Artifact Ideas

Comments

• Ayisdra said:
    Mirror Shard/Mirror of the Fates - Works exactly like (and priced the same) the changeling cameo/intaglio expect it doesn't mark you as being a changeling (for those who don't want to be a shapeshifter, sorta like an infinite use dagger that doesn't require going to the portal of fates.).
    Cameo doesn't show you as a changeling if you don't wear it.

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• Ayisdra said:
    Mirror Shard/Mirror of the Fates - Works exactly like (and priced the same) the changeling cameo/intaglio expect it doesn't mark you as being a changeling (for those who don't want to be a shapeshifter, sorta like an infinite use dagger that doesn't require going to the portal of fates.).

Right, but you are still a changeling by just having the artifact, no? The Ashop listing describes it has it makes you a changeling whether or not you are showing it to the world.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited May 2020
    Random late-night idea, dunno how well this would go down, but I think it would be popular with multi/omnitrade players.

Gnomish omni-bench (??? credits, given that manse miniatures cost around 500cr?)
    SETUP BENCH (tradeskill) (time) in any indoor room to utilise for a single tradeskill for the set time (so SETUP BENCH TAILORING 60 would set up a tailoring bench for 60 minutes, or 1 lusternian day, or SETUP BENCH TATTOOING 10 would set up a tattooing bench for 10 minutes.)
    Can not be 'deconstructed' or changed after being set up until it times out and returns to the owner's inventory.
    Is immune to ARTIFACT RESET command to prevent abuse.
    Can only be SETUP by the owner, but can be utilised by other tradespeople of the appropriate tradeskill
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Kagato said:
    Random late-night idea, dunno how well this would go down, but I think it would be popular with multi/omnitrade players.

Gnomish omni-bench (1000-1500 credits, given that manse miniatures cost around 500cr?)
    I can tell you that the admin won't release something this cheap. There are minis for: Enchantment, Jewellery, Tailoring, Alchemy, Bookbinding, Cooking, Forging, and Tattoos. That is 4000 credits. At best, we probably see a small discount to maybe 3750.

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Ayisdra said:
    Kagato said:

Gnomish omni-bench (1000-1500 credits, given that manse miniatures cost around 500cr?)
    I can tell you that the admin won't release something this cheap. There are minis for: Enchantment, Jewellery, Tailoring, Alchemy, Bookbinding, Cooking, Forging, and Tattoos. That is 4000 credits. At best, we probably see a small discount to maybe 3750.

Like I said, it was a 'late-night' idea - something I thought of in bed at like 11.30 at night. I realise that the figure would probably be drastically more expensive :)
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • An artifact that replaces all insanity generated lines with a single, standard line (something like, 'For a moment, your mind plays tricks on you as you realize what is really there.')
  • Please an omni-runestone artifact that acts like the obsidian runestone but is simultaneously tuned to all runes. It is seriously tedious to carve runestones and hunt for the right tints or comms.
  • Uzriel said:
    Please an omni-runestone artifact that acts like the obsidian runestone but is simultaneously tuned to all runes. It is seriously tedious to carve runestones and hunt for the right tints or comms.

While I would love for something similar than having to buy ~20 obsidian stones - you could just take a day or two and carve 1000 (max on runerift) of each runestone and never have to worry about it for a while.
  • Ayisdra said:
    Uzriel said:
    Please an omni-runestone artifact that acts like the obsidian runestone but is simultaneously tuned to all runes. It is seriously tedious to carve runestones and hunt for the right tints or comms.

While I would love for something similar than having to buy ~20 obsidian stones - you could just take a day or two and carve 1000 (max on runerift) of each runestone and never have to worry about it for a while.
    The same could be said about numerous other artifacts of convenience, doesn't mean people don't buy them if they are reasonably priced.
  • Not a new artifact, but a change that would be most welcome. Currently if you make a manse room an outdoor room (ASHOP 536) you can no longer build furniture there. Can we have a way to override the inability to build furniture in outdoor MANSE rooms specifically so that we don't also end up with other unintended places? Current workaround is building all the furniture you want first, then applying the billowing winds.
  • Toshiko said:
    Not a new artifact, but a change that would be most welcome. Currently if you make a manse room an outdoor room (ASHOP 536) you can no longer build furniture there. Can we have a way to override the inability to build furniture in outdoor MANSE rooms specifically so that we don't also end up with other unintended places? Current workaround is building all the furniture you want first, then applying the billowing winds.
    Hmm... I was able to build furniture in my outdoor manse rooms. Picnic benches, tables, hammocks and the like.
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Coraline said:
    Toshiko said:
    Not a new artifact, but a change that would be most welcome. Currently if you make a manse room an outdoor room (ASHOP 536) you can no longer build furniture there. Can we have a way to override the inability to build furniture in outdoor MANSE rooms specifically so that we don't also end up with other unintended places? Current workaround is building all the furniture you want first, then applying the billowing winds.
    Hmm... I was able to build furniture in my outdoor manse rooms. Picnic benches, tables, hammocks and the like.

