Very Vanilla Mafia - The Game Thread [Town Victory]

Comments

• It also seems that I repeated myself. I may be a legend, but even legends get old.
  • Uuuh, okay guess I should clear this up. I'm the one that turns people invisible. I can explain what it does in detail if you all want, but basically, @Kistan don't worry about what you saw.
  • Yeah, clearing that up would be nice.
  • Actually yeah, on second thought since it seems to be coming down to just myself and Sylandra I guess I should just do that now.

I'm Vikki the Illusionist, though doubt any of yall heard about me. At night I've been turning somebody invisible and then making somebody else look like that person. The way that works out mechanically is that anybody trying to use a power on the invisible target will be redirected to the second target instead. Anybody who tried to directly target the second person would have just failed their action, being unable to find them.  It's like some weird combo of bus driver and jailer, minus role blocking the target.

Night 1 I didn't target anybody since scum couldn't kill anyway and didn't wanna accidentally block town. 
    Night 2 made Dys look like Othero which nobody noticed.
    Night 3 I made Arix look like Shaddus. So that's why Kistan saw Arix dieing to poison.
  • Sorry, reverse that, made Shaddus look like Arix.
  • Not to undermine the "there's only 1 mafia left" argument (given that it's my bae saying it) but Othero survived an attempt on his life last night by a shadow. 
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • So if Dys was the target of the mafia, so was Othero. 
  • Yeah, that is true. I was being quiet on it because I didn't want to show anything about our doctor in case the "only one is left" is wrong. I was attacked by a shadow, protected by our doctor, and the shadow turned into smoke and butterflies after I stabbed it. 
  • Well, know that you mention that... both Shaddus and Silvanus were supposed to be immune to investigation and detection, so possibly they threw off Arix's smoke count?
  • MY BAD. We are lovers, not talkers ifyouknowwhatImean. Well the point is he was saved last night from a ninja (shadow with knives), so it's possible we have a more complicated situation than just 1 mafia left given that we haven't accounted for Dys specifically. 

I'm putting it out there because it looks like we are headed towards a claim train.
  • Actually, @Arix I don't suppose you have another charge of that purple haze?
  • I do
  • Fyler said:
    MY BAD. We are lovers, not talkers ifyouknowwhatImean. Well the point is he was saved last night from a ninja (shadow with knives), so it's possible we have a more complicated situation than just 1 mafia left given that we haven't accounted for Dys specifically. 

I'm putting it out there because it looks like we are headed towards a claim train.
    Maybe it's connected to Phoebus' hidden ability. Hopefully Dys can tell us what his hidden one is through Yomoigu(though that reminds me @Vivet u ever work out that dead chat problem? Might need to use an external chat room or something).

Either way I think Arix doing another count on town would be good at this time.
  • Lehki said:

Night 3 I made Arix look like Shaddus. So that's why Kistan saw Arix dieing to poison.

If its not too rude, why those pairs?
  • Wait no, I misread @Lehki's question. Purple haze was a oneshot
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Lehki said:(though that reminds me @Vivet u ever work out that dead chat problem? Might need to use an external chat room or something). 
    I've provided Yomoigu with a place to try if he's keen on it, but he also has the leftover people in individual PMs right now too. In the end, it's whatever works best for him since he's the one that has to deal with the consequences of everyone not being in the same chatline.

On that note, I leave for work soon, but if it is evident that the external site is preferred then I will help Yomoigu get all the dead folk in there when I can.

• Sylandra said:
    I win with GAH and its allies.

TIME TO TOKE!
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Arix said:
    Sylandra said:
    I win with GAH and its allies.

TIME TO TOKE!
    Wrinkling her nose, Arix procures another sachet of herbs from her pockets and inhales delicately before loading the contents into her pipe. They fire nice and easily, producing a head of smoke that lingers as she fixes her eyes squarely on Sylandra. It doesn't take long for the smoke to shift from grey to green.
  • Well that just raises further questions
  • Hmm, I'm pulling back from saying Weiwae is town then. It's the loosest defense of him, just that my role said he was a member of GAH.
  • Kistan said:
    Lehki said:

If its not too rude, why those pairs?
    Night 2 I didn't really have a good idea on who the mafia was, so I just picked 2 people I felt were probably town since both my targets are protected in a way. Othero was untouchable at Dys' expense, but anybody who went directly after Dys would have just failed their action.

Night 3 Shaddus was starting to smell funny to me, and Arix felt like the currently most valuable known power with the lie detecting smoke, so was protecting Arix and hoping to redirect the scum kill onto Shaddus if they went after Arix. I was so pleased with myself when I saw Shaddus was dead in the morning, even more so when I read his power and thought I might have taken out 2 scum. Dying to rainbow poison unicorn farts is also good though.
  • Shaddus was also GAH
  • Just to be clear - green means good right?

• Green means that as far as the divination knows, they are telling the truth
  • I'm inclined to believe Lehki. Would scum have two people with investigation/lie detection immunities? This may put Sylandra in the clear for me too.

I think Dys maybe is the one that attacked Othero. Maybe @Yomoigu can ask her. It sounds very ninja like.

I'm guessing Silvanus died from Shaddus killing power, and he obviously offed Eldanien too. That means Dys was killed by scum and she likely is the one that attacked Othero.

I don't mean to be racist , but blunt force trauma seems like a classic half-orc thing to do. 

Unvote, Vote Weiwae

• At this point I an inclined to agree. VOTE WEIWAE
  • So far we have two scum with investigation avoidance, and one scum with watch avoidance. So it wouldn't be surprising to me to find out all the scum are able to avoid detection one way or another.

As for me, I'm a half-orc so anyone investigating me will always see me as guilty or lying. 

Additionally, I have a power to warn someone that they are about to be attacked. However, if I'm wrong , I attract attention and get killed instead. 

It's lose lose all around for Brutus the half-orc
  • Do you have more info on how that power works?
  • I should of said more
     I don't understand how that power is useful.  Why would got know if someone is getting attacked? Ann's who kills you if you are wrong?
  • What use is warning someone? Does it save them? Have you used this power?