Very Vanilla Mafia - The Game Thread [Town Victory]

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Arix said:
    Remember that direct kills were not allowed night zero, so the lack of a kill might not mean Other is town.

Oh, that wasn't my reasoning. I thought the only roleblocker in play was Phoebus (a mafia) and figured a mafia wouldn't target their own.

But Lehki has now told us there are two roleblockers in play, so Othero isn't off the hook anymore!

Arix said:
    Also what is arson again? In mafia context
    What @Silvanus said: they leave a marker on someone at night, and later activate a massive death spree that kills anyone marked. Very dangerous if they aren't caught early! Hence people being nervous about "markers."

I really don't think @Kistan is an arsonist though, based on the flavor I received and the info Kistan gave about my night.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Lehki said:
    Copycat would be somebody that picks a target and uses their power that night on a second target. May or may not know what the power actually was.

Arson marks targets at night, and then later kills all of them at once. Usually wins as a sole survivor like SK
    I was a mafia arson in the meta mafia game and I famously lost to a mafia arson in the Reign game, so I'm not 100% confident it's a third party role
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    Silvanus said:
    Lehki said:
    Copycat would be somebody that picks a target and uses their power that night on a second target. May or may not know what the power actually was.

Arson marks targets at night, and then later kills all of them at once. Usually wins as a sole survivor like SK
    I was a mafia arson in the meta mafia game and I famously lost to a mafia arson in the Reign game, so I'm not 100% confident it's a third party role
    It can go either way. I died to a third party arsonist in the Touhou game, haha.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • For what it is worth I think the arsonist in this game will use a poison, based on the information I have. 
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • I'm not certain, for the record, just putting it out there in case someone else has seen similar evidence and can corroborate.
    Eldanien said:
    Hmmm.

I may be out of pocket for a couple of days, so I'm going to lay a couple of things out there.

If your evening involved the color ruby, I would love to be hinted your story.

If your evening involved a rainbow of colors... same.  I'm hoping the story involves leprechauns, but that would be too good to be true.

Also, @Yomoigu, when you get around to posting, please include the details of your death that aren't obvious by the large hole in your heart.
    Anyone want to respond to this, btw? It means nothing to me.
    Daraius said:
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I'm afraid I haven't had any fabulous visions or loose change mutate into greater amounts. I've had no night messages that weren't me asking questions about hypothetical situations since this is my first time in this type of setup. Technically those are day messages too, though. :P
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • I'm going to preface this by saying I do -not- want to have everyone roleclaim, you shouldn't roleclaim at all, but I've noticed with the role reveals (and my own role) so far everyone in GAH has been given the names of other GAH members. 

Also someone turned me invisible last night. I have no idea what that actually did, if anything.
  • Sometimes a coin is just a coin.

Speaking of which, for those thinking that Kistan must have watched something last night. Well I did. And you know what i watched? Phoebus sleeping like a log - in hindsight it may now have been an actual log.

I don't know if it helps much but Phoebus had a big pile of gold - the sort that you might get to kill a Lord. Certainly did not need more gold.

Anyone think all the mafia are ninja's and can move around without being watched?

It did make me go back and wonder at how soundly Sylandra slept as well.
    Sylandra said:
    Eldanien said:
    Hmmm.

I may be out of pocket for a couple of days, so I'm going to lay a couple of things out there.

If your evening involved the color ruby, I would love to be hinted your story.

If your evening involved a rainbow of colors... same.  I'm hoping the story involves leprechauns, but that would be too good to be true.

Also, @Yomoigu, when you get around to posting, please include the details of your death that aren't obvious by the large hole in your heart.
    Anyone want to respond to this, btw? It means nothing to me.
    Well I don't think anyone should really be outing themselves the way Kistan did in giving you coins unless actually needed. 

But it it is interesting that no one after night 0 claimed either of these two things. 
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    Kistan said:
    Sometimes a coin is just a coin.

Speaking of which, for those thinking that Kistan must have watched something last night. Well I did. And you know what i watched? Phoebus sleeping like a log - in hindsight it may now have been an actual log.

I don't know if it helps much but Phoebus had a big pile of gold - the sort that you might get to kill a Lord. Certainly did not need more gold.

Anyone think all the mafia are ninja's and can move around without being watched?

