Lusternian AMA

1222324252628»

Comments

• ChundaeChundae Member Posts: 5 Novice
    1. What flower do you associate with your character?
    2. If your character could give advice to their younger self, what would they say?
    3. What "impossible" dream does your character have?
    4. What is your character's favorite place in Lusternia?
    5. Describe who your character is in one sentence. No cheating with semicolons!

1. Violets! I associated them with her even before discovering candied violets in Crumkane's divine realm, but it was a happy coincidence. 
      2. Do not be afraid to reach out to people. There are kind people everywhere.
      3. Hmmmm. Maybe becoming an bearer of the Beauty seal? Or something? I don't know! Chundae isn't really one for "goals", hehehe.
      4. Aaaaaaah! Many favorites. The swamp with the willows in Crumkane's realm, the apiaries in Gaudiguch, the garden in Mount Zoaka. 
      5. A ditzy but earnest furrikin who wants everyone to be happy!
  • LantraLantra Member, Moderator, Gods Posts: 82 Divine
    Back with more AMA questions!
    1. What is the best gift your character has received, and why?
    2. What makes your character the villain in someone else's story?  >:)
    3. If your character was listed on TV Tropes, which entries would they be listed under?
    Avatar by Sam Smith. You can follow her on Twitter here.
  • EseiEsei somewhere, most likelyMember Posts: 202 Fabled
    Lantra said:
    3. If your character was listed on TV Tropes, which entries would they be listed under?

1. Two answers: a mischievous dark fae dagger designed by Regat, and the wedding armband Esei wears 9 times out of 10 designed by Ethna. First one is because Regat was the first person who saw Esei as a person worth knowing and caring for (at least from Esei's perspective), and because Regat was one of the first people Esei actually called a friend; this dagger now serves as Regat's gravestone in Esei's manse after he retired. The armband because it's an awesome design and, of course, the one Ethna gave to them at their wedding.
    2. Usually one of two ways: by being the complete antithesis of everything another character stands for whether its through their actions or just their allegiance to the Wyrd, or by being the worst nuisance possible. Sometimes both at the same time!
    3. There's probably more but the ones I've noticed on TV Tropes: Shadow Archetype, Soft-Spoken Sadist, Trauma Congaline (they don't want to talk about it...), Troll, Used To Be A Sweet Kid, Beware The Quiet Ones, Beyond Redemption (played straight pretty much everywhere but Glomdoring, especially re: Light), and maybe a combo of Villains Blend In Better and Villains Act, Heroes React. At least, that's what I think; sometimes it's hard to take into account the difference of what I want Esei to be like and what they actually act like.
    my links!
    profile picture drawn by Gurashi
  • UzrielUzriel Member Posts: 242 Fabled
    Lantra said:
    1. Lavinya sent me a Luciphage doll at a time when they were -impossible- to find, pretty sure they weren't showing up in doll packages so only old ones were around.
    2. Let's see. Uzriel is a Magnagoran, Necromancer, mad scientist, Drocillian, Bloodtide Coven member, etc. Nope, I can't think of any reason. If anybody considers him a villain it's them not me.
    3. I don't really want to spend an afternoon diving into TV Tropes, so I will just say plenty I'm sure.
  • SaranSaran Member Posts: 2,430 Transcendent
    edited September 12
    Lantra said:
    1. I still really like Saran's Ae epithet from Elcryion (kept it up for like 16 years) even if no one else actually knows what it means.
    2. The certain faith that Serenwilde is right and all the other nations are wrong. I don't think it's even really much of a secret that Saran would quite happily see every other nation in the basin destroyed because in his ideal world there are only Seren-like nature communes living in harmony with the different natural spaces they call home.
    3. Maybe Blue-and-Orange Morality along with the belief he'd be The Extremist was Right/Well-Intentioned ExtremistNature Hero where Nature is not Nice who would actively work towards bringing about Gaia's Vengeance Proper and kinda thinks the ultimate goal for mortals should be to find a path to become a Nature Spirit either in the footsteps of the Ancestors or Glinshari.
    Post edited by Saran on