Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    So Hell froze over today...

Even Kethuru showed up mid vows to witness it.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Maligorn said:
    8.2.3.5 THE NINJAKARI GUILD

[GUILD LEADERS]
                       Guildmaster: Vacant
               Guild Administrator: Vacant
                    Guild Champion: Rastamutti (The Sohei of the Quietus
                                    Innocence)
                     Divine Patron: Morgfyre, the Legion

I'd say this is more implodey though.
    Hiriako Myeras, Wyrden Sting (Male Tenebrous Demigod).

Got you beat.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    There are days when I wish Isune's tenets included murderous rampages and the slaying of idiots. This is one of those days.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Shaddus said:
    There are days when I wish Isune's tenets included murderous rampages and the slaying of idiots. This is one of those days.
    You can always do them the ultimate mercy.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Wow, no kidding on your former post. I need the deets, but won't pry.

• The GA before me went inactive, the one before that has also gone inactive, the one before HIM went to Glom.

<3
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Does Ninjakari even have an active GR3+ to take up GM or GA?  If I remember correctly the only way that someone can take it up if they are not GR3+ is if a divine chooses to appoint them to the role.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Define active. They have people, yes. Calling them active is debatable.

Kagato said:
    Does Ninjakari even have an active GR3+ to take up GM or GA?  If I remember correctly the only way that someone can take it up if they are not GR3+ is if a divine chooses to appoint them to the role.
    Okay, I'll just revive my Ninja alt and take over.... heh.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    God help us.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    You know...some of my characters like to fight, and some don't. But if you bring your enemied character into my org and when I generally just try to shoo you away and you tell me "you're looking for something", don't be surprised when I attack you, and don't be super surprised when you don't get avenger on me after I kill you.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Shaddus said:
    You know...some of my characters like to fight, and some don't. But if you bring your enemied character into my org and when I generally just try to shoo you away and you tell me "you're looking for something", don't be surprised when I attack you, and don't be super surprised when you don't get avenger on me after I kill you.
    I was looking for love Shaddy-poo :(
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    Neos said:
    Shaddus said:
    I was looking for love Shaddy-poo :(
    There's a thin line between love and death? Ergo... you were close.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Avenger is actually broken at the moment, turns out. Having status doesn't let you attack back at all, even outside enemy territory. Status isn't suppose to give you free reign to kill people, it's suppose protect you from getting killed over and over

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Yeah. I've also noticed instances where it instantly clears Avenger upon entering certain rooms. We all need to be bugging it with details as the last time I chatted with Roark about this, he was confident there -was- a bug, but we just never had enough information to pin down the actual cause.
    Synkarin said:
    Avenger is actually broken at the moment, turns out. Having status doesn't let you attack back at all, even outside enemy territory. Status isn't suppose to give you free reign to kill people, it's suppose protect you from getting killed over and over
    You mean if you declare someone, then attack them outside enemy territory? That IS iffy. As to the whole... attack someone in enemy territory, then chase them out thing... pretty sure that bit has worked that way for at least an year, and then some. I can't even begin to remember how many times I've had characters chased out of enemy territory by people and Avenger never moved a finger.

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I think the issue is whereas it's the same declare and they can still kill you without Avenger once you've left enemy territory, that it no longer clears avenger status.

Case in point, I go bashing Keph, someone comes along and attacks me, I kill them, I gain status. They return, attack again, I leave the area, they pursue and continue to attack. If they kill me they don't get status, that's fine it was my declare. But because I've left enemy territory and they've successfully defended, their status protection should drop, meaning I can defend myself in neutral territory. If they die, they regain status against me.

Personally I always hoped that anyone who defends drops status against you, and regains it if they die, and encourage prime raiding more. But I can see a lot of people complaining about that, depending on the state of the game at the time obviously, so it'll never happen.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

I can explain in more detail later, it's a lot to detail out on my phone

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Morkarion said:
    I think the issue is whereas it's the same declare and they can still kill you without Avenger once you've left enemy territory, that it no longer clears avenger status.

Case in point, I go bashing Keph, someone comes along and attacks me, I kill them, I gain status. They return, attack again, I leave the area, they pursue and continue to attack. If they kill me they don't get status, that's fine it was my declare. But because I've left enemy territory and they've successfully defended, their status protection should drop, meaning I can defend myself in neutral territory. If they die, they regain status against me.

Personally I always hoped that anyone who defends drops status against you, and regains it if they die, and encourage prime raiding more. But I can see a lot of people complaining about that, depending on the state of the game at the time obviously, so it'll never happen.
    I don't recall a time when it hasn't worked in that fashion, really. Which is why most times, if I get jumped in enemy territory, I'll just run out. Even if I kill someone, then there really is nothing I can do if they choose to attack me again at a later time/after phoenix. Bit annoying, but that's the way the cookie crumbles, I guess.

One possible bug is when someone runs out of enemy territory, even after being attacked, and the auto-declare automatically fading, when it shouldn't.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    Neos said:
    One possible bug is when someone runs out of enemy territory, even after being attacked, and the auto-declare automatically fading, when it shouldn't.
    Uh.... I think we're all trying to say that it not fading is what we feel is a bug. Not sure where you ran into auto-declare fading. It will, eventually, if your target hasn't been attacked for what... 2-3 minutes?

• No, he's right. This is the bug I have noticed a number of times. Had a few people notice it who spammed it just to troll/grief/bug abuse/whatever, so it's stuck firmly in my head.
    Elanorwen said:
    Neos said:
    Uh.... I think we're all trying to say that it not fading is what we feel is a bug. Not sure where you ran into auto-declare fading. It will, eventually, if your target hasn't been attacked for what... 2-3 minutes?
    I'm saying, the auto-declare fades once the person steps out of the territory they're enemied to, not 2-3 minutes later. I mean, get hit, step outside territory, declare fades.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited February 2014

What? That is not a bug, that's how declare works. There is a period after you declare, whether auto or not, that you are free game until the declaration fades. The alternative is people stepping in and out of enemy territory so you can't kill them.

Edit: If Sidd is talking about what I think he is, that's also a very old quirk of the Avenger system. Once you get status on a person, you can't hit them on prime ever. They have total immunity from you unless they declare you outside of enemy territory. If they are defending or you are in enemy territory, you can't touch the while they bash you in the face.

• This bug clears it -instantly- - i.e. Enter enemy territory, hit something, pyramid out and it clears, just like that.
  • Damn ninja, Neos. :\
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Me thinks you guys are talking about two totally different situations.
    Mork hit it right on.

If you have status, you can defend in enemy territory without losing status. once the person leaves enemy territory though, if you continue to attack them, you should lose status. This is obvious by the fact that were I to declare sometime outside enemy territory and they in turn hit me, they will lose status. It use to be that way, I don't know when it changed, I don't get status all that often.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
This discussion has been closed.