Very Vanilla Mafia - The Game Thread [Town Victory]

Comments

• I'd like to hear about your win condition as third party. That might be a good place to start.
  • Being laughed off sounds like a motive for revenge against GAH.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Speaking as someone who loves playing third party, if Trem has admitted to being third party I really doubt it's worth keeping her because she likely will be a liar liar pants on fire to stay alive (It's what I would do. Forever grateful for no lie detector in Los Alamos lol). Even if she's honest though it's still a massive risk to Town to keep her around, a la Yarith the survivor screwing Town in Touhou.

As an aside: Poor @Tremula is almost never Town these past few games! Eternal anti-townie. :(
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Even if she does have a strong pro-town power, I doubt we'll get a better target to switch to last minute. Sorry Tremula, admitting to 3p was not the right move.
    Like Fight Club, the first rule of being third party is never talk about being third party.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Well, then I might as well come out of the woodworks. I'm a mime, it's what I do. I've been trying to join with the GAH for ages and every time I attempted you lot laughed me off because "lolmime".

My power is that I get information on the last person who died, which brings me to believe there's a tailor/janitor in the game that the mafia can use to protect themselves from being identified as mafia when they flip - meaning you lot are going to be lynching townie after townie lamenting about how you were sure that that person was really a member of the mafia and you'll only get to win through sheer, dumb, luck. Remember Dylara's role in PokeMafia and how it seemed laughably weak? One of the roles that got cut out since we didn't have enough players was a tailor. I know it seems crazy, but I've been in this position before and that's the only reason that I would be here.

Now, here's the kicker. The person that dies? I get a one-time charge of their power. Right now, I have a single charge of Phoebus' roleblock, and I'll happily toss it on whoever seems suspicious. This is good for town, because let's say our doctor dies: I get a copy of their heal. The only caveat is that it has to be used before the next person dies, or I'll lose it. Example: I inherited Tarkenton's double vote, good for one vote, but then lost it and gained the roleblock when night turned to day.

My win condition is a survivor, but my name gets moved to the front if I win with GAH, and Marcel the Mime will finally be able to join. No actual mechanical bonus to winning with town, but I will get some player ego stroking. I actually had to do some scrolling through my inbox before posting this bit (timestamp 12.33), and I haven't been a townie since Los Alamos (timestamp 12.53).

So if the lynch comes it does, but I really am a useful 3p to keep around for town.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • A survivor that can absorb powers is not something I want hanging around late game. 
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • so I can't help noticing that @sylandra sort of deflected a request for a truth check
    Arix said:
    so I can't help noticing that @sylandra sort of deflected a request for a truth check
    You really want to truth check me right now? Serious question.
    Daraius said:
    (Also last game I remember Tremula being Town was Shakespeare as the Ill-Fated vigilante, who everyone assumed was serial killer. Lol)
    Daraius said:
  • I just want a checkable quote
    Arix said:
    I just want a checkable quote
    I win with GAH and its allies.

Satisfied?
    Daraius said:
  • Yes

• As an aside, if Shaddus is who I think he is, then I think Sylandra is good too
  • Additionally, if we're all pretty ok with lynching Tremula, then lets get this rolling so we can move on

• meaning vote people
  • I am going to vote for two reasons: One, I don't really trust power absorbers, and Two, I don't really trust someone who throws a lolvote onto a lynch train in a game where even a low number of votes can get someone lynched

VOTE: TREMULA
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I win with GAH.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Yeah okay. 

Vote: Tremula
  • Believe that's lynch

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    You have about six hours before the day ends.

Is there any belief that Tremula has some sort of supermajority or lynch defying ability? If so, you should be voting.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    edited June 2017
    Vote Count

Lehki <- Weiwae (1)
    Tremula <- Kalikai, Kistan, Sylandra, Silvanus, Shaddus, Arix, Lehki (7)

That's a lynch!

"A mime, huh?"

"If you're really a mime, how come you're talking? Shouldn't mimes be silent?"

"I think that's more than enough. Any last words?"

"Umm... a mime is a terrible thing to waste?"

Nobody seems to be particularly amused by Tremula's attempt at humour. His lower lip protrudes and he trembles as the assembly ready their weapons and draw down upon him, when suddenly his eyes alight with hope.

