QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Zouviqil said:
    Arimisia said:
    Zouviqil said:
    I just don't want people to see what clans I'm in, easily tell if I'm enemied to their org, what my marital status currently is, etc.

You either find out the long way (word of mouth, looking through help files) or you *gasp* interact with my character to find it out.
    marital status can be bypassed still, can look in your family tree (the actual family and find if there is anyone you are actively married to). Just saying. It is very annoying that it hides if the person is enemied to my own org/guild/patron. But again, can pretty quickly be bypassed and found out, just not as quick.
    Oh I know it can, but most people don't want to bother. Which is something I rely on there, the laziness of others.
    Laziness is easily countered by an automated DB that collects and keeps track of your enemies every time you check city/order/guild enemies and then highlights them. It shouldn't hide that bit from your honours either way.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    edited June 2014
    You read what is written on a small milestone bearing the name "Barrin":
    Barrin

:-?
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • You found my milestone!
  • edited June 2014
    EDIT: Removed for drama llama palooza.
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • Well, thanks to all for raining all over my day over it, anyway. 
  • Thayan said:
    Well, thanks to all for raining all over my day over it, anyway. 
    I'm sorry if you take offense to me finding your HONORS line a bit odd, but it's nothing to get upset over. It's not bad, just different from what I was expecting.  And that's all I'm going to say further on it to avoid dragging this further off-topic!
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Thayan said:
    Well, thanks to all for raining all over my day over it, anyway. 
    You're welcome.
  • You scream out in anguish as a ravenous fesix's cruelly serrated teeth tear into you!
    You scream out in anguish as a ravenous fesix's cruelly serrated teeth tear into you!
    6794h, 6480m|100%, 100e%, 10p 98%, 75w%, 98e%, 36.63m, e k-(sip health)(-985h, 11.0%) 
    You have recovered balance on all limbs.
    You execute your stratagem.
    A ravenous fesix howls as a bone white nightmare hacks into him.
    You have scored a WORLD-SHATTERING CRITICAL HIT!!!
    You focus on your wasted efforts, resolving to shift the damage forward.
    The final blow proves too much for a ravenous fesix, who expires, pitifully.
    You have slain a ravenous fesix.
    You suddenly scoop up the corpse of a ravenous fesix.
    Yum, carrion! (3.743s)
    7241h, 6480m|100%, 100e%, 10p 98%, 75w%, 98e%, 36.63m, ex k-
    aa
    (+447h, 5.0%) (3564xp)
    7241h, 6480m|100%, 100e%, 10p 98%, 75w%, 98e%, 36.63m, ex k-
    You take a drink of a potion of healing from a stygian vial of wyrden splendours.
    The potion heals and soothes you.
    8754h, 6480m|100%, 100e%, 10p 98%, 75w%, 98e%, 36.63m, ex k-(+1513h, 16.9%) 
    Whip-crack at a ravenous fesix
    You shift the reserved damage of your last strike forward.
    You have scored an ANNIHILATINGLY POWERFUL CRITICAL hit!
    You focus on your wasted efforts, resolving to shift the damage forward.
    Yum, carrion!
    8940h, 6480m|100%, 100e%, 10p 98%, 75w%, 98e%, 36.63m, e k-(+186h, 2.1%) (2070xp)
    You must regain balance first.
    8940h, 6480m|100%, 100e%, 10p 98%, 75w%, 98e%, 36.63m, e k-
    With an ear-splitting roar, a ravenous fesix prowls in from the east.
    8940h, 6480m|100%, 100e%, 10p 98%, 75w%, 98e%, 36.63m, e k-
    You scream out in anguish as a ravenous fesix's cruelly serrated teeth tear into you!
    8096h, 6480m|100%, 100e%, 10p 98%, 75w%, 98e%, 36.63m, 

You have recovered balance on all limbs. (3.743s)
    8543h, 6480m|100%, 100e%, 10p 98%, 75w%, 98e%, 36.63m, ex k-
    aa
    (+447h, 5.0%) 
    Whip-crack at a ravenous fesix
    You shift the reserved damage of your last strike forward.
    Yum, carrion!

Boom, hattrick 
    B-)
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited June 2014
    Gabriella said:
    honors thayan
    Thayan Windwhisper (Female Lunar Demigoddess).
    A floating, disembodied smile forms in the air, accompanied by a low, feminine laugh.

...Dafuq.
    Yeah. TBH, I don't favor or give out any rewards (credits or gold) in tiered contests if I can't tell what your rank is by honours-ing you. So, whatevs. I'm also not going to go to great effort to go around the scroll, if we're not online at the same time... sucks to be you random unknown person with the scroll of laurels.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited June 2014
    So she's the Lusternia version of the Cheshire Cat. Big deal, you can still see her Demigoddess-ness, and her rank on CWHO. Not sure why people have to be butthurt because others have shinies.

