QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• The life of hardship and suffering as a rogue...

Portia Lunarose says, "Why do dwarfs laugh when running through fields? Because the grass tickles
    their balls!"
    You say, "Funnier."
    You say, "More then the first one."
    Portia Lunarose asks, "What do you call two peppers having intercourse?"
    Portia glances askance.
    You say, "No idea."
    Portia Lunarose says, "Hot."
    Portia waggles her eyebrows comically.
    Haezon The Black says to you, "And you thought my puns were bad."
    Portia snickers softly to herself.
    You say to Haezon, "She makes me miss you more."
    Haezon The Black says, "I like people who do that."
    The corners of Haezon's mouth turn up as he grins mischievously.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Yeah, context is key here, @Maligorn, @EveryoneElse. It was the difference between getting an extra 1 credit (for being max CR) or not. There wasn't any alternative to just waiting for someone who knew, or the woman herself to show up, which happened the very next day and she got the rest of what was due her (a favor, she turned out to not be max CR already). 
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Word.
  • Rivius said:
    Word.
    To your mother.
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • Am I the only person that had to google the definition of ebonics and nah'meen?

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Chade said:
    Am I the only person that had to google the definition of ebonics and nah'meen?

Yes...maybe it's an american thing. 
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    I knew what it was immediately. But then, 'm'n NYCer 'n' we talk like dat all da time in B'ooklyn. Dig?
  • I do not dig.
  • See - where I grew up they talk like this: 
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Didn't understand a word they said, but it sounded awesome!

• I can literally understand one word in three my grandfather says. It's kinda cool.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    You give a pile of raw lumber to Beauregard Dubaise.
    Beauregard Dubaise lovingly strokes a pile of raw lumber.
    Beauregard Dubaise says, "Chouette! This wood is very good! I shall buy it, monsieur."
    Beauregard Dubaise hands you a bag of gold.

:-?
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Chade said:
    See - where I grew up they talk like this: 
    I understand the majority of it >.>
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Neos said:

You give a pile of raw lumber to Beauregard Dubaise.
    Beauregard Dubaise lovingly strokes a pile of raw lumber.
    Beauregard Dubaise says, "Chouette! This wood is very good! I shall buy it, monsieur."
    Beauregard Dubaise hands you a bag of gold.

:-?

Why are you outing your alt?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Ixion said:
    Eritheyl said:
    honors rika
    There is no such person, I'm afraid.

Wut :-S
    Just saw this.. that's a damn shame.
    It really, really is. I have some great memories of Rika, particularly from the release of Kryden Valik and her pretty awesome solo trolling of Mag trying to do the Soulless side of the quest.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    We live. The Wyrd lives. -tears-
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Great flavor text for damn sure! But has anyone else noticed the "enhales?"
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:
    "THE DEMON LORDS CAN NEVER TRULY BE KILLED - GREAT IS THEIR POWER."

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Lillie said:
    Great flavor text for damn sure! But has anyone else noticed the "enhales?"
    Eh, I still have something like 10 or so typos that are 'pending' for Wyrdenwood stuff.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • edited June 2014
    Chade said:
    Am I the only person that had to google the definition of ebonics and nah'meen?

