QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• Esca inserts the Iron Key to the Infernal Machine into the air and turns. The sound of grinding gears and squealing wheels reverberates through the air, as an enormous iron doorway materializes around the key. Black oily smoke leaks out of the doorway as Esca opens it and steps through.

"Ok!" you exclaim.

I feel like this is every couple in Lusternia.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Ilthilior said:
    Esca inserts the Iron Key to the Infernal Machine into the air and turns. The sound of grinding gears and squealing wheels reverberates through the air, as an enormous iron doorway materializes around the key. Black oily smoke leaks out of the doorway as Esca opens it and steps through.

"Ok!" you exclaim.

I don't get it....what?
  • Munsia said:
    Ilthilior said:
    Esca inserts the Iron Key to the Infernal Machine into the air and turns. The sound of grinding gears and squealing wheels reverberates through the air, as an enormous iron doorway materializes around the key. Black oily smoke leaks out of the doorway as Esca opens it and steps through.

"Ok!" you exclaim.

I don't get it....what?
    You mean to say something to your spouse, but half a second before you get to, they walk out/use something to leave.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    You're about to say something to your spouse but OH WAIT THEY'RE GONE FOREVER.  =((
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I generally end up pecking the air, as if kissing an imaginary person >_>

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    What spouse?

He has been engaged to be married to Kilauea for 973 months.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• A fiery ruby and gold ring tells you, "a glowing badge of Morgfyre approval craves the blood of a Demon Lord."

I can get Morgfyre's approval?
    (Peasantface): Calesta says, "Cause I love Crek."

(Peasantface): You say, "I love Crek too."

(Peasantface): Calesta says, "I love Crek more."

(Peasantface): Crek (from the Ethereal Plane) says, "So... I just tried to NEXUS LOVEFOREST."
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

edited June 2014
    Ohhh! Naming cartels is fun! Here's what we got for @Viravain:

the Black Rose Aseptic Tattoos - BRAT

the Black Rose Bindings  - BRB

the Black Rose Repousse - BRR

and four soon to be tailoring cartel:

the Black Rose Atelier - BRA    

#bringShikariback 

• edited June 2014
    oops. ignore me.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Oh, so that's what it takes to get in the quotes thread.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Portius said:
    You can always try atrociously bad but brilliant puns.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Believe me, I make them whenever somebody leaves me an opening. Someday I'm going to publish a whole book of feghoots.
    edited June 2014
    Portius said:
    Well yes. I almost literally rofl'd. I still haven't even read the actual description. As for the puns, they just don't do it for me. 

Except for this double whammy.
    Daraius Shevat says, "Very good. In round two, Portius will be performing with Maellio, and Shedrin with Zyphora."

Portius flashes Maellio a joyous smile.

Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "Alright then."

Lord-Librarian Portius Windwhisper, Weaver of the Aurora says to Maellio, "Then we must act with otterly perfect skill, for that mustelid to victory."
    I used to make cakes.

edited June 2014
    The description is a total anticlimax. I think it's funnier that way, since there is absolutely nothing that I could write that wouldn't look like an anticlimax following that appearance. Might as well go all the way.

Now, I'm just going to quote Zyphie's comment on this from Facebook.

"LOL"

"so that Portius can lift up his shirt"

"to let people know how he feels"

When you picture this design in your head, @Daraius, I want you to imagine it on Portius' wrinkled old man belly as he opens up his robes (which are fabulously multicolored, because Portius shares my fashion sense) and shakes his head at a foreigner.
    We do not allow customers to commit permanent suicide, to protect financial records. Read HELP SUICIDE for alternatives.
    I used to make cakes.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Daraius said:
    We do not allow customers to commit permanent suicide, to protect financial records. Read HELP SUICIDE for alternatives.
    What, don't do that.
    Elanorwen said:
    You hold a kaleidoscopic telescope to your eye, you twist the end and stare intently through its twinkling surfaces.
    Through the glittering faceted planes, you see:
    Siam - Before a gargantuan signboard that says, "STOP SCRYING ME!" (the Aetherways)
    Behold my most favorite room in my manse.

#bringShikariback 

• @Xenthos I'm pretty sure that the only cure for the mental image of Portius opening up his robes to show you a face is suicide. Or perhaps a soothing jakari running through both ears.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
    edited June 2014
    If it's @Xenthos, the cure to that would be Crow Caw.

edit:

Wyrdenwoods need the RUSTLE emote.

You say, "I wish I could rustle."

Belibi shrugs helplessly.

Druid Belibi, Whose Roots Drink Deep says, "But I also have wished to be able to rustle."

You say, "I supposee we can CRICKETS annd T *hic* UMBLE away."

The corners of Belibi's mouth turn up as he grins mischievously.

#bringShikariback 

• In MKO I played a thparkley forest warrior (if you read the SM skills in MKO that would kinda make sense) and wrote my very own custom emote so that whenever I typed "poof" it did something like "em throws sparkles into the air and vanishes slowly." We should collaborate on something similar for a "rustle" emote and both do it. And pretend.
  • edited June 2014
    Rustle exists. It is a shrub function/emote. I'd be surprised if you would want to mimic a shrub.

also....

AB HUNTING RUSTLE
    Syntax:
    RUSTLE <cattle>

With a simple rope, you can lasso a cow or sheep and have it obediently follow you. This is a difficult move, but can be much more easily accomplished if you are mounted on a steed.

Further, as an expert rustler, you can easily dodge out of the way of bumbling cows to avoid bumping into them (as well as sheep).

• I know why it won't be made into a real racial emote. But if I think of myself as a tree, there are times when I would shuffle awkwardly if I was a normal race... but as a tree, i feel I should rustle instead
    Custom emotes all the way man. Why not? I have a handful of doggy gestures that the presets just don't satisfy.
    I used to make cakes.