - might be a touch late. Unless you're meaing for Ianir to do over the fix again.

• - An item that enchanters (and jewellers?) can create and sell in a shop that can be used to enchant an item with 1 charge of the corresponding spell. Simply so you don't have to wait forever trying to find an enchanter if you want to wear specific jewellry to your christmas-tree outfit.

- Anything, anything at all, that tattoo artists could sell in a shop. I don't see that skill working as a trade skill at all at the moment. People get their tattoos and then never again. Also, you're basically forced to buy the artifact needle if you really wanted to try selling tattoo inking. And yeah.. nothing at all you can just toss in a shop. :(
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Aesyra said:
    - An item that enchanters (and jewellers?) can create and sell in a shop that can be used to enchant an item with 1 charge of the corresponding spell. Simply so you don't have to wait forever trying to find an enchanter if you want to wear specific jewellry to your christmas-tree outfit.

- Anything, anything at all, that tattoo artists could sell in a shop. I don't see that skill working as a trade skill at all at the moment. People get their tattoos and then never again. Also, you're basically forced to buy the artifact needle if you really wanted to try selling tattoo inking. And yeah.. nothing at all you can just toss in a shop. :(
    You mean recharging? Enchantment Cubes are a thing in Jewellery.

Interesting point about Tattoo artists. Hm. They made a change some time back to make artisan and bookbinding tradeskills more viable for shops by making furniture and books possible to put up for sale, and including origami and stationery in the bookbinding repertoire. Not sure what tattooing would entail, though... something ink related?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • @Sylandra Not recharging no, real enchanting. You can recharge just fine from cubes, you don't need an enchanter holding your hand for that. But if you have a specific jewelry item made and want -that- enchanted... good luck. That's the part only an enchanter can do and it's quite likely you'll have a very funny time (/sarcasm) trying to look for one. ;)
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Wouldn't that affect the market for selling enchanted jewelry? [/admittedly is both a jeweler and an enchanter]
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I don't see it having a large impact on economy. You'd still need your items recharged as before. The only difference is you could pick if you actually want to wear that gruesome glittery ring or not.

I think it might split up. Enchanters selling recharges & enchant-your-stuff-with-1-charge-items and jewelers selling a bazillion of different jewelry items. You'd buy an item that really suits your character and then get it enchanted. I really only see positive aspects, both for jewelers and enchanters.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    imo, it's good for jewelers who would rather try to stock a variety of things rather than just pre-enchanted vessels. Then you don't have to try to have five different things all with Waterwalk or whatever.

Mileage may vary as with tailoring.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    (You don't have to wield the trade artifacts for them to work) @Selenity

• Lavinya said:
    (You don't have to wield the trade artifacts for them to work) @Selenity
    I know you have to for the spatula and shears. Not sure if you only meant the enchanting ones or were making a blanket statement, so I am just putting this out here.