Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Shaddus said:
    ORDERBRAND NIHTA ENEMY FOR DEDUCING MY IDENTITY ON THE FORUMS;MAGGOT NIHTA;TRUEDISFAVOUR NIHTA 30
    You forgot curse of adoration.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I was recently slapped with an enemy status that I had deliberately avoided. Despite how long the alliances have been shifted, Lavinya hasn't done anything against Serenwilde or Hallifax (which I'll happily go into detail why in character, if you're interested) outside of defending, domoths/revolts/flares, and a strike against Celest guards. So despite having assisted in killing Serenwilders who raided or fought domoths, I'd never been made an enemy, because she does nothing to strike at the forest.

Anyway, I was enemied to Serenwilde after the raid on water guards for something along the lines of 'attacking our good friends and attempting to slay a citizen'. (No Serenwilders appeared save for Caerlyr long enough to scent and run then brand. I didn't even get to target her!) I was unimpressed - I've gone out of my way to stay on good terms (personally) with Serenwilde, and was randomly slapped with the status by someone I have snubbed so I believe they could irritate me. I digress. I, undeterred, sent a letter to the Seneshal asking to overturn it and explaining why and what happened, and also asked a few of my Serenwilde friends to support that I've never harmed the forest, etc etc. I'm still waiting, but I'm starting to think that it's hopeless.

And that's what really gets to me. I get that I'm in Mag so people want to enemy people from the 'enemy org', but as players, I think we should be open to roleplay and realising that there may well be reasons NOT to enemy, or reasons to overturn the status. I'm not holding my breath, but I'm still being mildly hopeful. It's not a badge of honour to me, I have no interest in making it worth it by raiding or whatever - that's not Lavinya's roleplay. I think sometimes as a whole we could be lighter on the enemy status sometimes, especially for events that aren't even against said org or the org's members .

I'm not posting this here in the hope of resolution, I'm pursuing all that IC, just using it as an example.

Also, I feel the need to add that I don't agree that being a 'combatant' means you should just be enemied to all and sundry and not care. Lavinya is probably considered a combatant because she regularly assists in domoths etc, but at the same time I am very very choosy about joining any raids or defenses of territories that are not Magnagora. The blanket 'you'll probably earn it eventually anyway' is not accurate, not for all of us. Treating each individual case as an individual case, yes please!

(On that note I've deliberately stayed out of Hallifax because of rumours I would likely be enemied just because, and that makes Lavinya sad sad. All those tea parties are taunting me.)

• I think it is perfectly fine RP to enemy everyone who is a potential threat on an city / commune / order level. On the guild level, we enemy because you go again the guild in some way like killing the scorpions whom we consider sacred, but even that only happens when it gets reported. I could be an ass and go sit in the caves and enemy everyone who hunts there, but I've better things to do :P

Seriously though, think about it. Enemy for a city or commune causes the guard to attack. I've always thought of the enemy system as a 'wanted person' list in that regard. Except that everyone is a (potential) criminal. You're kinda saying like "this person from that org seems shifty, just kill them on sight". Which is rather how I expect things to work in a world where the organisations are in constant conflict with each other. Sure, you can be a nice pacifist character, but why would an org care? Why would anyone on the other side really care? Glomdoring especially, as the merciless forest, should not do care. Member of inferior forest up north looking like they could cause some trouble? Brand the shit out of them. Pick a better forest to live in if you don't like it :P
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • edited June 2014
    My point still stands. Ehmh enemied because I would surely be enemied one day anyway and to wear it as a badge? This is good enough reason to enemy everybody for no specific reason at all. I understand competent combatant peoples do not care and just handle it. But... Pointless enemy system and lacking RP.

Editted: And if you say you weren't taking Essence from Earth, well, you are still apart of an organization that is at war with Magnagora, in their territory. Of course you are going to be enemied.

Silvanus... I disagree, this is as  good as saying that every member of an enemy commune should be enemied no matter if they conducted hostile acts or not. I took essence but at least state I am enemied for theft and not just being there.  Anyway, enough with my rants, go on.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Idrazil said:

My point still stands. Ehmh enemied because I would surely be enemied one day anyway and to wear it as a badge? This is good enough reason to enemy everybody for no specific reason at all. I understand competent combatant peoples do not care and just handle it. But... Pointless enemy system and lacking RP.

