Tweets VIII: Knocks Me Off My Tweet

Comments

• Moominland
  • Once again it's cheaper to by 3x 1 stocking than to buy 3 stockings.
  • Versalean said:
    Once again it's cheaper to by 3x 1 stocking than to buy 3 stockings.
    It is by 0.02 cent -- but then some card companies will charge you for using your card -- so it's not really cheaper to buy 1 x 3, rather just buy the 3 in 1 deal and be charged once for using my card vs. 3 separate transactions. 
  • Most card companies in the uk don't charge for transactions. So its a bit weird to see it this way.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Stratas said:
    For yet another year, it continues to be dumb that you get a prize for hanging 5 stockings, but there is no 5 stocking package.
    Dumb, or marketing ploy?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Indeed. It makes perfect sense, it just isn't nice.
    Now that I think on it, I'm actually going to say that it's possible that the problem simply never occured to someone in charge. It was overlooked.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited December 2018
    Logged in to look for people to interact with, only to discover that I had a random affliction I couldn't even remember how I got months ago, when I tried to play last time (did I? I definitely haven't bashed or been anywhere/doing anything threatening/afflictiony for a couple IRL years now).

I thought the overhaul was supposed to make things simpler? FIRSTAID doesn't exist anymore? WHATCURES/WHATISCUREDBY don't exist anymore? (Both were great!) DIAG tells me I'm "violently ill". Great, I'll find it out-game on the wiki, cause that's always been the place to learn about anything about the game, when you can't find anything about it in it. What, nothing?

After more effort than I wanted to spend, I find out the affliction is actually vomiting. I really, really don't want to pursue a pseudo-degree in fantasy-land stuff just to be able to function, and have all the random knowledge of what each thing the game says is really code for. Kudos to those of you who do, but I'm out.

If you're simplifying the game, simplify it. QQ for real.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • edited December 2018
    Just Type AC ON and the game will cure it for you.
    EDITTED to remove a bit of pointless snark.

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• That could work.

• Is being a genius required to play? The insults are fantastic here, too.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Riluna said:
    Is being a genius required to play? The insults are fantastic here, too.
    Genius indicates one is considered smart and is thus a complement, not an insult.

• Especially the way you used it

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Do we need to break out the drag queen gifs? I don't think Celina's still around so I don't know who does them now.
  • Luce said:
    Do we need to break out the drag queen gifs? I don't think Celina's still around so I don't know who does them now.
    No need. It's already pretty easy to tell why the population here is in the single digits.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Some options:
    1) Edit all Diag lines to contain the actual aff name in parentheses at the end.  unnaturally stupid (stupidity).
    Systems that aff track based on diag would stop working, but if the edit is consistent they should be able to ignore the new bit, or add a config to disable the aff name on Diag.
    2) Edit the aff lookup command to be able to paste in the diagnosis line.  WHATCURES VIOLENTLY ILL would thus match up to Vomiting and return that aff page.

Having to check each of the affs to match up to the diagnose line is not super convenient.
  • Wow that was super quick.

FIRSTAID has been replaced by serverside curing. Please see HELP AUTOCURING for more information.
    You can take advantage of the default settings just by using AC ON!

Love it, thanks Admin!
  • Norns said:
    As per Changelog 1585, with Orael's help We've made Dys's suggestion into reality, as well as adding another idea of our own which is to have the FIRSTAID command explain about Autocuring.

We've got some ideas for the other suggestions, but they will take a little longer to implement.

If more of you have ideas then please throw them into either Simple Ideas or the Newbie Intro thread - so that this thread can go back to being the hive of tweeting it should be.
    It might help to have DIAG contain a line about autocuring. If nothing other than something like: You have afflictions which could be cured by AUTOCURING.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    You quickly unwrap a present wrapped in snow, which sprays glittering silver dust and cheerful confetti into the air, and grin enormously upon receiving 701 Aethergoop and 36 sips of a regeneration salve.
    You've unwrapped A SUPERIOR PRESENT! Type PRESENTS to see your Gift Counter.

Thought that was retired...
  • And this is why none of us can wait for Ironbeard
  • edited December 2018
    Rivius said:
    You quickly unwrap a present wrapped in snow, which sprays glittering silver dust and cheerful confetti into the air, and grin enormously upon receiving 701 Aethergoop and 36 sips of a regeneration salve.

Thought that was retired...
    Despite the name Superior, that is only a tier 2 present (valued roughly at 15-50 credits). PRESENTS shows you commands for view each tier's percent list.
    What was 'retired' was the comms only at presents beyond standard. (and I guess the old artifact chance list that only had a handful of selected artifacts being replaced with any artifact from the ashop in the tier's value and the Ultimate did lose a few auction artifacts)
  • Your attack passes through the shield of a huge mystic jackalope, the protective sphere dissolving
    into thin air.
    ***YOU PIETY WHIPPED a huge mystic jackalope***
    You have scored a CRITICAL hit!
    A gilded cage draws in the wasted energy of your assault.
    The final blow proves too much for a huge mystic jackalope, who expires, pitifully.
    You have slain a huge mystic jackalope.
    A small quantity of sovereigns spills from the corpse.
    You collect 4 aethergoop!
    A Czigany coin tumbles out of the corpse of a huge mystic jackalope.

You grasp the edge of the Wheel of Tzaraziko before giving it a heavy push, sending it spinning.
    Slow at first, the wheel begins to spin faster and faster, the air about it warping in a wild array 
    of colours as it becomes impossible to watch.
    12250h, 13567m, 9800e, 10p exk-
    Your coin vanishes in a puff of multicoloured smoke.
    The Wheel of Tzaraziko crackles with a brilliant display of colours, rewarding you with a divinely
    wrapped present.

+=======+
                         * * * * * *| BOOM! |* * * * * *
                                    +=======+
    The shimmering form of Tzaraziko, an echo from the past, rises up over Avechna's Peak and proclaims
    Versalean to be blessed by the Wheel.
    You have been rewarded with 50 bound credits.

You quickly unwrap a divinely wrapped present, which sprays glittering silver dust and cheerful
    confetti into the air, and grin enormously upon receiving 892 Aethergoop and a group of 24 stalks of 
    faeleaf.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    :| I don't even know if I won or not anymore :|
  • DysDys
    edited December 2018
    900 goop is nearly enough for a curio of curios, which is pretty rocking if you're missing a genie spout.

Beats a small silver cookie.
  • Dys said:
    900 goop is nearly enough for a curio of curios, which is pretty rocking if you're missing a genie spout.

Beats a small silver cookie.
    Technically, if you're the kind to get them regularly all coins are worth a bit under 1 credit (as they add to the wheel spin counter). It kinda sucks that coins seem valued at 5 credits (see wonder corn rewards) which in case means they're losses on average.