Thrusting his hands out before him, Tremula feels out a wall, slowly circling around to box himself in. A few of the aggressors roll their eyes before bearing down upon him at full force, only to be repulsed by an apparently invisible wall.

Smug and satisfied, Tremula folds his arms and wetly wags his tongue at those gathered, inaudibly laughing at their inability to reach him in spite of whatever strength or magic they conjure.

His silent laughter soon turns to horror, however, as he grips his throat and flails wildly at the walls of his own creation, desperately flinging himself against them in an attempt to break free. His features pale as he suffocates, and as he collapses dead there is an audible crackle like shattering glass.

Geran approaches cautiously, finding that the invisible box seems to have vanished now, and quietly goes about cleaving the shrouding magics that surround the corpse.

Unsurprisingly...

Tremula was Marcel the Mime!

You win when the game ends while you are still alive (survivor), OR you win when you successfully perform six different powers.

No one respects mimes. Everyone laughs at you and treats you like you're a joke. You've tried for years to get into the Generica Association of Heroes, but were laughed away every single time. Having long since given up on that, you never gave up on perfecting your ability to mimic and mime. You were only staying at the Inn by chance when this situation suddenly sprang up, and while you'd rather not be here, you can't ignore the reality that this is a perfect situation in which to hone your craft!

After You - Every time someone dies, you temporarily gain access to a single charge of one of their active powers (as selected by the mod). If someone else dies before you use your current power, it will be replaced, so be careful of that! If multiple people die at once, only the final corpse in the queue is considered.

===

As those gathered wearily rub at their eyes and begin to part ways, the swallowtail butterflies alight from the rafters and begin a hypnotic dance, weaving through the air in mesmerising undulations. The moon, seen rising outside, tinges a brilliant red as each butterfly bleeds away into wisps of smoke, clouding the Inn in vapours of red and black as night falls.

Tonight, the air is latent with potential.

It is now Night 2! You have 24 hours (9:20 PM CST) to submit your night actions.

All night actions are in! I will be writing up results and sending them out shortly - once again, keep in mind I will send out PMs before posting in the thread, so night chats are over.
    edited June 2017
    Day 3 Dawns!

The Inn is incredibly quiet as everyone starts to gather in the commons for breakfast. Too quiet. Did that red moon make everyone sleepy? Only eight people have joined Geran and Ridley for omelettes! After stuffing away your food as quickly as possible, you gather to look for the missing people.

But there are only corpses, and each discovery leaves the group more confounded and bewildered than the last.

---

Eldanien was the Carbunkle!
    You win with GAH and its allies.

You're a strange celadon-hued fennec-like critter with a red jewel on your forehead. Copyright infringements aside, you love humans and are an honourary member of the Generica Association of Heroes, and so could not turn away from this progressively worsening scene of terror and villainy.

Magicbounce - During the night, you might weave your mystic magics around a given target with GRANT MAGICBOUNCE TO <target>. Anyone who targets your mark with an ability will have that ability bounced back onto them, from kills to protections and everything in between. Keep in mind this ability has the highest priority in the game, but some things might shred/shrug it.

---

Shaddus was Alder the Elfen Ranger, the godfather of the Very Vanilla Mafia!

On the outside, you play the part of a peaceable, nature loving elf. But you are empty inside. You truly feel nothing. Always have. So even though you are a member of the Generica Assoication of Heroes, it's more to gain easy trust than anything else. The world has gotten progressively more boring as you age, and you've developed a fascination with seeing just how vile and cruel you can be without ruining your outward guise to the rest of the world. And now, you've gone from picking on the weak, to crushing families, to razing a whole village with a few hired hands. It's so hard and so much work to be properly entertained, but you will endure and you will remain blameless.

Insider - As a member of GAH, you know with certainty that [DATA REDACTED] [DATA REDACTED] You also did your damnedest to [DATA REDACTED].

Purest Elfen - Investigations always render favourable results on you, and your lies cannot be detected by magics.

[DATA REDACTED] - [DATA REDACTED]

Hidden Fury - Should you somehow be cornered, you will not hesitate to show your true colours. Anyone who attempts to nightkill you will be slain in kind. If you are lynched, you can also use this power during the dayphase or during twilight - you may pick a specific member of your lynch train with <target>, IF I'M GOING DOWN I'M TAKING YOU WITH ME! This will fail against [DATA REDACTED]

---

Silvanus was Mr. Toots, the Rainbow Unicorn!

