Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• edited March 2014
    Lerad said:
    So, you're saying, you the player didn't godmod, and that it was your character who did so, making up lies by claiming she performed an act beyond that which should be possible for a dreamweaver in terms of mechanics - that she is claiming to have done something she, in fact, did not do.

I see.

That is the thing, roleplay is not about what is possible mechanically, it is about storytelling(stories are made up, in case you weren't following).  If your character is a shaman, and you roleplay having visions of the future, that is not "Godmoding" or "powerplaying", it is roleplay.  Adding flavour to the mechanical nature of skills your character has is part of fleshing out the role.

If you are in the dreamscape, touching the souls of others and watching them in a dream realm, is it so hard to fathom that maybe you can see the auras of wakeful people to interpret or gather a general idea of their state? 

I'm beginning to wonder if some of you even really know what roleplay is about.

Celina said:
    Well, the nature of godmoding means that you can also say "I was just manipulating/lying/masterminding you," to deflect it. I have no idea what Tetra was doing, I am just observing that "trickery and manipulation!" has been played into the dirt as an excuse for people doing dumb stuff. Maybe Tetra's RP is that she's so delusional that she thinks she can convince ransoms she is a super special one of a kind weaver who can read dreams or whatever, and that classifies as "manipulation." My character thinks she's the chosen of night. Crazy is cool.

Dreamweaving, by its very nature, is inherently based in subtlety and manipulating.  Echoing what was said above to Lerad, it is not 'one of a kind' to read dreams.

Roleplaying is adding depth to your character by storytelling through their abilities or preferences.   Talking about your skills with other people like they are cardboard is not what I consider storytelling.

"A man's not dead while his name is still spoken."  - Terry Pratchett 1948-2015

• edited March 2014
    @Tetra, my issue was not with the fact that you were fleshing out Tetra's role with things that you were making up. It was that when I contacted you oocly about it, you dismissed my concerns about not -actually- knowing her mental state or thoughts while you were referencing and commenting on them, even though had you asked, I would have shared with you whats in her head to make your comments actually mean something and succeed at the mindgame RP. I'm a big fan of messing with my character's head. As the RP up to that moment stood, however, Tetra was not being subtle or mind-gamey, just saying things that -might- have had some substance behind them, but Tetra was being so vague as to just be irritating.

@Elanorwen Neither I, nor Parua, had -anything- to do with Aerys's enemying. She had asked @Enyalida if that entity was allowed in the forest, was told it was not, and asked Aerys to dismiss it when visiting. She repeatedly (at least 3 times) ignored this request, and Parua told her guildmaster, ( @Laysus ) about it. That is the extent of Parua's involvement with Aerys.  It's lovely that you'll hold a grudge against me, the player, for my character's zealotry, though. 
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • Mudsex can be well-roleplayed.  It entirely depends on the players level of involvement.

Sex is part of life.  If someone wants to roleplay that ICly with another consenting adult, have at.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Parua said:
    @Elanorwen Neither I, nor Parua, had -anything- to do with Aerys's enemying. She had asked @Enyalida if that entity was allowed in the forest, was told it was not, and asked Aerys to dismiss it when visiting. She repeatedly (at least 3 times) ignored this request, and Parua told her guildmaster, (@Laysus) about it. That is the extent of Parua's involvement with Aerys.  It's lovely that you'll hold a grudge against me, the player, for my character's zealotry, though. 

And we had an RP thing (@Aerys and I) where  I was basically prepared to let her off with a small fine because bluh whatever, but she proceeded to say: Look, I proved it's not a problem - I stole a fae from Ethereal and took it to the spheres, and the power doesn't go into my entourage. So yeah.
  • Parua said:
    Tetra, my issue was not with the fact that you were fleshing out your role with things that you were making up. It was that when I contacted you oocly about it, you dismissed my concerns about not -actually- knowing her mental state or thoughts, even though had you asked, I would have shared with you to make your vague references actually mean something. I'm a big fan of messing with my character's head.

When you accuse people of godmoding(when they aren't) and snub them, sort of hard to orchestrate a mutually agreed upon RP scenario.