Sorry, Thayan. You don't get to play any of our reindeer games because of your shiny nose Scroll.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Shaddus said:
    So she's the Lusternia version of the Cheshire Cat. Big deal, you can still see her Demigoddess-ness, and her rank on CWHO. Not sure why people have to be butthurt because others have shinies. Sorry, Thayan. You don't get to play any of our reindeer games because of your shiny nose Scroll.
    No idea what the huge deal and exclusion is about. Really makes me do the =/ face irl. Also I think Thayan used to be Gaudiguchian up until recently? So it's still got that Minstrel vibe to it maybe.

edited June 2014
    EDIT: Actually, nevermind. Suffice it to say, I'm totally comfortable with exclusion.
    Enyalida said:
    EDIT: Actually, nevermind. Suffice it to say, I'm totally comfortable with exclusion.
    Why are you CL.

edited June 2014
    I actually like @Thayan well enough,from what scant interactions we've had, we're just not on at the same times... When there was an award favor due, I just favored/gave the requisite credit to everyone else and waited until someone knew what rank she was/I was online at the same time to do the correct one of those things, no harm done (The favor was given the next RL day, iirc).

If you want a scroll of laurels, cool! I was just pointing out that it's something of a double edged sword: If you've gone out of your way to obscure information about you, you should realize that not everyone else will want to go out of their way to dig up that information when it benefits you. If I don't know you, I won't.

That said, if you really think that the only reason to ever exclude someone must be for pure RP, you crazy. I'm totally comfortable with excluding people who insist on speaking only in Lusternian euphemisms for gamer terms, until they mend their ways, for instance.  Social pressure is one of the precious few ways we have of moderating harmful player behavior when those players aren't outright breaking rules.

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Maligorn said:
    Enyalida said:
    Why are you CL.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

I think basically what Enyalida is saying is that she doesn't really have a moral or social requirement to care or go out of her way for someone else. Which is technically true, in a scarily libertarian way.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Enyalida said:

I actually like @Thayan well enough,from what scant interactions we've had, we're just not on at the same times... When there was an award favor due, I just favored/gave the requisite credit to everyone else and waited until someone knew what rank she was/I was online at the same time to do the correct one of those things, no harm done (The favor was given the next RL day, iirc).

If you want a scroll of laurels, cool! I was just pointing out that it's something of a double edged sword: If you've gone out of your way to obscure information about you, you should realize that not everyone else will want to go out of their way to dig up that information when it benefits you. If I don't know you, I won't.

That said, if you really think that the only reason to ever exclude someone must be for pure RP, you crazy. I'm totally comfortable with excluding people who insist on speaking only in Lusternian euphemisms for gamer terms, until they mend their ways, for instance.  Social pressure is one of the precious few ways we have of moderating harmful player behavior when those players aren't outright breaking rules.

I'm sorry, are you equating a scroll of laurels with "harmful player behavior" that needs to be moderated?
    Enyalida said:
    Social pressure is one of the precious few ways we have of moderating harmful player behavior when those players aren't outright breaking rules.

I mean, I get that; I'm guilty of it too, especially with people I suspect of being that little group I like to call Dahnrio's harem and their alts. I just don't think it's appropriate for a city/commune leader to be so, eh, outright selective of who she chooses to interact/work for. You're not working for your friends or your clique, you're working for Serenwilde. Unless your RP is to be self-serving -shrug-.

It says a lot about the state of the commune for them to let you be like that.

Of course, the obvious solution would be to catch you in the act IC and then contesting you (or at least getting more context), but I don't have any well-founded Seren alts. So I'll just judge you from my perch up here in Coolifax.

(whether my judgments actually matter are another thing entirely :P )

sorry for the derail yo

(Maybe we should take this to a thread or the Facebook rants page)

Let me make sure I understand. Here we have a relative newcomer to the forest. She writes plays, she's the daughter of one of your older members (who has been a leader of his guild), she designs, she's quiet and doesn't cause drama, she's not a SNUGGLER or likely to crawl into bed with the usual cadre of aetherplex cads....and you aren't jumping at the chance to cultivate her feeling welcome and like she's got a good place to live, just by making sure to reward her for anything she does that normally garners a reward? Just a little extra effort is going to hurt that much?
    I'm CL yo. I decide how much effort goes into serving mah org.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Eh, I don't get what's the big deal, and why everyone is jumping down either Thayan's throat or Enyalida's throat for this. I'm sure Thayan's perfectly fine with receiving her favours late - if she receives them late at all.

The only time the laurels should be up for discussion is when it is inappropriate - see: cursing, illegibility due to grammar or unchecked spelling, or jarringly immersion-breaking.

If it isn't any of those... big deal. Thayan gets the right to keep it (admin approved it) and Enyalida gets the right to wait for confirmation or whatever she wants to wait for.

• This has derailed... SUPER HARD.  I'm really regretting having posted that quote in the first place now, I had no idea it was going to explode into this.

Guys, all I was saying was that I found the line she chose for the scroll of Laurels a little odd.  Not bad, not frustrated by not seeing her honours, etc, just that it was unusual. 

@Thayan I'm sorry this exploded into drama llama palooza.
    --------
    --------
    Peopl are jumping down Enya's throat because she's saying she won't exert any effort whatsoever if she needs to give out favours/rewards etc if a person who deserves to get them is using a scroll of laurels. This is pretty meh coming from a council leader.

#bringShikariback 

• [redacted] appointed Haezon as Minister of Cultural Affairs.
    [redacted] confirmed Haezon as Minister of Cultural Affairs.

Awesome.
    Retired.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Haezon said:
    [redacted] appointed Haezon as Minister of Cultural Affairs.
    [redacted] confirmed Haezon as Minister of Cultural Affairs.

Awesome.
    Why take out names...?