Simple Ideas

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Riftable vellum would be so awesome.
  • Riftable corpses so next time someone esteem-bombs me I can pull out 25,000 corpses and offer them all. :D
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    I cannot agree with that post a thousand times BUT I DO ANYWAY.
  • I think that's intended to lessen the likelihood of them being used as faux-illusions. Personally, though, I wouldn't mind seeing that being fixed somehow though.
    edited October 2013
    It only actually does so if you target emote. But it's still ugly and clunky and needs to go away ^^;;
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Maybe if we work really hard to get illusions deleted from lusternia 2.0, we can have nice things like that >: ] (-campaign-)

Here's a tiny idea. How about being able to do BEAST INFO <name of beast> to check the beast info of a stabled beast?
  • Enyalida said:
    Emoting should be linked to the masochism timer, so you can't do it in the middle of combat. Bam, problem fixed, can we upgrade emoting now?
    Sold!
    I'll take two.
    Is also the Shintar.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    An entire skillset was released based around the idea of using emotes to generate illusions, and they also give actual afflictions. The 'emotes used for illusions' boat has sailed anyways!
  • Enyalida said:
    Emoting should be linked to the masochism timer, so you can't do it in the middle of combat. Bam, problem fixed, can we upgrade emoting now?
    I thought about that myself, but then I realised how much it would impact certain RP avenues. For instance, if there's a ritual that involves actually hitting people (which is a pretty common thing in various Glom rituals).
    That sounds like a pretty niche setback for what would ultimately be a great change. Ask about getting a special rituals room that ignores the masochism timer? Use your enhanced ability to emote to emote hitting them instead of actually doing it?
  • Hard to emote out actually killing someone though...
  • Enyalida said:

No! Do not do this! Please!

*beg*

There are waaaaaaayyyyyy too many times that, during important rituals, I lose masochism. This would be terrible for anyone who RPs with their skills!

Recent example: Tacita deathsonging me during RP. Not some recent example: Mork's ascension, where ALL THE NIGHTGAZES.
    edited October 2013
    Ignoring the 'killing people' RP - which whilst some may find it frequent is not, as mentioned, the case for everyone - I do use abilities that break masochism reasonably frequently as RP tools. It would be sad to see this made irritating, I always like it when people integrate abilities into RP.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Enyalida said:
    That sounds like a pretty niche setback for what would ultimately be a great change. Ask about getting a special rituals room that ignores the masochism timer? Use your enhanced ability to emote to emote hitting them instead of actually doing it?
    Let's not take away the freedom to perform rituals wherever one sees fit.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Obviously Glomdoring needs to quit having such masochistic rituals.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • One assumes they always end in an orgy.
  • Ardmore said:
    One assumes they always end in an orgy.
    That's Gaudiguch

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Pretty sure they have a warm pillow-filled pit. :|
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • KioKio
    edited October 2013
    Rancoura said:

Enyalida said:

Let's not take away the freedom to perform rituals wherever one sees fit.

Sometimes I wonder if people realize rituals are not always three-hour events with a script that's been handed to everyone that someone spent two weeks writing.

I think if more people did quick, on-the-fly rituals, they would start feeling less like a chore and more like fun. The examples that come to mind are the rituals Kio performed to promote people to protector/security or the one for his protege when she swore her Oath to the Coven. I had a rough idea, then just made it up as I went.

/end derail
    Well, some other idea to curb the reticence to upgrading emotes, which seems to be based around the fear that people will be using enhanced emoting power to make combat illusions, would be good! The masochism timer is just the easiest, because it's already a pre-existing idea used for things like debating.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    99% of my rituals/sermons are done on the fly. >_>

Enyalida said:
    Well, some other idea to curb the reticence to upgrading emotes, which seems to be based around the fear that people will be using enhanced emoting power to make combat illusions, would be good! The masochism timer is just the easiest, because it's already a pre-existing idea used for things like debating.
    Some thoughts on this:

1. Isn't this one of the reasons emotes have a balance cost? What if it was lengthened to something viable for RP but not combat?

2. The fact that titles only apply on targeted emotes means that you could still use them as (hugely clumsy) illusions anyway, just by putting 'you' - you would admittedly 'get' everyone in the room bar yourself, but it's not impossible as it stands.
  • The EQ time is really all it takes, and it doesn't need to be raised, either. Emotes aren't used in combat. They just -aren't-. Like Taci mentioned, there are ways to get around the title in targeted emotes already.

Oh, and isn't emoting for combat purposes issuable, or am I thinking of somewhere else?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Pretty sure you will find (if you ask a person to observe) that any emote entered with EMOTE has your title in it. Does not mean that you could not remove/add them back while emoting, but I imagine that would earn punishment much like a certain person using that tactic for custom shout lines did.
    Xenthos said:
    Pretty sure you will find (if you ask a person to observe) that any emote entered with EMOTE has your title in it. Does not mean that you could not remove/add them back while emoting, but I imagine that would earn punishment much like a certain person using that tactic for custom shout lines did.
    I tested it, and the only one I saw it on was targeted emotes. It's very possible that it's actually that your title is only visible to you if you use targeted emotes, and is actually there the whole time...will test again.
  • Tacita said:

Xenthos said:

I tested it, and the only one I saw it on was targeted emotes. It's very possible that it's actually that your title is only visible to you if you use targeted emotes, and is actually there the whole time...will test again.

Just look at RP logs, Taci.
    edited October 2013
    Yeah so it turns out it's even weirder! And I was a bit wrong, sorry. Here's what actually happens as far as I can tell:

If you EMOTE without using targeted emotes (e.g. ^Kio) then you do not SEE your title but it is still there to others.

If you EMOTE using targeted emotes then you see your title and it is there to others.

Even still, I think it's hideous and should go away. My point/suggestion about the balance cost remains :)