Tweets VIII: Knocks Me Off My Tweet

Comments

• You're right, these tweet aren't positive enough. We should all try harder to be better individuals.
  • I did retire! But it is quite normal for those that retire to stick around. Now I come here for entertainment rather than because I'm invested.
  • edited March 2019
    Just remember it's only okay to be shady and insulting as long as you're being generic about it or the target isn't in a winning org.
  • I'm not sure how my post was abusive but okay?
  • Aydeksa said:
    I'm not sure how my post was abusive but okay?
    You're doing the thing.

Lycidas's post mocked a crappy attitude that's having a negative impact on the game and you seemly told them to leave.
  • It's okay, Lusternia can afford to lose players and therefore dismiss and deny the reasons why players leave.
    WHY WE FIGHT
    Accountability is necessary.
  • It's okay, Lusternia can afford to lose players and therefore dismiss and deny the reasons why players leave.
    Well if all the other players leave then the admin don't need to actually work on the other orgs in the game?

The mindset that leavers and complainers don't matter has done so much good for the game so far, despite you know... years of evidence to the contrary, all the research that shows how deeply flawed it is, and basic common sense.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited March 2019
    Tedium increasing!

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• edited March 2019
    Lavinya said:
    @Steingrim speaking from experience - no matter how good your own reasoning and the importance you felt to leave, you're ever going to cop heat for leaving as VA. Years on I still get shade and jabs and I returned and paid back just over half the debt. 

If nothing else, it sure makes for a juicy, angsty RP base to work from.

Difference is I paid the debt in full. /flex
    Edit: I also did what is absolutely best for the org.
    Edit2: I also did what was IC for the character with doing the least damage to the org, instead of remaining and risking the org blowing up.
  • Which?
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    edited March 2019
    EDIT: Tired of the shade and jabs. Less verbiage, just this. (Dude I was kinda sticking up for you and finding a silver lining.)

Alan Rickman Table Flip GIF

• Lavinya said:
    EDIT: Tired of the shade and jabs. Less verbiage, just this. (Dude I was kinda sticking up for you and finding a silver lining.)

Alan Rickman Table Flip GIF

If that is to me I was neither taking a jab back at you or being defensive. I did have to consider the effect of leaving suddenly and I know how much power I've been responsible in contributing (over the years) and how many credits I spent out of my own pocket to reward other people for bringing in power. I'm just saying the normal rules don't apply to me in this situation.

I did have to decide if the value of remaining and possibly hamstringing the outcome later in the event was worth the extra non-insignificant power leaving early would cost them. It did give me pause and I even considered the impact it had on you (remember I did icly appeal on your behalf).
  • Right, I don't think anybody here is saying, "You're horrible for doing it!", Lavi was saying to just expect it regardless of how much you paid for it. Kind of goes along with our real world where no amount of reparations fixes an accusation. The people that want to hold it over his head are going to regardless of how much he's put into the city.
  • This daily credit train has successfully convinced me to return. I doubt any of you remember me. Serenwilde is fun people.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I remember the name, but we've never met. Welcome back!
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Once again being reminded that if you're not a combatant, nothing you do is considered 'contributing'
  • Don't worry about it, just had to get that out
  • I should flag that as abuse.
  • Jolanthe said:
    Your design #28530 of a golden dragon milk beer was approved.

What hath I wrought?

send me some. Is it public?

• Arix said:
    Jolanthe said:
    Your design #28530 of a golden dragon milk beer was approved.

What hath I wrought?

send me some. Is it public?

It is public. You can totally brew yourself a bottle.

• So I have a runed weapon

It has a Great Rune of Razing attached to it (#300442).

if I change class what happens to my rune?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Aydeksa said:
    So I have a runed weapon

It has a Great Rune of Razing attached to it (#300442).

if I change class what happens to my rune?
    It stays on the weapon.  As long as you're wielding that weapon, any of your other attacks will still do the razing thing.  If you don't want to / can't wield that weapon any more, you'd need to look into an infini-last plier to detach & move it (unless you have 1500 credits sitting around for the permanent version...).