Editted: And if you say you weren't taking Essence from Earth, well, you
    are still apart of an organization that is at war with Magnagora, in
    their territory. Of course you are going to be enemied.

Silvanus... I disagree, this is as  good as saying that every member of an enemy commune should be enemied no matter if they conducted hostile acts or not. I took essence but at least state I am enemied for theft and not just being there.  Anyway, enough with my rants, go on.

While I generally agree, it's understood that if you're on earth, you're there for one of three reasons: raiding, hunting, or picking earwort. Either way, you're taking something from a plane that your org doesn't own.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Being enemied to Magnagora for being in Magnagoran territories is a little different than, say, being enemied to Magnagora for kicking a fire lord.

• It would be more fair, however, to preemptively declare all bashers and herbalists as enemies to Earth/Magnagora/etc. If it's good policy for known combatants, then it should be the same for all hunters and harvesters.

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    edited June 2014
    Or... just don't go into Magnagoran territory if you are part of an enemy organization, regardless what you plan on doing.

I will enemy you, it is against the law, we decided that.

You have no choice in the matter outside of don't go into Magnagora territory.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    Lavinya said:
    Also, I feel the need to add that I don't agree that being a 'combatant' means you should just be enemied to all and sundry and not care. Lavinya is probably considered a combatant because she regularly assists in domoths etc, but at the same time I am very very choosy about joining any raids or defenses of territories that are not Magnagora. The blanket 'you'll probably earn it eventually anyway' is not accurate, not for all of us. Treating each individual case as an individual case, yes please!

(On that note I've deliberately stayed out of Hallifax because of rumours I would likely be enemied just because, and that makes Lavinya sad sad. All those tea parties are taunting me.)
    Interesting rumors. But no, we don't enemy Magnagorans just because. It's usually just a case of them doing something that required the status. I know, Munsia and Marcella are going to disagree with me yet again (For no obvious reason, seeing how they were both enemied for doing something that they shouldn't have been doing, but hey... we can just slap the disagree flag and not bother to say a peep about -why-)

Like every other city, if a citizen has a problem with your presence in some fashion, they are free to ask you to leave, in which case refusal will be considered trespassing and be followed by an enemy status, but then again... if you're not stirring up trouble, chances are you won't be asked to leave in the first place.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • @Daraius

I just wanted to come play with the shibe D:
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Elanorwen said:
    Lavinya said:

Interesting rumors. But no, we don't enemy Magnagorans just because. It's usually just a case of them doing something that required the status. I know, Munsia and Marcella are going to disagree with me yet again (For no obvious reason, seeing how they were both enemied for doing something that they shouldn't have been doing, but hey... we can just slap the disagree flag and not bother to say a peep about -why-)

Like every other city, if a citizen has a problem with your presence in some fashion, they are free to ask you to leave, in which case refusal will be considered trespassing and be followed by an enemy status, but then again... if you're not stirring up trouble, chances are you won't be asked to leave in the first place.
    What the nil are you talking about besides being a passive aggressive little girl? I haven't been enemied to anything recently that was bogus. Though I probably was and I can't recall it. Don't put words into my mouth. 
    Munsia said:
    What the nil are you talking about besides being a passive aggressive little girl? I haven't been enemied to anything recently that was bogus. Though I probably was and I can't recall it. Don't put words into my mouth. 
    So the disagree flag on my previous post about how Halli doesn't enemy at random is just for kicks? And I'm putting words in your mouth because you didn't post a response in combination with your disagree flag yourself. One has to assume what you mean by it. That said, nor did it require insults... but hey, that's what we got the abuse flag for.

