Artifact Ideas

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    You can CLOTHES HIDE any worn artifact, in case you didn't know.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • some kind of boots that keep you from falling into gravedigger/ice pits unless you HOP on them.
  • edited December 2019
    Could we please have some sort of rune, which when attached to an item removes it from the clothing layering system (so it can be worn with anything, the way most artifacts behave), or maybe have the rune of hiding do that as well?
  • Also I'd really like to see a one-use artifact which destroys an item and returns all attached runes to your inventory, or for the big pliers of clangoru to be made so that other people can borrow/use them. Or for infini-last pliers to made made considerably cheaper.
  • Gurashi said:
    Customizable tonguestud. You can have your regular talking accent, but with brainwaves! 
    Yes please!!! I would buy this for sure!
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
  • Something which lets you channel power from your personal reserves back into an astral node, with a heavy insanity cost.
    An artifact to remove balance cost on using pathways. :#
    I used to make cakes.

• An Everflowing Cauldron of Shadows 

En Endless Pot of Hexen Ink
  • Daraius said:
    An artifact to remove balance cost on using pathways. :#
    I feel like either an upgrade to the boots OR if you already have the pathways ability, then the boots should let you use them without balance.

• Xenthos said:
    Feoragan said:

This exists.  It's called a quill.  It works for any magicink usage, I think.

The description says it's limited to bookbinders, idk.
  • edited December 2019
    Feoragan said:
    Xenthos said:
    Feoragan said:

It is definitely not. I use it for enchantment etchings and other stuff.

You have severed all connections between glowing ink and an overcast vial of churning storms.
    9800|100% 9300|100% 9800|100% 7 0|0|0 Bex [none]etch hexangle on staff
    Taking some magic ink, you begin to carefully etch a hexangle into the surface of a delicate crystal staff.
    9800|100% 9300|100% 9800|100% 7 0|0|0 Be_ [none]
    Upon the surface of a delicate crystal staff, you finish etching an arcane hexangle rune that momentarily flares with a blazing scarlet fire.

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• Feoragan said:
    Xenthos said:
    Feoragan said:

It is definitely not. I use it for enchantment etchings and other stuff.

You have severed all connections between glowing ink and an overcast vial of churning storms.
    Taking some magic ink, you begin to carefully etch a hexangle into the surface of a delicate crystal staff.
    Upon the surface of a delicate crystal staff, you finish etching an arcane hexangle rune that momentarily flares with a blazing scarlet fire.

Awesome!
    Bookbinding confirmed best trade yet again.  :D
    I used to make cakes.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord

I don't even have magicink linked to a vial at all, just to make sure it never tries to consume any.
  • Xenthos said:

I don't even have magicink linked to a vial at all, just to make sure it never tries to consume any.
    I bought it before I bought the quill, so it doesn't really bother me if it gets used or not.

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• An artifact that, when worn, allows the wearer to understand (but not speak) all spoken languages.
  • Kai said:
    An artifact that, when worn, allows the wearer to understand (but not speak) all spoken languages.

a stuffed inner worm of patchwork scalps
  • An artifact (and accompanying config) that alerts you when an item is sold in a shop you own.
  • Maeko said:
    An artifact (and accompanying config) that alerts you when an item is sold in a shop you own.
    I am super nosy and love to keep track of every sale, even when my shop is busy. >.>

• Would be nice to have some 'magic' orientated gnomeweapons that aren't mechanical looking for those of us that aren't much into clockwork.

Also how about 'a grain of dream sand' that lets normal non-dreamweavers slip to Nirvana?
  • Auriella said:
    Also how about 'a grain of dream sand' that lets normal non-dreamweavers slip to Nirvana?
    Originally, DreamJack was suppose to be the way in for non-dreamweavers (dreamweaver takes you to Nirvana and then can wake, leaving you in Nirvana), but because it was decided to have a timer on the DreamJack that autowakes, you can't stay more than 10 mins.
  • An artifact that revives the corpse you accidentally killed, the bashing version of the jar of lirangshan mist.  :/
  • Sapphira said:
    An artifact that revives the corpse you accidentally killed, the bashing version of the jar of lirangshan mist.  :/
    I feel like this would best be accomplished as a fancy legal document you submit to Atropos to create an argument among the Fates a la praying for salvation.
  • A one time use version of pliers that lets you remove every rune from a single item instead of just a single rune please.
  • A rune that can be attached to a journal or book to make it reset to you, and increase the maximum number of pages.
  • edited January 2020
    I know I already IDEA'd this, but an artifact easel (or a rune equivalent, like the aethergoop vials vs the vial rune). A never-decaying easel, basically.

pronouns: they/them