Lack of Raves VI: Rave Today, Tweet Tomorrow

Comments

• edited June 2019

Vatul said:
    Gurashi said:
    **Rave for @Vatul, the only other person I ever see using the RPWHO feature *raises fist in solidarity* 
    Come play with me, @Gurashi. I promise I won’t poison you! 

I log into it each time, and have it set as something I do before my defenses. Sadly no one takes me up on it. 

Use RPWHO more people!
    I keep forgetting that I have to set it on for every login. I've used it a few times, but more often I just forget it exists.
    I find RPWHO is this strange limbo that it feels odd to use it or to approach people listed on. The game is suppose to always be IC and less planned RP. But RPWHO is for something 'Hey, let's rp about X', which seems to go against the nature of the always-IC viewpoint. What am I suppose to do when I seek someone out for RP? what are we suppose to RP about? Both of these questions I just feel a bit awkward doing.
  • I always see you Vatul but never have a reason IG to reach out *laugh* So I just longingly look across the  gap between Mag n Glom going "y tho" XD

Alexandria .... I'm going to set it as part of my defup script now! And if I hadn't made my stupid jingle the mahnamana song I would've advocated for the RPWHO feature. C'est la vie. 

Also there's nothing to be scared of Daraius! It literally just means that you wanna RP with people as far as I understand it, it isn't like a hitman's crosshairs :> Fear not!! 
    ‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

• I'm mostly just scared that I'm not very good at it. 
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • Aww! I've spoken IG with you Coraline and you're very descriptive even with only your words so I'm sure you're a great RPer! Roleplay is nothing to be afraid of! We're all nerds together here! It's all in good fun and can be as silly or as serious as you want it. At least, when you RP with me, I'm not going to judge anyone! Everyone's got a different style <3 Just go with it. RPWHO ON 24/7 bb. 
    ‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    No associated quest, just an honor for executing a tough kill? Pretty cool!
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Daraius said:
    They added lines for this cloier and for the astral beast too.
  • edited July 2019
    Jolanthe said:
    She has met a gaseous cloier in the Caverns of Muhanlesh and slain it against all odds.

Oh hey, I didn't know there was an honours line for that.

Yesss avenge me!!
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • There's a couple quests hanging out with the cloier, one with an honors line and I think one without, but also it's an smob and requires a full contingent to take down so it gets an honors. Credits, too, so between that and scaling down how much it hurts with more people, it's good to drag everyone into it.
  • Coraline said:
    I'm mostly just scared that I'm not very good at it. 
    I really enjoyed that one random interaction we had. Coraline is expressive and energetic.  Go ahead and get on rpwho.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Daraius said:
    It's cool until you're doing the Undervault epic and someone accidentally snipes Cthogglogg or Zenobia from you and get the honours you needed to finish up :(

• Ayisdra said:

Vatul said:
    Gurashi said:
    **Rave for @Vatul, the only other person I ever see using the RPWHO feature *raises fist in solidarity* 
    Come play with me, @Gurashi. I promise I won’t poison you! 

I log into it each time, and have it set as something I do before my defenses. Sadly no one takes me up on it. 

Use RPWHO more people!
    I keep forgetting that I have to set it on for every login. I've used it a few times, but more often I just forget it exists.
    I find RPWHO is this strange limbo that it feels odd to use it or to approach people listed on. The game is suppose to always be IC and less planned RP. But RPWHO is for something 'Hey, let's rp about X', which seems to go against the nature of the always-IC viewpoint. What am I suppose to do when I seek someone out for RP? what are we suppose to RP about? Both of these questions I just feel a bit awkward doing.
    Honestly, I personally see it as more of a "come at me, I'll roll with it" kinda deal, whereas a lot of the time, especially from different orgs, people aren't willing/interested to try.

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• Whenever I look at RPWHO, I feel excited for a few moments when I see someone listed before realising that I have no IC reason to talk to these people and, in some cases, many reasons not to.
  • Rpwho seems like a strange feature in a mud honestly. Are we not... Always playing a role.....
  • I think a gem of cloaking takes you off Rpwho too, and of course everyone has one of those.

So it is remembering to turn that off too
  • Kistan said:
    I think a gem of cloaking takes you off Rpwho too, and of course everyone has one of those.

So it is remembering to turn that off too
    That sounds like a bug and not a feature.
    Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • I think it is probably best that it is off. You would not want people using rpwho to find you were about
  • If you're open to rp fron people outside your org, I'm pretty sure you want people to know that you're about.
    Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • Synl said:
    Rpwho seems like a strange feature in a mud honestly. Are we not... Always playing a role.....
    Maybe you are, I am skeptical that everyone is.