• edited March 2014
    Nah, this is not for forums
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Oooooh I get it. Basically Tetra's character was telling Parua's character how she felt/thought/whatever. Tetra seems to be playing both sides of the argument...on the one hand, she can do what we, and our characters, know to be impossible and we she act like it is possible because ROLEPLAY, but on the other hand...lol not really, just manipulating you. Dance puppet dance routine. The latter is perfectly valid, though I can understand why Paris found it obnoxious. The former...well no.
  • edited March 2014
    Celina said:
    Oooooh I get it. Basically Tetra's character was telling Parua's character how she felt/thought/whatever. Tetra seems to be playing both sides of the argument...on the one hand, she can do what we, and our characters, know to be impossible and we she act like it is possible because ROLEPLAY, but on the other hand...lol not really, just manipulating you. Dance puppet dance routine. The latter is perfectly valid, though I can understand why Paris found it obnoxious. The former...well no.

No, I wasn't telling her anything.  I said, "Hmm, you have strange thoughts."

Parua immediately assumed it was because I was trying to 'godmod' read her mind, when in reality I was referring to the conversation we had via tells.  Again, I'm not responsible for how another character reacts.  I'm also defending the concept of dreamweavers being able to gauge the causal bodies of others, because well, the lore of the skillset supports that theory.  It is not an outlandish perspective by any means.

Both aspects of what you're saying are two sides of the same coin.  When characters are performing stupendous feats such as boring holes into planes, resurrecting from the dead, and actually becoming demidivine -- reflecting on the dreams of a random mortal is nothing special.

Well okay. If you say so! I'll leave you to it.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Oh for crying out loud, the fire's out, you all can stop the pissing match.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Quick question-- if you consume an epic ikon, and then a legendary one, does the 200% bonus supersede the 100% one?
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
    Everiine said:
    Oh for crying out loud, the fire's out, you all can stop the pissing match.

No one was talking anymore, but by all means declare your outrage by bringing the argument back!
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Ileein said:
    Quick question-- if you consume an epic ikon, and then a legendary one, does the 200% bonus supersede the 100% one?
    probably
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Ileein said:
    Quick question-- if you consume an epic ikon, and then a legendary one, does the 200% bonus supersede the 100% one?
    I think if you try and consume a second one then it just tells you that you already have an XP buff from an ikon.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    I say we just do Tetra like we did Daebach and call it a day.
  • Re: ikon consuming: Get a common and an uncommon ikon and try it out. The same rules that apply to those should apply to legendary and epic ikons.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    I am not logging in until I write this scroll. Nope. Nope nope.
  • Zouviqil said:
    I am not logging in until I write this scroll. Nope. Nope nope.
    I try telling that to myself all the time....

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    edited March 2014
    Tarkenton said:
    Tetra said:

Mudsex, right?

I've been rp'ing wrong this entire time! D: I need to start fixing this right away.

Celina's replies on her phone produce some of the best/funniest replies at times.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Neos said:
    Tarkenton said:
    Tetra said:

Mudsex, right?

I've been rp'ing wrong this entire time! D: I need to start fixing this right away.
    How -you- doin'?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited March 2014
    Much anguish.

(edit: just realized how ironic my signature is at this present moment)
  • edited March 2014
    Munsia said:
    I just want to make it very clear that griefing no names and newbies isn't okay no matter who you are when they haven't even talked to you, don't know what's going on, or anything.
    I don't think I can click agree enough times to fully sum up how much I freakin' agree with this post. Killing newbies/novices/lowbies/obvious noncombatants who obviously can't cure and don't know what's going on (noted by their lack of staying alive due to a really easily avoided death) and have never interacted with you is bullcrap in the highest degree and it deserves a kick in the face.
    You can't grief newbies. Mechanically impossible. Avenger and grace are both hard coded specifically for this. Jeebus.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Avenger only protects prime, for one, for two the act of killing a newbie at all is griefing them, and if you do it to more and more newbies it's a pattern on that person targeting anyone who cannot fight back.

#themoreyouknow
  • Note I also said novices and lowbies. Not just 'newbies', but by 'newbie', I don't mean just those under level thirty. I mean those lowbies who have nfc what the heck is happening to them because they still don't understand the ins and outs of the game.
    edited March 2014
    I'm not saying you're wrong. Killing newbies is bad. I'm just saying you can't grief them. Or anyone, really, who doesn't want to be griefed. It's the griefer's Achilles heel. Edit: grief the griefers back. But more importantly, dust off the newbies/lowbies/whatever and remind them it's not a big deal. It's just death. Then, most importantly, don't make it a big deal here. The admin deal with newbie griefers pretty swiftly. For anyone else, it's a part of the game, and all the fanfare about death drives them away more than the actual dying.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    I remembered why I didn't want to take any leadership positions.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Neos said:
    I remembered why I didn't want to take any leadership positions.
    Well, a decision's been made on the matter, and all you have to do in this instance is decline to disagree with me about it.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
This discussion has been closed.