Eh, I vaguely know about it. I mostly speak Jamaican patois. Its more refined.
    Retired.
    edited June 2014
    The shadowy outline of a twisted forest casts a dark gloom here. A fighting ring rises up from the
    ground. Gleaming with an aura of gentility, a silver spoon has been tragically abandoned here. A
    menacing leather flog lies here in a tangle of rustic lashes. Glistening with radiant colour, a
    carnelian tulip of blushing ruby lies abandoned here. Cast aside, a crystalline femur lies awaiting
    its long-deceased owner. A squashy, stuffed wakabi lies here, button eyes gazing vapidly at its
    surroundings. Curled in a shimmering ribbon of light and colour, a bright rainbow stretches here. A
    wooden soldier stands at the ready, his tiny bow nocked with a lone arrow. Interlocking pieces of
    jade form the shape of this luna moth, poised as though ready to flit away from its perch. A cuddly,
    brown-furred teddy bear sits here complacently, button eyes gazing upward. A rotund, stuffed piglet
    lies here, rolled onto its side. Awaiting some grander use, wooden tongs have been placed upon the
    ground. The bronze figurine of a tailor has been left here, tongue sticking out in concentration.
    Quivering as if barely contained, the Pearl Sandals of Vernal Haste drift here, upon currents of
    power. A square inkwell of bubbled green glass lies here, filled to the brim with dark ink. A golden
    clockwork pendulum lies here, seemingly broken from some larger whole. Gleaming with patterns of
    inlaid grasslands, a bronze-etched saw lies here. A tin tinker stands here in miniature, hunchbacked
    and bearing minute metal implements. Refusing to melt, a snowflake made of ice persists here. A
    sprig of coltsfoot daintily clasped in its painted beak, a delicate porcelain dove has been placed
    here. Alighted gently on the ground, a shimmering silver feather lies here. Gently seated upon the
    ground, a dainty dining fork lies here. A gleaming cog of steel lies here, glinting ominously with
    occult patterns. A glittering trail of crystalline stardust lies scattered behind the centre of a
    comet lying here. A glaring eyeball floats here, staring ominously and unblinking at its
    surroundings. Glittering with pale beauty, an orchid of gems and precious metals has been left
    behind. Shimmering an exotic hue, a feathery quill lies here. Flawless gems and polished gold have
    been moulded into the form of a rose that lies here. An electrified steel wrench has been cast aside,
     jags of power arcing erratically across its surface. Bobbing here pleasantly, a crystal sphere hums
    with energy as it floats upon an invisible cushion of air. Glistening with oil, a gear lies ready
    for use. Warm to the touch, a bewitching lantern whispers with a flickering, violet flame. A
    splintered star of wood and gems lies here, shimmering in the ambient light. A diamond skull lies
    here in the dust, grinning with unsettling intensity. Rays of golden light flickering across its
    plumes, a delicate feather has alighted here. Decorated with an elaborate mosaic of ceramic tiles,
    the form of a regal parrot stands here. A stained glass peacock curio is perched here, feathers
    frozen in a glittering fan. A translucent crimson rib lies here as though awaiting its previous
    owner. A stained-glass butterfly casts shards of multicoloured light upon the ground. A burnished
    silver candelabra lies on its side, extinguished. Carelessly abandoned on the ground, a tidy little
    notepad sits here, pages splayed open. A whiplike emerald cobra is coiled here, a viridescent
    glimmer evinced by the available light. Tongues of heatless fire whisper at the end of this rune-
    inscribed torch. Poised to strike, an avaricious asp clutches a gold sovereign with its coiled body.
    A disembodied, thin-lipped mouth floats here, babbling nonsense phrases. Hourglass glistening upon
    its exposed stomach, a small black spider hangs here from a single glistening thread of silk. Wooden
    handle smoothed by years of consistent use, a screwdriver awaits patiently for its owner. A
    burnished bronze feather lies here shimmering on the ground. A leering tarantula with ruby eyes lies
    here. A pair of gleaming steel handcuffs lies here, touched in places with flaking, dried blood.
    Shining with a dazzling incandescence, the Holy Helm of Avechna rotates here upon currents of power.
    A glittering, gem-wrought dragonfly of virid gems lies here, gleaming softly. Shaking its rattle
    ominously, a rapacious rattlesnake stares at everything with the threat to bite.

(this doesn't compare to Xenthos' room)

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Wait till a figurine with several hundred thousand esteem decays on you.

#bringShikariback 

• Siam said:
    Wait till a figurine with several hundred thousand esteem decays on you.
    The figurine is wondrously crafted from marble, with movable limbs expertly held together with gold
    wires. Two powerstones have been set in as eyes, but otherwise all features on the figurine are
    smooth and blank, ready for the touch of an artist to bring to life.
    It has 3 months of usefulness left.
    It weighs about 70 pounds.
    It is imbued with 27,529 units of esteem.

Not quite several hundred thousand, but thanks for the reminder!