It did make me go back and wonder at how soundly Sylandra slept as well.
    Phoebus's power seemed to include a way to avoid being watched, if I read it correctly. So that would make sense. (I have no such power myself!)
    Daraius said:
  • Othero said: 
    I'm going to preface this by saying I do -not- want to have everyone roleclaim, you shouldn't roleclaim at all, but I've noticed with the role reveals (and my own role) so far everyone in GAH has been given the names of other GAH 
    Yeah this is why I wanted to put out there that my role is an exception to that. Flavour wise was just kind of on my way through and thought I should help out, rather than being summoned by the king
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Since we're all revealing things, I'll throw out some info. 

I have some of my fellow GAH members (role names), and I also know from my role that Sylandra is a trustworthy member of our group.

The opening night, I was awakened by some sort of rainbow shield that formed around me. I think someone may have a power that tried to protect me.  
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Vouching for people is really worthless right now since we don't know roles or any claims that can substantiate it, and is only painting targets on the backs of people. 
    Hm! I think I know Shaddus's role then. Interesting!

Anyway yeah, we should be focusing on who to off at this point in time. It's nice to know who to trust, but let's not tip our hands too early either.
    Daraius said:
  • Why not vouch for people? The mafia already know who's town. I think I can say about five aren't mafia. Not 100%, maybe 95% sure.
    Because you could still be wrong. They may not be mafia but that's no guarantee they are town. 
    Shaddus said:

I have some of my fellow GAH members (role names), and I also know from my role that Sylandra is a trustworthy member of our group.

The opening night, I was awakened by some sort of rainbow shield that formed around me. I think someone may have a power that tried to protect me.  
    Why do you say try? Did you receive a message you were protected and it failed or something else give you that impression? 

Also is the rainbow shield the same as what Eldanien saw?
    Fyler said:
    Vouching for people is really worthless right now since we don't know roles or any claims that can substantiate it, and is only painting targets on the backs of people. 
    Dys said:
    Why not vouch for people? The mafia already know who's town. I think I can say about five aren't mafia. Not 100%, maybe 95% sure.

Exactly my point in the second post. Mafia knows who they are, they just don't know who should be priority or who might off them. If someone investigates me, they'll know I'm trustworthy and they should know that I trust Sylandra. If they don't, no harm no foul. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Or investigate Sylandra and know if they can trust you...
    Dys said:
    Or investigate Sylandra and know if they can trust you...

I doubt that really would work, because Sylandra doesn't (for sure) know my role, though she probably has an idea. Investigate her if you want, but you'd be wasting your time. 
  • I just mean it would confirm your thought that she's trustworthy which would then support your judgement. Mafia is unlikely to point out a previously unconfirmed town. Probably.
    I won't pretend to know what the investigator should or shouldn't do at this point in the game. I ain't got nothing to hide though, so feel free to do what you like there.

Here's the thing, though: if mafia know who town 'trusts' then those people get targets on their back, because they know the more uncertain town is as a group, the more likely they are to succeed a lynch. So having "believed" townies about is never ideal for them.

So that's the concern about outing such things.
    Daraius said:
    Additionally: we had two kills.

We have no way of knowing if it was a vigilante + mafia kill, or a serial killer + mafia. It's nice a mafia died, but it may not have been a townie's doing.
    Daraius said:
  • I looked back at the initial NPC deaths but they don't match last night. 
    Lord Chaucer: "He has been pinned to the ground, with a foreign gylph of some sort seared directly into his chest."
    and "a woman, with the majority of her face and chest seared by unstable energies."
    Silvanus said:
    Shaddus said:

Why do you say try? Did you receive a message you were protected and it failed or something else give you that impression? 

Also is the rainbow shield the same as what Eldanien saw?

I received some sort of message about flatulence waking me up, then a rainbow of colors flew in the window and made a shield in front of me that faded to invisibility. Guessing it's just a standard protection type thing. 
  • Fyler said:
    I'm not certain, for the record, just putting it out there in case someone else has seen similar evidence and can corroborate.
    You have seen evidence of poison? Care to share?
  • I'm checking in. I apologize for not speaking up sooner. 

Nothing crazy happened to me, but I wonder if anyone saw mice last night?
  • Kistan said:
    Fyler said:
    I'm not certain, for the record, just putting it out there in case someone else has seen similar evidence and can corroborate.
    You have seen evidence of poison? Care to share?
    Yes and No.
    Kalikai said:
    I'm checking in. I apologize for not speaking up sooner. 

Nothing crazy happened to me, but I wonder if anyone saw mice last night?
    I've been wondering this too! Surprising that no one would share that when it's already got context.

Makes me wonder if the flavor text is uniform for the skills, honestly. Or if we can expect variations each night.
    Daraius said: