QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• edited February 2014
    Brujah's skull has been crushed by Brujah.

Who won?
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Ixion said:
    Brujah's skull has been crushed by Brujah.

Who won?
    Lusternia
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • The head of Sondayga has exploded.
    You see the death occur at backwards avenue. 

This is what I saw:

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    You see the following people here:
    Feyda, Feyda, Akyaevin, Feyda, Feyda, Feyda, Feyda, Feyda, Feyda, Feyda.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Elanorwen said:
    You see the following people here:
    Feyda, Feyda, Akyaevin, Feyda, Feyda, Feyda, Feyda, Feyda, Feyda, Feyda.
    SHE'S MULTIPLYING
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    And it looks like it's all Akyaevin's fault.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Herald Kethaera An'Ryshe gestures vaguely in the air with her hands, saying, 
    "It's sort of a... philosophical fluffiness. You know what I mean?"

-----

SO CUTE
  • Akyaevin said:
    Shaddus said:
    And it looks like it's all Akyaevin's fault.
    I have a rock-solid alibi.
    This pun almost makes me think Shaddus was trying to make a pun, too.

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    "An ethereal eagle appears in your mind and speaks, declaring itself master of the skies."

No idea what that's from, but it speaks heresy! Crow is the master of the skies X(

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• All of those vernal fulcrux ones remind me of Roark's fulcrux ambients! I always wondered if that was intentional.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Morkarion said:
    "An ethereal eagle appears in your mind and speaks, declaring itself master of the skies."

No idea what that's from, but it speaks heresy! Crow is the master of the skies X(
    Brother Eagle would disagree!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Everiine said:
    Brother Eagle would disagree!
    Brother Eagle is wrong!
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Lies!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • We all know who the true master of the skies is.

Globglob Mesherbrub.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    It's Vastar! Wait, wrong game.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    edited February 2014
    Kalnid said:
    We all know who the true master of the skies is.

Globglob Mesherbrub. Volucer
    There, I fixed that for you.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Sun would like to have a word with you all.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • edited February 2014
    So I'm doing the scholar thing, collecting pages from the world library. I'm reading them along... when I come across this.

/----------------------------------------------\

|              the mischievous twins           |

>----------------------------------------------<

I led .im i.to a gargan.uan, la..shly decor.ted bedr.om, pai.ted a deep, lus..ul re. a.d laced with crimso. veils that cast shadows throu.hout.the .o.m, e.oking a.deeply lustful atmo.p.ere. The st.nnin. blonde human girl, clad i..little but the laci.st.of und.rg.rments, looked .pwards at the stern, bus.nes.-like man .efore her. The.girl whistled onc., and the man raised a sing.e eyebrow wi.h s..picion. The.sound of another .air.of foo.steps cause. him to spin  |on his heel., only .o see the girl'.. identical| twin s.anding .efor. him. Th..first reached aroun., wrapp.ng.her a.ms ..ound his chest as the o.her stepped sedu..ive.y f.rwa.d and gently ra. her fing.rs up the outs.de .f his leg, .e.ning i. to ki.s his l.ps lightly. In apparent fl.ster, the .an st.mbled backw.rds

What the- whatdid I just read? I thought this meant to be a kid's game!

Retired.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited February 2014
    Ummm... WHERE did you get that impression? ESPECIALLY considering some of the theming I have seen in my time around the basin, two examples off the top of my head being how the Demon Lords of Nil are set up and portrayed (in particular Nifilhema, who has pretty much been designed around the whole torture thing), plus how the Nihilist guild has a combo where they crucify someone on an X-shaped rack, proceed to break their limbs, then RIP THE VICTIMS HEART OUT and offer it to their demon lords.  

Yeah... REALLY for kids...

EDIT: Also, from HELP 15.2 (Underage players):

Lusternia is a game oriented towards mature players. Any player, regardless
    of age, is welcome as long as he or she is capable of conducting him or herself
    with the required level of maturity. Immaturity is not a direct function of age
    either. However, it is a sad fact that 95% of our 'problem players' (generally
    those who do not have the emotional maturity necessary to follow the rules and
    act like a member of a community) are teenagers, particularly ones under 16
    years of age. If you happen to be a younger teenage player, don't worry. You
    will not be discriminated against based on your age. In fact, many young
    players have conducted themselves with admirable aplomb and have risen to
    prominent positions within Lusternia.

No special treatment will be given to you if you cause problems. This is a
    role-playing world, and real-life excuses for behavior are irrelevent to us.
    You will be deleted and will not be put back if you cross what we view as a
    very easy line to avoid (given that 99% of players never cross that line, it's
    obviously easy to avoid doing it).
    I have never, in the time that I have played Lusternia, heard it referred to or advertised as a game intended for children.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • edited February 2014
    Kagato said:
    Ummm... WHERE did you get that impression? ESPECIALLY considering some of the theming I have seen in my time around the basin, two examples off the top of my head being how the Demon Lords of Nil are set up and portrayed (in particular Nifilhema, who has pretty much been designed around the whole torture thing), plus how the Nihilist guild has a combo where they crucify someone on an X-shaped rack, proceed to break their limbs, then RIP THE VICTIMS HEART OUT and offer it to their demon lords.  

That's different, and a lot more tame in my opinion. There's nothing shocking about any of that (The crucifixion, maybe, but that probably depends on you religion). This is just plain smut. Edited, it gets even worse. 'The laciest of undergarments'. Dayum. I posted it because it was hilarious. I didn't post it to try and be a moral guardian. Lighten up.
    Retired.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Haezon said:
    Kagato said:

That's different, and a lot more tame in my opinion. There's nothing shocking about any of that (The crucifixion, maybe, but that probably depends on you religion). This is just plain smut. Edited, it gets even worse. 'The laciest of undergarments'. Dayum. I posted it because it was hilarious.
    As I quoted, there is provisions written in the HELP files saying that Lusternia is intended for mature players - in most countries that I am aware of, "Mature" typically refers to over 16, even 18.

I'd love to see how you'd respond to some of the interactions between the various divine, particularly Mysrai...
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited February 2014
    Eh, 'tame in my opinion' pretty much sums it up. There are some widely discussed thoughts about cultural responses to sex and violence. In the broadest terms, Americans tend to be more accepting of graphic violence in media, but our Puritanical sensibilities are utterly scandalized by sex. Elsewhere in the world it's the other way around. Since you can't do controlled scientific studies on human subjects, any evidence that one or the other is particularly harmful to children or society is always going to be correlational, not causal.

Anyway, there's no denying Lusternia has some dark themes. Nobody can really say whether any of them are inappropriate for kids.

Hallifax has no qualms conducting controlled experiments on humans. 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Why is everyone taking this so seriously? It was just a funny log. I didn't expect a ****storm of this proportion.
    Retired.
  • Only have to be 13 to register a character~.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Hardly a sh!tstorm. Maybe a poodrizzle, but I don't think anybody's even that worked up about it. Back to quotes!
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Some people have different opinions about what qualifies as 'inappropriate for kids', and the implication that Lusternia is intended for them in the first place. It's not a storm of any variety. Reading through that passage, I would say that if Twilight is appropriate for 13 year-olds, Lusternia is too... but personally, the Nai'dorin ritual was very disturbing the first time I saw it. That poor baby...

I.E. we all have different thresholds for what seems shocking with regards to sex or violence, and calling this a kid's game can come across as rude, even to the kids in question that might play.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Kagato said:
     RIP THE VICTIMS HEART OUT 

So like Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, which is a PG-13?

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!