Very Vanilla Mafia - The Game Thread [Town Victory]

Comments

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Vote: Kistan
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I knew it was a bad idea to get rid of Arix :D
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Pretty sure I mentioned earlier I was getting a leery feel from Kistan. If not, well, I'm getting a leery feel from Kistan.
    Alright. We got 16 people, five of which are baddies or third party. I'm going to assume Arix is town, because I don't see that as a third party skill to use. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Hmm hmm. Well, of our options, I'd rather Vote Kistan. I'm not a fan of the no lynch and of our current options, they're the only one I have much reason to vote for. Mostly because I really don't follow their train of thought in the post about voting for Kalikai. Assuming people are mafia just because they've voted for someone? Sylandra is innocent because she was visited, but Kalikai isn't? And how would visitation imply innocence, anyway? It's not as though only baddies have targeted night powers. I just don't get it.
    I'd prefer to think Kistan is a victim of a lack of experience over possible scum, but he may very well just be bad at hiding it. 

Unvote, VOTE: KISTAN

Unvote, vote:kistan
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Vote Count

No Lynch <- Weiwae, Dys, Lehki, Silvanus, Othero, Eldanien (6)
    Kalikai <- Kistan (1)
    Tremula <- Arix (1)
    Kistan <- Sylandra, Kalikai, Tarkenton, Phoebus, Shaddus (6)

ONE HOUR REMAINS

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Can't stop picturing this:

Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    I was planning on posting that moon, actually, but my routine Sunday night lag is killing me and made gif fishing too difficult.
    Oh, hold on a minute.

I was double checking and saw that Day One proper began on June 8th.

This has only been the third real-life day going into Day One, so Day One officially ends at 9:00PM CST one June 12th.

Ya'll got me discombobulated.

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Yeah that may have been my fault, I think I started my count at June 7th instead of the 8th.

The Kistan vote was strange but it didn't seem scummish to me, just a bad read. Maybe Kistan has some power like Arix to convince us to not lynch, but I highly doubt it.

If Kistan ends up being town, we will know for sure that some scum are on that train.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Vivet said:
    Vote Count

No Lynch <- Weiwae, Dys, Lehki, Silvanus, Othero, Eldanien (6)
    Kalikai <- Kistan (1)
    Tremula <- Arix (1)
    Kistan <- Sylandra, Kalikai, Tarkenton, Phoebus, Shaddus (6)

ONE HOUR REMAINS

Whoa is there a reason five people voting for Kistan counts as six? Or miscounted?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    The count is accurate, no worries.
  • @Shaddus, stop voting with your alts
    Vivet said:
    Vote Count

No Lynch <- Weiwae, Dys, Lehki, Silvanus, Shaddus, Othero (6)
    Arix <- Kalikai, Tremula (2)
    Kalikai <- Kistan (1)
    Tremula <- Arix (1)Vivet said:
    Vote Count

No Lynch <- Weiwae, Dys, Lehki, Silvanus, Shaddus, Othero (6)
    Arix <- Kalikai (1)
    Kalikai <- Kistan (1)
    Tremula <- Arix (1)
    Kistan <- Sylandra (1)

IMPORTANT NOTE - of these three, Kalikai voted for Arix before the other three, with the vote to lynch Kalkai coming next and the vote to lynch Tremula coming before the one for Kistan. Assuming no other vote changes, Arix would still be lynched.

Day One ends at 9:00 CST, so you have just under 1 hour and 45 minutes!

Tick tock.

Okay so someone is sneaking in a double vote somewhere, either with passive power or a hidden action. I would consider that normally a scummish power, but I would be open to counter arguments especially in a game like this. Discovery of who has that comes down to two people in my mind.

Sylandra, because of the quote box above, we can see she had one vote, however, Sylandra did post a GIF that Vivet agreed with, so maybe that was the double vote sneaking power (it's a Ushaara stretch theory).

