Very Vanilla Mafia - The Game Thread [Town Victory]

Comments

• Dys said:
    The sword in Phoebus' hand could mean she did the mafia kill. She was unwatchable so that would be a good choice.

I hope it wasn't though as that would be a dead end. Literally and figuratively, I suppose
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I heard nightingales last night. It was soothing. Otherwise nothing new to add.

GG on whoever offed Phoebus, though, and Yomo's role explains some of his "don't let death deter you" rhetoric and "silent as the grave" hint.

I'm out doing errands but want to examine Phoebus's activity in more detail.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Yes... Phoebus started off reminding us that we shouldn't default to no lynch on Day 1.

She was 4th on the train to lynch Kistan and suggested his coin might be an arson marker (to me that's strong indication that Kistan is not mafia).

She was 4th on the train to lynch Tarkenton, saying that if double vote was town it'd be no great loss.

I should have argued that one more as it didn't feel right, but it was after midnight. Hindsight!
  • She commented on the 'are ninjas usually mafia' question too, saying "I think ninjas are usually scum, but Othero was a town ninja in the Pokemafia, so I guess it can go either way. Did it have an evil ninja vibe, or just generic ninja?"
  • Okay I'm here. There's a lot to take in and catch up on so I have nothing immediate to not. Nothing has happened to me and I don't have any valuable info just yet.
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Since it keeps getting brought up, I'd like to point out that Othero was a watcher flavoured to be a ninja, his role was not ninja and he was town.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    Tremula said:
    Since it keeps getting brought up, I'd like to point out that Othero was a watcher flavoured to be a ninja, his role was not ninja and he was town.
    Can you share the post that says this?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Dys said:
    She commented on the 'are ninjas usually mafia' question too, saying "I think ninjas are usually scum, but Othero was a town ninja in the Pokemafia, so I guess it can go either way. Did it have an evil ninja vibe, or just generic ninja?"
    Underlining for emphasis. Now, to quote directly from Othero's role message:

Tremula said:
    You steal quietly aboard the train when the Ticket Master isn't looking, then turn to the conductor and get your Trainer Card approved anyway. He looks confused, but you've got a skip in your step as you head down the carts, lazily looking into each one before moving on under the pretense of finding one for yourself. No, you're here because you see things. You see things other people don't, since you were trained in the ancient art of Ninjutsu in Fuschia City (under your sensei Koga), and that makes you invaluable to a Champion like Alec.

After you're sure that your train is clear of any suspicious characters, you settle into the penultimate car, letting your Pokemon out of his ball to enjoy the ride as well. After all, once you get to the Expedition, it's not going to be nearly as easy a ride as this. You don't know why, but your gut tells you that trouble is afoot, and your gut is never wrong.

You are the Watcher. You may pick a target trainer or Pokemon and see who they visit and who they are visited by each night. You win with the Champion.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    Ahhhhh! I thought you were confusing Phoebus and Othero's role. Didn't realize you were referring to Pokemafia.

@Othero claims to have been ninja'd night 1 in a method that we can now link to Phoebus roleblocking him. And if so, we can gather that Othero and Phoebus were likely on opposing teams because why roleblock your partner?
    Daraius said:
  • Well here's a question, was anybody hit by shurikens last night?
  • Sylandra said:

@Othero claims to have been ninja'd night 1 in a method that we can now link to Phoebus roleblocking him. And if so, we can gather that Othero and Phoebus were likely on opposing teams because why roleblock your partner?
    To make people think they were on opposing teams? Though that'd be twisty.
    Dys said:
    Sylandra said:

To make people think they were on opposing teams? Though that'd be twisty.
    Not early game, I'd think. Late game sure! But night 1 (zero?) the odds are more in mafia's favor than late game. You can block even the doctor on night zero and it can be construed as townie, since no one knows who anybody is that first night. No reason to throw that advantage aside on the off chance that the roleblocker mafia is killed asap (which is unlikely).
    Daraius said:
    Lehki said:
    Well here's a question, was anybody hit by shurikens last night?
    Not I. Though Vivet has said kills have higher priority here than ither abilities in most games. Curious how that translates here.
    Daraius said:
  • Oh and I just want to get it out there. My role didn't mention any other names that are likely present, and doubt anybody else knows I'm here.
    I would also like to say that at this moment I am against voting Kistan, Othero, or Arix, as I lean towards viewing them as Not-Mafia atm due to our current knowledge.
    Daraius said:
  • Well, if you're including Othero in that because he was role blocked on N1 than I should probably bring this up now. On N1 I was also subject to a shuriken role block. I thought it was a copycat power that Othero and I were hit by the same thing but after seeing Phoebus' role I'm guessing that Ayano is also a role blocking ninja.
  • Lehki said:
    Well, if you're including Othero in that because he was role blocked on N1 than I should probably bring this up now. On N1 I was also subject to a shuriken role block. I thought it was a copycat power that Othero and I were hit by the same thing but after seeing Phoebus' role I'm guessing that Ayano is also a role blocking ninja.
    Wow, three roll blockers?  I wonder if that means that the two that aren't scum and aren't town are a team.

Kistan, did you put coins in anyone's pocket last night, and did they leave their room?
  • Wait 3? Did I miss something?
  • Phoebus ninja had a blocking power.
    Yomoigu had the "SPOOK" jailing power
    And this second ninja.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I think with Phoebus mentioning the arson marker that there may not be an arson in play, I will have to look back on this but I do recall Phoebus being against arson suggestions because they cause chaos for town and increase paranoia if they aren't there (might've been Portius that said it).

Just a quick thought, it seems odd to out arson if you are their teammate.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Oh, well that spooky jail is a one time use only thing. It is also possible my initial thought was right and that there is a copycat out there and Ayano doesn't have exactly the same power and flavor
    I think a copycat is likely because of the similarity in the death flavors. 
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    Weiwae said:
    Phoebus ninja had a blocking power.
    Yomoigu had the "SPOOK" jailing power
    And this second ninja.
    Ah, okay. I was confused like Lehki too, as I don't equate jailers with roleblockers when reading posts.

(For newbs reading who don't know the difference: jailers like Yomoigu can "jail" someone so they can't take any action that night, but the person they jail also can't be targeted for any action that night either. In contrast, roleblockers like Phoebus can only stop someone from taking an action at night; they can't prevent someone from being targeted by other players.)

In my experience, it's normal to have a jailer and a roleblocker in play. It's not normal to have two roleblockers unless one is town-aligned and one is mafia-aligned. (It's certainly very abnormal to have three regular roleblocker roles full stop, hence why Lehki asked what Weiwae meant and why there was confusion.)

I'd guess based on this knowledge, we had: 1 mafia roleblocker (Phoebus), 1 town jailer (Yomoigu), and 1 (likely town) roleblocker (??). Alternatively, we could have a copycat power like @Lehki suggests, but I also could see a townie ninja in the works in this kind of set-up.
    Daraius said:
  • Ooh, so either Othero or Lekhi was targeted by Phoebus and isn't mafia, and the other one was targeted by the other person and might or might not be. Right?
  • And what's copycat?
  • Remember that direct kills were not allowed night zero, so the lack of a kill might not mean Other is town.

• Other. Not trying to poke here, but felt that was worth mentioning
  • Also what is arson again? In mafia context
    Leave a marker on someone (like Kistans coin or the ruby or the rainbow), and then anyone with the marker dies when activated. 
  • Copycat would be somebody that picks a target and uses their power that night on a second target. May or may not know what the power actually was.

Arson marks targets at night, and then later kills all of them at once. Usually wins as a sole survivor like SK