Rpwho would be about the worst way to find someone who had a cloaking gem. If I'm on it, I'd want people who were interested in rp to be able to find me, but not necessary everyone else. 
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • Choros said:
    If you're open to rp fron people outside your org, I'm pretty sure you want people to know that you're about.
    What if jumping and killing you is their rp?
  • Props to @Alexandria for being on the RPWHO list right now wooooo my dude

• Gurashi said:
    Props to @Alexandria for being on the RPWHO list right now wooooo my dude
    What's funny is I'm actually in super serious RP right now, but I would totally roll with it anyway.

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• edited June 2019
    Gurashi said:
    I always see you Vatul but never have a reason IG to reach out *laugh* So I just longingly look across the  gap between Mag n Glom going "y tho" XD

Alexandria .... I'm going to set it as part of my defup script now! And if I hadn't made my stupid jingle the mahnamana song I would've advocated for the RPWHO feature. C'est la vie. 

Also there's nothing to be scared of Daraius! It literally just means that you wanna RP with people as far as I understand it, it isn't like a hitman's crosshairs :> Fear not!! 
    Conflict doesn’t have to be PK. And conflict RP doesn’t have to set you on edge.There’s something plenty interesting about a kephera trying to approach a viscanti who believes #allbadbugs.  It could be whatever you want. And like Alexandria said, I want that challenge to roll with something legitimate. I kept it on and I got to RP with @Trahey and I’m always wondering when I’m going to see him next. 

Edit: P.S. I welcome all RP as long as it’s an interaction you want and I’ll talk about any extremes. Any plotting or pre-talks about how to play things out are what I live for. Got an idea? Let’s do it!
    The cool night-time breeze shivers in the arid caress of the streets of the capital city, brushing the earthen taste of dust across your lips.
    A blessed silence falls upon the city for the moment, most activity confined to the towers and the
    theatre due to the snowy weather.
    Pinprick points of light twinkle in the deep black overhead, their brightness full of a cold,
    hungering malice.
  • Synl said:
    Rpwho seems like a strange feature in a mud honestly. Are we not... Always playing a role.....
    While we may be always be playing a role. We may not know if people are comfortable with having emotes thrown at them at constant. RPWHO shows some of those people who aren’t shy to get some curve balls. 

The shy people should try it too. Maybe it’ll become a more popular feature with your help! 
    The cool night-time breeze shivers in the arid caress of the streets of the capital city, brushing the earthen taste of dust across your lips.
    A blessed silence falls upon the city for the moment, most activity confined to the towers and the
    Pinprick points of light twinkle in the deep black overhead, their brightness full of a cold,
    hungering malice.
  • Nelras said:
    Whenever I look at RPWHO, I feel excited for a few moments when I see someone listed before realising that I have no IC reason to talk to these people and, in some cases, many reasons not to.
    Just because Vatul has been married to your former skullboi family doesn’t mean you aren’t welcome to poke me. If you ever feel inclined, I’d be interested. 
    hungering malice.
  • I, too, am willing to roleplay with any Glomdorian bugs or excessively moral Hallifaxians. Or Viscanti citymates.
  • Nyana said:
    I, too, am willing to roleplay with any Glomdorian bugs or excessively moral Hallifaxians. Or Viscanti citymates.
    I’ve been really enjoying hanging with you. 
    hungering malice.
  • If you see me standing in Magnagora it’s not because I’m afk, feel free to approach me! I have trouble navigating the city so I tend to stay in one little area and read lore while I check rpwho and my farscout allies list. I’m very much open to playing with anyone in the game even if we are “enemies”
  • Honestly I spend most of my free-time in Glom. If you see me on the RPWHO list just send me a tell and I'll "casually" find my way out of the commune *laugh* I really feel the same way tho. Hit me up fam! You guys all seem really nice people (barring all IC differences!) <3

• If you see me standing in Magnagora it’s not because I’m afk, feel free to approach me! I have trouble navigating the city so I tend to stay in one little area and read lore while I check rpwho and my farscout allies list. I’m very much open to playing with anyone in the game even if we are “enemies”
    Also ahh I feel like such a -butt- for the whole rose thing btw. I didn't mean to come off as so rude to you IC, I should have said something in a tell >A<!! I the player don't care if you take a rose haha!