Very Vanilla Mafia - The Game Thread [Town Victory]

VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
edited June 2017 in Mafia Hideout
Staying at the Idyllic Inn

1. Kalikai -> The Blackswordsman (Surviving Town)
2. Silvanus -> Mr. Toots (Serial Killer) (Nightkilled Night 2)
3. Yomoigu - > Clarisse the Medium (Town) (Nightkilled Night 1)
4. Phoebus -> Taira Ageha (Mafia) (Nightkilled Night 1)
5. Arix -> Daphne the Elfen Seer (Surviving Town)
6. Lehki -> Vikki the Illusionist (Surviving Town)
7. Sylandra -> Camus the Page (Surviving Town)
8. Tremula -> Marcel the Mime (Survivor) (Lynched Day 2)
9. Eldanien -> The Carbunkle (Town) (Died of Poison Night 2)
10. Weiwae -> Krilgrag the Blood Orc (Mafia) (Daykilled Day 3)
11. Othero -> George the Paladin (Town) (Daykilled Day 3)
12. Fyler - > Gina the Priestess (Town) (Killed with George)
13. Shaddus -> Alder, the Elven Ranger (Mafia) (Died of Poison Night 2)
14. Tarkenton -> Anoop, the Dwarven Monk (Town) (Lynched Day 1)
15. Dys -> Ayano, the rogue ninja (Town) (Nightkilled Night 2)
16. Kistan -> Lotin the Thief (Surviving Town)

Phase Changes
End Day 1: http://forums.lusternia.com/discussion/comment/174886/#Comment_174886
End Day 2: http://forums.lusternia.com/discussion/comment/175354/#Comment_175354

Summary of the Rules

1. You may not edit your posts. Doublepost as needed to correct typos/clarify.
2. Votes and Day Powers must be bolded to count. (Ex. Vote Nobody, or I'm A Day Power)
3. Once a majority has been reached, the day ends. If the day ends without a majority, Mob Mentality comes into effect - whoever has the most votes on them will be the one lynched. If multiple people have the same number of votes, whoever reached that number first will be lynched.
4. Mob Mentality will always favour a death over No Lynch. No Lynch must reach majority to be achieved.
5. You are not allowed to post in the thread during the night phases.
6. You are allowed to post during Twilight, but votes cannot be changed. Only powers explicitly permitted during Twilight may be used, and your chance is void if I post before you do. Timing is everything!
7. Once you are eliminated, you are not allowed to post in the thread during the day phase unless your role explicitly allows this.
8. Do not discuss game details outside of the game.
9. Day Phases will last exactly 4 real days. I will edit the first post of any given day to include/preserve the specific time.
10. Night Phases will last exactly 24 hours, after which you cannot submit night actions.
11. You are to be sportsmanlike, and not be excessively inflammatory, lest you might spontaneously burst into flame. You will receive one warning.
12. Town wins when all scum are eliminated.
13. Mafia wins when they hold a majority over town.
14. If you are neither town nor mafia, your role should make your win condition clear enough. If you are confused, please ask me!
15. Not all roles are created equal. Some of you are liable to have a bad time - chin up and keep trying. Chances are you'll still have some chance to affect the outcome of the game even if things turn south.
16. Investigation/Watching/Tracking have lower priorities than most kill methods.

=== NIGHT ZERO ===

Though Idyllic is nestled within a large, gently sloping valley, the surrounding mountains are especially jagged and treacherous, making travel difficult. All who journey to the village from afar are worn and ready to retire early. Heroes trickle in all throughout the late afternoon and early evening.

The village is oddly quiet, though does bear signs of harassment. While a few farm fields are scorched, the brunt of the damage seems to be in the village proper, with a good quarter of the housing having been razed and in danger of collapse. The locals all are very paranoid of outsiders right now, scarcely sparing a word as they steer clear and whisper of terrible nightmares and the doom that the blackswordsman brings.

Comparatively, Geran, the village elder is eager to greet everyone. A former hero himself, he is quick to make small talk about the shadowy figures which constantly elude identification, but likewise can't provide much in the way of detail. Teaming up with Ridley, the Lupine Innkeeper, they do their best to accommodate the gathering fellowship and ensure everyone is settled and rested for tomorrow.

At the new dawn, there would be time for everyone to get acquainted and become as well informed as possible before starting a proper investigation.

That was the plan, anyways.

Shortly before dawn comes, however, an explosive pulse of magical energies awakens everyone in the Inn. A lurid crimson light saturates the air as you scramble about to piece together what is wrong.

You may now submit night actions. You have 24 hours!
ONLY INDIRECT KILL METHODS WILL BE AVAILABLE TONIGHT - you will be informed if your kill method counts as indirect.

Comments

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    As there have now been several instances of confusion, "GAH and its allies" is town. You may wish to review the little intro post from the signup thread since there might still be a reference or two drawn from it over the course of the game.
    All night actions are in! I'm writing Day One right now and will post after sending out result PMs.
    edited June 2017
    === Day One ===

Everyone takes some time to organise as they stumble about in the crimson mists, suffering from headaches and a peculiar fatigue. The world is especially muddy about the peripheral vision, and each time you encounter someone else, you find yourself oddly unable to recognise them fully.