These are those that voted after Sylandra on Kistan: Kalikai, Tarkenton, Phoebus, Shaddus

Both Kailkai and Shaddus had already voted once before and you can see they never had a double vote before, so their passive power did not come into play, I don't see any particular Ushaara stretch theory of a hidden message in their posts like I did with Sylandra.

The next remaining two are Phoebus and Tarkenton.

Tarkenton is high on my list of weird scummish behavior, and if I were to favor any kind of lynch, it would be Tarkenton. I will still lean towards No lynch, but if someone has to be lynched...

Unvote
    Vote Tarkenton
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    Just realized that Sylandra posted the owl gif after the vote count, so I don't have any Ushaara stretch theory on hidden messages.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    So @Vivet, another question about the vote majority that I think would benefit everyone is the order of operation.

Now that Silvanus has unvoted, that puts none at 5 and Kistan at 6. If I vote for nobody and put it back at 6, then day ends with neither going higher, does the vote go to none or Kistan? I only ask because one of the rules say whichever reached the tie first will be the one that goes through, and am unsure if that counts in the case of a no lynch.

I'm also unsure if the unvote then revote still counts as none reaching 6 first. 
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • hmmm -- interesting.

UNVOTE

can we get another vote count?

• Yeah Kistan's reasoning read to me more like inexperienced than scummy.

The activation of this extra vote was hidden, so I don't think there's any reason to immediately assume it came from one of the people who placed votes visibly. If this was a town double vote power from one of them they really should have just told us.
    Well no lynch can never be the majority but I would presume whatever reached the number first and stayed there would count.
    Assuming it's someone's passive power causing it, then the double vote would have to be coming from Tarkenton, as it's not coming from me, and everyone else has been on a previous vote count as a single vote. 
  • Tremula said: 
    So @Vivet, another question about the vote majority that I think would benefit everyone is the order of operation.

Now that Silvanus has unvoted, that puts none at 5 and Kistan at 6. If I vote for nobody and put it back at 6, then day ends with neither going higher, does the vote go to none or Kistan? I only ask because one of the rules say whichever reached the tie first will be the one that goes through, and am unsure if that counts in the case of a no lynch.

I'm also unsure if the unvote then revote still counts as none reaching 6 first. 
    Vivet was talking about Arix still getting lynched at 1 vote while no lynch was at 4 or 5 still, so I'm pretty sure actual votes for lynching take precedent unless we reach a majority no lynch.
    But it's not like we really have to guess about if it's being caused by an individual's vote; we could change votes to someone else and see what happens to the count easily enough.
  • What owl gif?

Arix said:
    What owl gif?

I think he meant the moon.
  • Whoah! I wake up to insanity. Firstly I'm going to UNVOTE because the pressure on Arix actually gave us some useful information and I don't think a no lynch is a good idea at this point.  11 town, likely means 4 scum and 2 third party, based on the Avatar game, so no real surprise there. It would have been better for Arix to use his power much later in the game, but at least we have confirmation.

The train on Kistan really surprised me. I don't understand why there were so many votes against her. At this point as long as she has more votes than Arix she will get lynched. There must be something else going on with the bandwagon. Her lack of explanation in regards to Sylandra's question about why the night action against Kalikai doesn't count is also very curious.  I feel like people know much more than they are letting on.

The secret double vote without warning makes me really suspicious, I'd let it slide except his behaviour has also been odd. Sylandra has given an explanation for her voting, but Tarkenton has just been saying that voting for somebody is a good idea, looking for any waggon to jump on.  It's often said that scum try to put themselves in the middle of a bandwagon to avoid suspicion, so I'll put my non-copper, non-gold money where my mouth is and

VOTE Tarkenton

• I see now I was unfair to Kalikai.

Unvote, vote: Tarkenton

• Also must never go to sleep again...
    I'd like to hear from Tarkenton before voting for him. If he says he doesn't have two votes, then it's simple to check if that's true. He and I would just need to vote for someone else. There is the possibility that someone used a hidden power to add the extra vote because they thought the day's end was imminent, especially if they were unaware of lynches always taking precedence over a no lynch.