Simple Ideas

Comments

• Please change LIBRARY AUDIT PUBLISHING so that it will also show books from the library where you're doing that command.
  • Can villages purchase commodities again? At a set price that is lower than the usual selling price.

Also, can there be a npc who buys trash off people? He would give a gold return depending on how many commodities were used, and how much time is remaining on the object, maybe also selling at a higher price things that were sold to him to interested players.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    We don't really need more ways for people to make lots of easy gold.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited November 2012
    Sakr said:
    Also, can there be a npc who buys trash off people?
    Come2Celest, we have that AND actual trash on the streets! :D

But yeah, agreed that such a thing is very much not needed. Gold is so easy-peasy to come by and pile up, even I could start hoarding if I really had the motivation. +1 for flavour, -5 for application.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • I get a lot of flowers as presents, and Fay doesn't really know what to do with them (she was finally told to wear them but she still doesn't get it). I propose that they be edible.

• Make a recipe that uses lots of flowers!
    If it's broken, break it some more.
    Can MESSAGES SENT <player> (something that absentminded people like me are helpless without) also work as just MESSAGES SENT with no person specified, showing the past 10 or so messages sent to anyone? 
  • Artisan item: Tube

Constructing a tube allows you to roll up tapestries in a tube, to sell at a shop. Players can probe the tube to see what tapestry design it is. UNFURL TUBE (direction) to put up a tapestry as normal.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Any chance we could give heartpierce a cool deathsight? I think now it shows the generic knighthood damage line.
  • Hi, when you gestalt show, can the gestalt say which group each of the things are in?

For example:
    Your gestalt comprises the following Ikons:
    1) Juliana the Evenhanded (Vernal)
    2) Tzaraziko the Enigmatic (Vernal)
    3) a Golden Duck (Eternal)
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    I would really like it if we were able to view details of our own designs in submission, even without being a member of the cartel they're submitted through. Just the basic DESIGN <#>, so I can see why my things are rejected without having to wait forever and a day for Trademaster X to read it off and -then- go about fixing it.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • I think someone asked for this already, but could we have a way to show someone else your ikon list?  It would make negotiating trades a lot easier.  Otherwise, it invariably becomes swapping links on pastebin.  It would be something along the lines of:

IKON SHARE <person> [INFO|GROUP <g>|TYPE <t>|QUALITY <q>|START <s>|<match string>]

and would just show them your ikon list.  If you're worried about people spamming walls of text, restrict it to people in the same room at a stage (which is where you need to be for psychodrama anyway).
  • Phudmog said:
    I think someone asked for this already, but could we have a way to show someone else your ikon list?  It would make negotiating trades a lot easier.  Otherwise, it invariably becomes swapping links on pastebin.  It would be something along the lines of:

IKON SHARE <person> [INFO|GROUP <g>|TYPE <t>|QUALITY <q>|START <s>|<match string>]

and would just show them your ikon list.  If you're worried about people spamming walls of text, restrict it to people in the same room at a stage (which is where you need to be for psychodrama anyway).
    Could always make it to where they have to IKON SHARE AGREE to see it.
  • edited December 2012

Iytha said:

Making one way exits is already possible! Here's how:

Go to Room_1.

MANSE CREATE EXIT NORTH Room_2

Go to Room_2

MANSE CREATE EXIT SOUTH Room_3

MANSE DESTROY EXIT SOUTH Room_3

You now have an exit north from Room_1 to Room_2, but no exit south from Room_2 to Room_1.

So it took me this long to remember to try this, but it really doesn't work at all unless you're missing some steps. If you try to make a new exit over a pre-existing one you get the "There is already an exit in that direction." message. So again I'll ask for it to be possible to make one-way entrances/exits in manse rooms.

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• Can the sewers exit to the sea? And can the vermin masters buy the crabs, eels, that you kill in the sewers as well?

and does Hallifax and Gaudiguch have sewers?
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Actually can we have the sewer system extend beyond the cities?

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    edited December 2012
    Hallifax doesn't have sewers cause it's a floating crystal city. Gaudiguch, I'm not sure about. It doesn't have sewers, but I don't know the reason aside from they never made any when it was released.

Maybe they just burn all their sewage?

Personally I'm convinced that Gaudiguch doesn't have sewers because there's no room for them under the city with the underground passages leftover from Alin'dor.  8->
  • Phoebus said:
    Personally I'm convinced that Gaudiguch doesn't have sewers because there's no room for them under the city with the underground passages leftover from Alin'dor.  8->
    How do you know Alin'dor was right in that same spot?

And even if it was, those passages probably ARE Gaudiguch's sewers...
  • No seriously though, Hallifax is full of pigeon-people. Where do you think their waste ends up? Some pithy ground-dweller sewers?

(Just be careful walking down the Emerald Road)
  • I always pictured them squatting over the edge.

Well, maybe not exactly _pictured_ them, but you get my point...
    edited December 2012
    Eventru said:
    Phoebus said:

---I HATE THESE QUOTES--- I don't think they stand in exactly the same place, I just think that they were close enough for the tunnel system to potentially exist somewhere down there! Shhh, let my nerdy dreams of finding them someday live on...secret passages are sooo cooool.
  • edited December 2012
    Phoebus said:
    Eventru said:
    Phoebus said:

---I HATE THESE QUOTES--- I don't think they stand in exactly the same place, I just think that they were close enough for the tunnel system to potentially exist somewhere down there! Shhh, let my nerdy dreams of finding them someday live on...secret passages are sooo cooool.

Who's to say they don't already exist, eh???

EVENTS NEWS #276:
    In time, it would become clear that the excavations were beneath the Pyramid of the Illuminati. What was revealed, however, was not spoken of. Questions remain: what use did the flesh go to? For what purpose did Dys Mzithrei meet with the Lord and Lady? And what lies beneath?
    Morshoth said:

• The worst thing about the lack of sewers in Hallifax is the lack of fast access to Muud. *sagenod*
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Hallifax has no need of sewers, as production of waste would be unseemly.

[Alternatively we just throw everything into the Matrix >.=.>]

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

What do you do with all the paper?

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    They eat it. Vegetarians, you know.
    Qistrel said:
    EVENTS NEWS #276:
    In time, it would become clear that the excavations were beneath the Pyramid of the Illuminati. What was revealed, however, was not spoken of. Questions remain: what use did the flesh go to? For what purpose did Dys Mzithrei meet with the Lord and Lady? And what lies beneath?
    Morshoth said:

Little do you know, that actually was my speculation on that post. Take that!
  • Qistrel said:
    What do you do with all the paper?
    Matrix. It is an omnipurpose filing cabinet

.oO---~---Oo.

NARF!