Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• Snubbing doesn't prevent CDF. As long as you have a valid reason beyond "They're ignoring me", I think it's fine to CDF.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Ssaliss said:
    Snubbing doesn't prevent CDF. As long as you have a valid reason beyond "They're ignoring me", I think it's fine to CDF.
    Not exactly the case, no. Not overly allowed to go into detail.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Paging @Crek for a spar... paging @Crek for a spar...  :(

• Munsia said:
    Ssaliss said:
    Snubbing doesn't prevent CDF. As long as you have a valid reason beyond "They're ignoring me", I think it's fine to CDF.
    Not exactly the case, no. Not overly allowed to go into detail.
    From http://forums.lusternia.com/discussion/410/snub/p1 (not snub vs. CDF, but snub vs. shops):

Eventru:

Snubbing does not absolve you of adhering to policies in a given organization.

That does not, however, give people a broad license to disfavour people for snubbing them, etc. In terms of punishment, the onus is on the leadership to avoid even the suggestion of being vindictive or retributive over being snubbed.

Raezon:

Snub should never be used as a means to evade IG consequences. Letting the city leader or your aides communicate any problems should be fine, so long as it's not 'forward this letter I wrote'. You are also free, generally, to exercise your duties as chancellor and retake or suspend the shop if they don't follow through with organizational rules. (I don't think this requires a custom message to them.) Just be sure that the admin won't be led to believe it is retaliatory in any way. If you want to be safe, you can let an aide or city leader do so as well. In any specific situation, though, you can issue me with your query if you want to be certain of no repercussions.

While not the exact same situation, I think the same reasoning can be applied.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    If you've a legitimate reason to CDF them, CDF them. They can't claim snub abuse if you keep it professional, because they're using OOC mechanics to circumvent IC repercussions (and roleplay.)

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• edited February 2014
    Yeah. I have Munsia snubbed because, to be frank, she annoys me quite a lot on an OOC level. I'm pretty sure she's aware of this, and I'm not asking her to change her behavior for my benefit. It's easier for me just to snub her and not deal with it. Saves a lot of stress and butting heads and the like.

I certainly did not throw up the snub just because I thought there might've been a CDF coming my way. She's been snubbed for a while now.

Edit: This comes off as sounding a lot more catty and venomous than it actually is. Not my intention!
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:
    "THE DEMON LORDS CAN NEVER TRULY BE KILLED - GREAT IS THEIR POWER."

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

• People ask me for things, I got to get said things, and come back and they already have said things. :( It's been one of these days today!

I am also a beacon for slivven. So. Many. Slivven.

On the plus side, I am now of the 91st circle, WOO!!
    Lesson of the day: Always look before you leap.

Especially when there's a pack of Leopards between you and your target.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited February 2014
    I've heard rumours of the leopard death pit. I've seen raiding parties decimated by careless steps. I wonder if it has to do with Lusternia's northeastern incline.

It's Hallifax's fault I tell you. @Isune clearly tricked @Shikari's Leopards during one of her visits to His campfire, north east and up, north east and up, etc etc.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Pretty much.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Morkarion said:
    Lesson of the day: Always look before you leap.

Especially when there's a pack of Leopards between you and your target.
    People die in this game every single day without fail. Am just curious why you felt the need to make a forums post about a single death, heh.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Because it's Tweets, and that's what we do, especially when we die in ways we didn't expect.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I remember when Mag got wiped after accidentally hitting Iriki. Then all the named mobs in god realms got nerfed.
    I remember when I made the mistake of petting Makfir (Fain's direwolf) and he ripped my hand off.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Lillie said:
    Yeah. I have Munsia snubbed because, to be frank, she annoys me quite a lot on an OOC level. I'm pretty sure she's aware of this, and I'm not asking her to change her behavior for my benefit. It's easier for me just to snub her and not deal with it. Saves a lot of stress and butting heads and the like.

I certainly did not throw up the snub just because I thought there might've been a CDF coming my way. She's been snubbed for a while now.

Edit: This comes off as sounding a lot more catty and venomous than it actually is. Not my intention!
    i don't conversate with you in an ooc level or even within the conversation. My issues with you are the issues of you on ct and it hasn't been that long, and if so that'd explain why yer getting a cdf soon and why I've been ignored on the subject >_>
    Munsia said:

Lillie said:

i don't conversate with you in an ooc level or even within the conversation. My issues with you are the issues of you on ct and it hasn't been that long, and if so that'd explain why yer getting a cdf soon and why I've been ignored on the subject >_>

I really haven't been paying attention to this until now. What did Lillie do on CT that warrants a cdf?

• Or, how'bout we keep stuff like this IC instead of having it all over the forums?
    Probably because I don't have any IC reason to care. I'm only interested oocly.
  • Chade takes a long drag off his pipe.
    (p) 6475h, 6338m, 7413e, 9p, 25050en, 26540w mBexkb-
    A powerful wave of fire explodes through the air around you. Catching on the chemicals 
    sweated into the air, the howling inferno builds and builds into a raging arson explosion, 
    one that races towards you in a gluttonous, howling mountain of churning fire.
    Caught beneath the onslaught of the mountainous wave of fire, your senses go numb entirely 
    as the hungering inferno rapidly begins to consume flesh and boil away the very blood in 
    your veins.
    (p) 389h, 6338m, 7413e, 9p, 25050en, 26540w mBexkbp-(-6086h, 94.0<span class="comment">%) </span>
    You are too stunned to be able to do anything.
    (p) 389h, 6338m, 7413e, 10p, 25070en, 26554w mBexkbp-<br><br>And you guys bitch about my damage? :p<br>
  • Also, this requires -very- little setup. It's totally based on mental affs which, let's face it, Gaudi can give -extremely- quickly and effectively.
  • Oh, forgot to mention, this was WITH guardian angel up. He quite simply insta'd me without it.
    Just walk out the room?

He also spent ten power and likely has Interference locked.

Just issue and say the damage is a bug. It worked when people complained about Morbo.
    Morbo's was because the non affliction related multiplier had one too many zeros though? This is more dropping all the afflictions on the target at the last second so there's no time to cure.

That does sound pretty likely. Maybe chembombs need to be a channeled effect.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited February 2014
    It should be impossible to hit you with a full power damage bomb. You have ample opportunity to... shield/reflect/avoid/walk out/somersault out/love potion/whatever to avoid it, or just cure the boosting affs.

EDIT: Also, dat typing. (And dat psionics,  played a huge part in that, I bet)
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited February 2014
    Most people don't run from chem bombs. But yes, most of the affs should be cleared by the time it climaxes -- when you mix the 10p bomb, you use all the fields that give the affs you need up, and you can't use the 3p skill that puts them all back up. The only way would be to have outside help, or another pyrochem with a perfectly ticking set of fields.

EDIT: I suppose you fancy demigods could use Refresh. ):<

This discussion has been closed.