Very Vanilla Mafia - The Game Thread [Town Victory]

Comments

• Well I suppose with only a few hours to go, and no respite in sight, it is time to reveal a little more.

That way even were I to die, some useful information were to become available.

The reason I gave Sylandra a pass in my original guessing was it was my lucky coin she found in place of the few coppers she had after I checked she spent the whole night in her room, undisturbed
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Oh, dang. Hm. There was nothing malicious in the flavor text of the coin I received, and that's an accurate description of my night. Unvote.

Tempted to change my vote to Tarkenton, but am willing to give Kistan a pass based on the new information provided.

Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    You know what, this dayphase is ending soon, so Vote Tarkenton because that's a lot of power to have in the wrong hands and I can't help but feel iffy about it.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • UNVOTE

Vote: Yomoigu

I'll go with that for now. Yomoigu hasn't contributed much other than one or two comments. I'm not convinced Tarkenton is a bad guy, but I think he may have the lead in votes.
    This should tie Tarkenton and Kistan in the votes, fyi, and currently I believe Kistan would die as the length of Kistan's lynch train was achieved first.
    Daraius said:
  • unvote

Vote: Tarkenton
  • Well he's certainly leading now
  • Not sure I want him to die but I would rather live.
    Oh, @Kalikai beat me to it. Gah let me try and catch up on the vote trains. THIS IS CONFUSING.

Think this is accurate, let me know:

No Lynch <- Lehki, Othero, Eldanien (3)
    Tremula <- Arix (1)
    Kistan <- Tarkenton, Phoebus (2)
    Tarkenton <- Silvanus, Weiwae, Sylandra, Kistan (4)
    Yomoigu <- Dys, Eldanien, Kalikai (3)

With this in mind, I'm okay with swapping to Yomoigu. I genuinely didn't think he had more than one vote when I chose Tarkenton.

Unvote; Vote Yomoigu

Which puts us at:

No Lynch <- Lehki, Othero, Eldanien (3)
    Tremula <- Arix (1)
    Kistan <- Tarkenton, Phoebus (2)
    Tarkenton <- Silvanus, Weiwae, Kistan (3)
    Yomoigu <- Dys, Eldanien, Kalikai, Sylandra (4)

Plurality lynches, man. All the adrenaline rush!

Daraius said:
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Hrrm. I'm pretty suspicious of anything that could be interpreted as someone leaving marks on people, so I'm not entirely convinced that this coin is a friendly coin. But I agree also that double vote is a dangerous power if in the wrong hands. I don't know if I want to switch my vote or not. I am thinking. 
    *Eldanien shouldn't be on the "no lynch" train, I forgot to remove him, oops
    Daraius said:
    You also forgot to count Tarkenton's vote as two votes.
  • These are much less stressful when just reading them
    Sylandra said:

No Lynch <- Lehki, Othero (2)
    Tremula <- Arix (1)
    Kistan <- Tarkenton, Phoebus (3)
    Tarkenton <- Silvanus, Weiwae, Kistan (3)

Fixed, whew.
    Daraius said:
    For what reason is Yomoigu suddenly the lynch of choice? Are we just hopping onto the next target after someone gives up information on themselves?

All Kistan offered was "I left a coin on Sylandra," which honestly set off some arson marker alarm bells in my head, as the night 0 opening message outright stated that indirect kills are a thing in this game. Am I the only one thinking this?
  • I am not currently voting for anyone. You missed my unvote.
    Phoebus said:
    For what reason is Yomoigu suddenly the lynch of choice? Are we just hopping onto the next target after someone gives up information on themselves?

All Kistan offered was "I left a coin on Sylandra," which honestly set off some arson marker alarm bells in my head, as the night 0 opening message outright stated that indirect kills are a thing in this game. Am I the only one thinking this?
    Well, Kistan did say I didn't have any disturbances last night, which is true. My only disturbance was seeing the coin there. I don't think an arsonist would know that.

@Yomoigu has only posted twice, so it's basically my Arix Vote 2.0. Tarkenton could be good or bad, I don't know, but at least we can read his actions thus far. We can't read Yomoigu's, hence I'd prefer he get lynched between them.
    Daraius said:
    Sylandra said:

No Lynch <- Lehki, Othero (2)
    Tremula <- Arix (1)
    Kistan <- Tarkenton, Phoebus (3)
    Tarkenton <- Silvanus, Kistan (2)

Fixed again, then, per @Weiwae's comment.
    Daraius said:
  • I can support lynching or putting pressure on lurkers.

Vote Yomoigu.
  • Now I messed up your vote count again... Sorry!
  • Phoebus said:

No I also said I checked that she spent the whole night in her room.
  • Yeah - the Yomoigu vote is pure inactivity.

Kistan isn't fully signed off on, but it's something compared to nothing.

• And that nothing happened to her
    Kistan said:
    Phoebus said:

No I also said I checked that she spent the whole night in her room.
    Can also confirm this.
    Daraius said:
    Markers freak me out, ok!! But fine. I'll try to turn my paranoia dial down a little. Just a little. Unvote.

Ugh. I really don't know how I feel about this Yomoigu lynch, so I'm gonna think a little before I move my vote.
  • Unvote; Vote: Tarkenton

I know I said that being aggressive on day 1 can be a good idea but it doesn't really work if you are playing kind of scattershot and being aggressive for the sake of aggression. It especially doesn't work if you have a double vote. Your aggression+your power seems too dangerous. 

I also disagree with the Yomoigu lynch because at this point I think we are better served by going for the devil we know over someone who has just been quiet.

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Well this day has made a turn.

The pressure put on Kistan for the weird play has basically outed an investigative role.

Arix had to use his power.

Tarkenton tried to hide a double vote.

And Yomoigu hasn't been here (yet Celina is given a pass).

WIth Kistan's reveal, I am definitely more inclined to believe that it was not scummy, just a bad play. Knowing that, there has to be some scum on the Kistan train, since it is in their best interest to kill town. We are better off served voting for someone on that train instead of the lurkers.

Also, maybe Yomoigu has some posting restriction? It is very unlike him to be posting basically nothing at all. I would be okay with lynching Yomoigu if both Celina and Tarkenton did not exist. It seems wrong to vote someone for not participating, even though they have (maybe as much as they can for all you know) while giving the pass to someone who conveniently misses the entire Day 1 phase.

My vote will remain on Tarkenton. Having a secret double vote, trying to hide it, and the terrible excuses offered as to why he tried to hide it do not sit right with me.

"I could've offed someone if I wanted to."

Well you basically did, the train was chugging right along and we would've built up the vote train to just short of a lynch...

But they would be lynched because we didn't know you had two votes and there was no guarantee Vivet would come out with a vote count in time.

So yeah, Tarkenton trying to sneak through a double vote, while not informing the rest of town that it is there, could've led to an accidental lynch on day one.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    Yeah, ok. After some thought and other posts reinforcing my gut feelings, I'm gonna Vote: Tarkenton. 

I don't really want to force another person to reveal, as we've had quite enough of that today, and I don't want to throw my vote in on a totally unknown lynch when we have an option with some information attached to it. At least we know that Tarkenton is a double vote, which would be bad in scum hands, and honestly not too big of a loss if he does flip town. And if I instead voted for Yomo and he turned out to be the doctor or investigator or something, the sting of regret would be way worse.

• Does it really seem likely that double vote is mafia?
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I had a double vote mafia hidden power in my Los Alamos game.

Turn your question around - does it seem likely that a town has a hidden double vote power?
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.