Elanorwen said:
    Munsia said:
    So the disagree flag on my previous post about how Halli doesn't enemy at random is just for kicks? And I'm putting words in your mouth because you didn't post a response in combination with your disagree flag yourself. One has to assume what you mean by it. That said, nor did it require insults... but hey, that's what we got the abuse flag for.
    Calling you passsive aggressive is an insult? Here's an insult. I think you're a moron. That's why I flagged you. There, go flag that one again. Because that's all YOU do. Flag people who say 1 word in your direction. Your skin is so thin, god forbid you ever come to our side of the alliance. We'd tear you apart so fast.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Parua said:

@Daraius

I don't know about you but I had more fun chatting than I would have had influencing. Lobo influencing stinks. :P

Try again when I'm loitering around the tea house.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Daraius said:
    @Daraius

I don't know about you but I had more fun chatting than I would have had influencing. Lobo influencing stinks. :P Try again when I'm loitering around the tea house.
    Cool people use a race hat and then use cameo for statpack
    Yeah but it's so not worth it to do all that. Plus, completely against character for Daraius.
    I used to make cakes.

Munsia said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Munsia said:
    Calling you passsive aggressive is an insult? Here's an insult. I think you're a moron. That's why I flagged you. There, go flag that one again. Because that's all YOU do. Flag people who say 1 word in your direction. Your skin is so thin, god forbid you ever come to our side of the alliance. We'd tear you apart so fast.
    Would you rather I spouted angry comments at you? I would certainly hope not. Just because I flag you for something I find offensive doesn't mean my skin is thin, just means you said something offensive. That's the reason the flags exist.

edited June 2014
    Daraius said:
    Yeah but it's so not worth it to do all that. Plus, completely against character for Daraius.
    It's not so much a character thing at that point. Most of us utilize racehat's the way I JUST said. Which is an ooc function. 

Cameo doesn't have to be worn to use so you don't look like a changeling to anyone. You can custom the race hat to be ANYTHING you want, so noone notices that. Then you get a changeling locket and you gain the emotes. Tada noone can tell the difference unless you explicitly tell them

@Elanorwen Actually that's the definition of thin skin...thank you for proving my point. Run along. 
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited June 2014
    36 corpses of an aetheretic slivven

Mufufufu.

Edit: Also, lol'd at '
    1. The shpathÉChgridsis not yea cloud of rhift, " colouÉChswiftin.s"1"ÉChthrough "1r hull
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    edited June 2014
    Daraius said:
    It's not so much a character thing at that point. Most of us utilize racehat's the way I JUST said. Which is an ooc function. 

Cameo doesn't have to be worn to use so you don't look like a changeling to anyone. You can custom the race hat to be ANYTHING you want, so noone notices that. Then you get a changeling locket and you gain the emotes. Tada noone can tell the difference unless you explicitly tell them

I get it, sure. You're talking about a shitload of credits I don't want to buy or spend on something that makes a super boring task a little more efficient. It just isn't worth it to me.
    I used to make cakes.

• Magnagora should enemy all non-Magnagorans, for those not with its crusade, are against it. It is simply logic.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Applies with Celest, Glomdoring, and Serenwilde logic somehow!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    If you ever wanna talk about bs enemy statuses, just look me up.  :D
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Maybe there needs to be a way for an org to mechanically acknowledge a treaty between another org.

ORGALLY CELEST would unenemy all Celest members. Maybe there can be a list of people this won't effect, like repeat offenders.

ORGENEMY GLOMDORING would make statues/discretionaries/guards hit non-graced people of Glomdoring. This would also block members of Glomdoring from entering a manse connected to your org.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    Maybe there needs to be a way for an org to mechanically acknowledge a treaty between another org.

ORGALLY CELEST would unenemy all Celest members. Maybe there can be a list of people this won't effect, like repeat offenders.

ORGENEMY GLOMDORING would make statues/discretionaries/guards hit non-graced people of Glomdoring. This would also block members of Glomdoring from entering a manse connected to your org.
    I like the enemy one, but not the ally. Just because you belong to a city that has a treaty with another org, does not and should not remove outstanding statuses for offenses you personally perpetrated.
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I expect someone will disagree, but I hate this energylink fix. Give people a reserves dump not dependant on other people not instinctively being full.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• I just found out about it when I went up to astral to punch some mitrans in the face. Woe. WOE!!
  • Am I doing something wrong, that taking out the orcs of Shallach should wipe out nearly 10k of my endurance?
This discussion has been closed.