Very Vanilla Mafia - The Game Thread [Town Victory]

Comments

• Gonna just go ahead and use this before mob mentality or something else happens:

EXHALE PURPLE HAZE
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Tarkenton said:
    Other person I'm leery of is Silvanus, for being the one starting the no lynch train. Got my eyes on you.
    A no lynch is better than a random Mod lynch.

A no lynch is better than a random ninja lynch at the end of the day.

A no lynch is better than your suggestion of putting a name in a random generator list because it actually generates discussion and forms a bandwagon

.Lehki said:
    Well, yeah, but who's to say there won't be somebody that can corroborate?
    Of course, maybe Arix is the one with the mice or gave Sylandra a raise, but what kind of claim would you believe?
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Arix said:
    Gonna just go ahead and use this before mob mentality or something else happens:

EXHALE PURPLE HAZE
    Well I guess that is something that would be believable.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • For example, I do know something last night I haven't felt the need to mention yet. I'm sure I'm not the only one so keeping quiet still.

Also whoop that doesn't sound friendly.
  • It actually is, @Lehki. It will answer @dys 's question from early in the game
  • IE exactly how many non-town there are for you to deal with. I am unsure if I get the response here or privately though
  • Probably here though based on the fact I can use it during Twilight
  • That sounds like a good reason for not lynching Arix if it works.
  • Unless there's a reason it's a Mafia or killer power. Though I can't think of one.
  • Vote: No Lynch

No lynch is still the most sensible route. I can see the reasons why we'd want to lynch someone but I think a no lynch is more sensible.
  • What it will do is, hopefully where people can see it, blow a smoke ring that tells me how many town there are. From there you can determine obviously the number of non-town

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Arix said:
    Gonna just go ahead and use this before mob mentality or something else happens:

EXHALE PURPLE HAZE
    Ooh. This is interesting. (Also! You still haven't voted!)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Lehki said:
    @Kistan scum voting as a block this early would be pretty risky for them, think at best there'd be 1 maybe 2 in a vote until it the train was picking up momentum.

So Arix is basically on the chopping block right now. The "then just lynch" sounds like giving up to me. I kind of want to ask for a role claim but if it turns out to be a believable one I worry Sylandra is just going to switch us over to another random target. =/
    See, I don't think my targeting is all that random! I explained why I picked Arix over other people. I do think a lynch is preferable today however and if Arix's power shakes out as explained I would likely shift gears. Even this one vote has already stimulated a lot more discussion than all the previous "no lynch" runarounds have.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Actually, I changed mind. I am going to VOTE: TREMULA.  Joining a lynch train in a game with a possible mod-ninja for no reason other than previous game issues (and if we're voting based on last game, at least I was town) is just a bad precedent and strikes me as scummy
  • Wait, so Arix is about to tell us how many 'non-town' there are?

How many times can you use this? I'm guessing that we'll see at least 5, if not 6. If it is as you say it is, I will gladly unvote.

I will say that I don't believe Tremula is scum, I'd rather you vote for me over her at this point. 

@Kistan - I explained my reasonings for wanting a lynch. A 25% chance to find a scum is better than a 0% chance. I agreed with Sylandra that non-participation is ok, though I think at this point (besides Celina) that @Yomoigu has commented the least. 

• it's a one-shot
  • no no it tells me how many town there are. You would have to figure out from there how many non town, but that's not difficult
  • It's basicly some sort of smoke divination
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I'm still waiting for a vote-count and power confirmation from Vivet before I change my vote.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Wikl be back on later this evening

• Have explained my power, it should show up here and reveal a town count, if not I at leadt tried to give SOME information before the railroaders snuck a lynch through

Sylandra said:
    Shaddus said:
    Sylandra said:
    Hmm since we are sharing, a few coppers in my pocket transformed into a gold coin last night but I have no clue what it means. So hey why not share.

Just out of curiosity, why do you have coppers? I don't have any money :/
    Flavor rules all! I get the impression my measly usual salary was unexpectedly significantly upped. Again this has nothing to do with my character role so I'm as mystified as you.

Upon reflection, I would say some kind of alchemist may have visited me. Not sure if that's accurate but it would certainly fit the flavor of my coppers literally transforming into a single gold coin.

(Additionally I will unvote as I wait to see how the Arix power plays out. Very intrigued!)
    Daraius said:
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Hi, I just got home! Going to take a little while to catch up here, will be a few minutes.
    Vote Count

No Lynch <- Weiwae, Dys, Lehki, Silvanus, Shaddus, Othero (6)
    Arix <- Kalikai, Tremula (2)
    Kalikai <- Kistan (1)
    Tremula <- Arix (1)

Idle chit-chat ensues most of the day, with no solid leads and everyone feeling terribly worn. As an increasing number of people tiredly seek to acquit, it is Sylandra who rallies to pursue vengeance for the loss of Lord Chaucer. Fervor quickly builds as fingers start to be pointed, and the majority of the focus rests on Arix.

With a sigh of indignation, Arix retrieves her pipe and asks for at least a spare moment. Sylandra backs off while the others look on, Arix loading the pipe up with a strange smelling bundle of herbs. After a deep inhalation, she expels a large smoke ring of brilliant violet. Sealing her right nostril shut, she proceeds to shoot a plume of said-same smoke through her left nostril into the ring. The plume uncurls into eleven little figures, dancing about within the circle before it fades away entirely while everyone watches contemplatively.

So five of y'all are dirty dirty non-townies. Oooh.

So I'll leave Arix alone and swap to vote Kistan. I don't understand her reasoning for voting Kalikai when she opted out on voting me for sharing a Night action... when she shared she also encountered a night action. Doesn't add up.
    Daraius said:
    *to clarify, she voted Kalikai even though Kalikai shared a Night action though she forgave me the same offense
    Daraius said:
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Okay, I can't see a reason why any scum would have that power as a one-shot, so I'll Unvote.

I don't know about voting none yet, what are we looking at on time?
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    Vote Count

No Lynch <- Weiwae, Dys, Lehki, Silvanus, Shaddus, Othero (6)
    Arix <- Kalikai (1)
    Kalikai <- Kistan (1)
    Tremula <- Arix (1)
    Kistan <- Sylandra (1)

IMPORTANT NOTE - of these three, Kalikai voted for Arix before the other three, with the vote to lynch Kalkai coming next and the vote to lynch Tremula coming before the one for Kistan. Assuming no other vote changes, Arix would still be lynched.

Day One ends at 9:00 CST, so you have just under 1 hour and 45 minutes!

Tick tock.

• Unvote
    Vote: Kistan

I don't want to vote for Arix or Tremula, but I want to save myself, so got to put Kistan in the majority.

• I'm perpetually shocked how fast these games go.

For now, I'm going to Vote: Nobody.

I'm actually getting an odd vibe from @Sylandra.  I'm unsure whether it's admiration/fear for her quality of play (good and bad points) or if there's something else I'm not picking up on.

But the one thing I'm most intrigued by is @Kalikai's determination to protect @Tremula.  There's a lot of oomph behind that assertion and I'm wondering why.