Furniture is flagged as indoors or outdoors.  You cannot build indoor furniture in outdoor rooms.  It's one of the design flags.  Toshiko basically wants to be able to put indoor furniture in rooms after applying the billowing winds instead of having to do it before.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Ayisdra said:
    You can just changeling to your race and then remove the cameo/intaglio.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • IIRC you can also use the cameo without wearing it, it just has to be in your inventory. I'd assume the same is true for the intaglio.
  • Shaddus said:
    Ayisdra said:
    You can just changeling to your race and then remove the cameo/intaglio.

Jolanthe said:
    IIRC you can also use the cameo without wearing it, it just has to be in your inventory. I'd assume the same is true for the intaglio.

Right, but the whole point of my idea is to NOT be of the changeling race. Even if 'you can't tell them from the real deal', they are still fakers.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Ayisdra said:
    Ayisdra said:

Right, but you are still a changeling by just having the artifact, no? The Ashop listing describes it has it makes you a changeling whether or not you are showing it to the world.
    It's my understanding that wearing it makes you a changeling, removing it leaves you as just that one race. 

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited May 2020
    Ledger for aethergnome ship wares. It would be nice to have it give an aethermap vision (SHIP LOOK with Farhorizon on?) as well, to give you at least an idea of where they are.
    Wasn't there a notepad artifact that you could tear off a scrap of paper and give it to someone with text written on it?  Was that an auction-only-artifact?  I'm not seeing it in the ashop.  If I'm not overlooking it, adding it to the ashop might be nice!
  • edited May 2020
    Are you referring to this?

ab bookbinding notepad
    BOOKBINDING - NOTEPAD

Syntax: BOOKBIND <design number> for <person|SALE>

Notepads are small 10 page books that can have small notes written to
    them with the syntax WRITE NOTE [ON <notepad>] [ON PAGE <page>] <text>
    without a desk, or normally. One can then TEAR SHEET <page> FROM
    <notepad> to receive that page to give to others.

Also see BOOKBINDINGS NOTEPAD.
    Avatar created by the amazing Feyrll.
    Irillia said:

ab bookbinding notepad
    BOOKBINDING - NOTEPAD

That is exactly what I am referring to!  Thank you.  Do they run out of pages for tearing-off-purposes?  That ab makes it sound like they only allow for 10.
  • edited May 2020
    Xenthos said:
    Irillia said:

ab bookbinding notepad
    BOOKBINDING - NOTEPAD

That is exactly what I am referring to!  Thank you.  Do they run out of pages for tearing-off-purposes?  That ab makes it sound like they only allow for 10.
    Yes, ten pages per notepad. They're quite cheap to make if you will need more pages.

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• A Gnomish Bank Card
    • Let's you deposit and withdraw gold to your personal account for your current org from anywhere
    • Let's you deposit gold / credits to your org's account from anywhere
  • A fleshy venom pouch: 200 credits

Attach this to any (collared?) beast. Beast gains the ability to spit poison if it has not already learned the skill, and does not cost trains for the ability. Allows the owner to BEAST ORDER SPIT @TARGET "POISON", which must be in your liquid rift and linked to a container, or in a container itself
    Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • Parhelion said:
    A fleshy venom pouch: 200 credits

Attach this to any (collared?) beast. Beast gains the ability to spit poison if it has not already learned the skill, and does not cost trains for the ability. Allows the owner to BEAST ORDER SPIT @TARGET "POISON", which must be in your liquid rift and linked to a container, or in a container itself
    This would significantly buff monks, and also somewhat runist mages.

They would get any poison on demand without having to empty the venom sacks in between, making it basically 3x poison combos every 9s for monks, and it no effort to always spit exactly the right poison for deathprophesy.

As things stand you have to make some decision for which poison you want to run on your beast since it's 18s balance to empty sacks/refill.

Do monks need a buff?
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • A manse artifact that lets you set room exits only at certain elevations.
  • An artifact to replicate nature guard or at least prevent harvesting below 10 plants.
  • Allow a cube to take multiple cube runes, allowing them to stack.
    Allow power shells to be upgraded past the lv3 mark.
  • Ethereal Soil - Use in a manse to set the room up so that it can sustain a fae flower permanently.

Basically would just let you plant the quest fae in the room and stop their decay,  you still need to do the quests to get them just not have to repeat it ig yearly to keep them
  • Pretty please release a bird gnomeweapon with laser eyes and stabby beak?

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)