Gazing out the windows, it is evident that an ominous sphere of shadow has been cocooned about the building and some of the surrounding foliage, leaving little room out of doors and creating an apparent magical barrier intended to keep everyone inside.

Nothing seems amiss until two corpses are discovered in the commons. Apart from the outrage and aghast normally associated with finding dead bodies, the gathering is further distraught by their inability to identity anything about the deceased. A lone figure works through all the others gathered, while another pours over papers at the front desk.

"Hold on everyone, let me see now. My specialty was always in nullifying magics. Let's see if I can make this work."

The figure leans over the first body and traces glowing fingertips in the air just out of direct contact, tugging apart etheric threads of energy until the magics unravel to reveal Lord Chaucer.

He has been pinned to the ground, with a foreign gylph of some sort seared directly into his chest.

Perturbed, everyone turns their attention to the next as it is revealed to be a woman, with the majority of her face and chest seared by unstable energies.

"It would appear this might be the culprit", suggests the mysterious figure, "Her life energies exude the power of a dreamweaver, and the dreaming certainly seems to be woven into whatever hex or curse has been veiled upon us."

"That's a bold proposition. Who exactly are you?"

"Why, can you not recognise my voice? It is I, Geran! Here, one moment."

Immediately the figure goes about trying to unbind the magics surrounding him, but each time his fingers flare up in a brilliant flash that leaves him flailing his arms and cursing.

"Bloody stars, I'm just too far out of practice to manage this. Really and truly, though, it is I, Geran!"

"Well, okay. Let's work with that for the time being. What do we do now?"

"The magic didn't unravel with the dreamweaver's death, so it must be reinforced through the life energy of accomplices in this venture. I did not think they would move against us so soon - this has been a terrible mistake."

"Well, we're stuck with it now either way. Where's the guest book?"

"I can't find it," comes an unhappy howl from the front desk. "Someone has swiped it!"

Everyone looks about the commons, and attention quickly falls to the fireplace, where an obvious book like object has been lodged amidst the flames. The group quickly hurries to retrieve it, but it is too late - the pages are charred beyond recognition, and it is impossible to find a reference for who is now within the Inn.

An unnatural air of mutual hostility cloys within the room as silence prevails for a time, and everyone contemplates their next move.

It is now Day One.
    With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch without mob mentality.
    You have 4 real world days - This phase officially started at 9:00 PM, CST
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    So, we have an auto lynch even if we don't have a majority? Interesting. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I'm here.  I'm... confused.  But I'm attentive.

Did we actually lose a player?  Two?  Or were one or both of those corpses part of the story hook?

Eldanien said:
    I'm here.  I'm... confused.  But I'm attentive.

Did we actually lose a player?  Two?  Or were one or both of those corpses part of the story hook?
    I -think- they're just story. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    They were NPCs, and may or may not have been roles that were removed from play when we reduced game size from 20 to 16. That is all the more to say on that subject!
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Hello, I am alive and here.

And it's 8 to lynch with 16 players remaining? The rules say majority, but that's only 50%!
    Oh, you're right. My bad! Changing that.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    And with 16 alive, what's the supermajority? Sorry, just off of work and not thinking very clearly.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    In this case it'll be 12.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    4 days day phase?
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Silvanus said:
    4 days day phase?
    Seems like it! I'm very intrigued by the plurality set up as well.

(PS: Heads up I'm gonna be a bit busy the next two and a half days but I'll do my best to keep up via mobile.)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Hello, checking in

• I'll be in D.C. For pride until Tuesday so don't murder me 
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • Three Tolls for Lord Chaucer.

What is a supermajority? 
    I always thought a supermajority was 66% as opposed to 51%.

• Just popping in to say hello!
  • Do we know how many baddies there are? Or guess like 3-5?
  • Dys said:
    Do we know how many baddies there are? Or guess like 3-5?
    In the Avatar game with 16 players, there was 4 mafia.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Shaddus said:
    I always thought a supermajority was 66% as opposed to 51%.

Yeah but the trade off is when the day ends I think the person with the most votes will die no matter what if I'm reading correctly. (?)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I think that's countered if a majority vote no lynch.
  • Hello - I am checking in, I'm rather disappointed that my jujube eating was interrupted.
  • Rule 4, second sentence.
  • Tremula said:
    And with 16 alive, what's the supermajority? Sorry, just off of work and not thinking very clearly.
    Why do you care about the supermajority?

Anyone else getting a kick out of the fact that we have 16 rules and 16 players?  
  • What relevence is the supermajority? Once a person gets the required vote number, isn't that it?

• It seems to me that supermajority is a red herring, and moot.  The rules do not specify form of majority and simple majority appears to be the norm as well as the method suggested by the mod's bolded instruction.

Moving on, I have no information to share.  Nothing happened to me last night.

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I've missed the circular reasoning, paranoia, and theatricality of these games. With a night 0,should be interesring tosee if anything manages to crop up
     that being said, I've got bupkis.
  • It probably takes a supermajority to lynch Tremula
  • Hello hello, I'm here. 

So any leads found last night?