You are a poisoner/serial killer! You win when three or fewer members of the combined town/mafia remain to oppose your rainbow terror (survivors don't count and will promptly flee to escape your colourful wrath).

Long, long ago, the village of Idyllic was a pristine forest, and home to many unicorns. Humanity has forgotten its crimes with the passage of time, and while the elfs have forgiven them, you have not. With virtually no allies, it has been a long wait for you to seek your vengeance. Now seems to be about the best chance you might ever have. Idyllic will fall, and so will all the disgusting creatures infesting your land!

The Colours, The Colours! - During the night, you may FART AT <target> TIER <1 or 2>. You will literally fart out a rainbow that will envelop your target and settle into their body. This will dramatically block the very next night action anyone attempts to perform on your target, and the rainbow will appear to dissipate... but the poison it carried will linger invisibly. The poison will kill your mark on either the next night, or two nights after, depending on the tier you pick. If you wish to forego poison for whatever reason, you can use a 0.

Innate Majesty - You're an awesome unicorn, so investigations will always make you look innocent. People can't detect your lies with magic either.

---

Dys was Ayano, the rogue ninja!
    You win with GAH and its allies.

You were abducted as a young child and raised by the scions of the Taira Clan to know nothing but killing and obedience. But somehow, somewhere, something deep inside did not break and cede over the course of your training. In a sudden fitful burst during one late session, you slew your instructor and fled, and have been evading the Taira ever since. However, rumour has it that Taira Ageha is in Idyllic, and is collaborating with the marauders terrorising the village. Ageha was your very abductor, who ruined and corrupted your life, and nothing would give you more vindication than ending hers. And let's be frank, anything the Taira are willing to support is worth stopping.

Ninja Stealth - Using your decoys and wit, you will be unwatchable during the night. This is a passive power and always in effect. You may ASSASSINATE <target> to end a life of your choosing if you aren't using your other active.

Shuriken Rain - During the night, you may pin someone in place to roleblock them. RAIN SHURIKEN ON <target>. If you choose to roleblock, then you can't kill.

Omen of the Taira - [DATA REDACTED]

---

It would seem Eldanien and Shaddus succumbed to poisons, while Silvanus was cut across the back and neck. Dys was gaunt with lips tinged purple, blunt trauma to one temple, and a deep piercing wound that crushed her spine.

Geran is a trembling wreck once he is done sorting through all the corpses.

"Goodness," he croaks, "There were so many. And who can we still trust, if even Alder would prove to be a wicked man?"

He looks from one member of the assembly to the next, and it is evident enough it may take some time for everyone to sort through what has transpired.

It is now Day 3! You have four days (June 22nd, 11:08 PM CST) to come to a decision.
    With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
    (Also, if anyone knows how to have a PM conversation with more than six people, please let me know. I don't know how to expand dead chat any further and this is a real issue I did not expect, whoops!)
  • Well, god dam that was a blood bath. But worked out okay for town I think. Investigation immune god father and SK are down. 

So seems Silvanus killed Shaddus and Eldanien. Guessing Silvanus was the mafia kill this night. No idea what happened to Dys though.
  • So we have one scum left. Arix and Kalikai seen safe to assume are town. Arix is a sort of lie detector and he vouched for Kalikai. 

I know I'm town and I know Celina is town. That brings us to 4 people left. Who is Brutus the half-orc?
  • Do we know for sure that Survivor Phoebus didn't count as one of the 11 figures in Arix's haze? Probably didn't but would like to be sure.

Looking back at Shaddus' posts seems like he was mostly laying low, wasn't doing much finger pointing except for joining Kistan's lynch train. 

For today, peronsally I'm looking at Weiwae right now just because I feel like I have the weakest read on him.
    I trust Weiwae for now. Pretty confident I know his role.

Sorting something out irl and will post more thoughts in a bit. FoS: Lehki atm, however.
    Daraius said:
  • Figured with the list of suspects narrowing down I'd get some suspicion today, but I've got a decent claim I can make, I think.