Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Maligorn said:
    I'm sure this is beating a dead horse but,

I will never understand why cosmic entities (everywhere) attack their defenders too. Why, why would you punish the defenders like that. Is it really that hard to code the room attacks to not harm defenders?

@Ieptix put this on your to-do list, yo. Please.
    There's no way to code that that'll truly make you happy. "Defenders" Would only be Hallifax in the code. Next to that if you did that without it just being Hallifax, then anyone not enemied wouldn't be hit. You could game that so hard by just not getting enemied to Continuum
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited June 2014
    Munsia said:
    Maligorn said:

I will never understand why cosmic entities (everywhere) attack their defenders too. Why, why would you punish the defenders like that. Is it really that hard to code the room attacks to not harm defenders?

There's no way to code that that'll truly make you happy. "Defenders" Would only be Hallifax in the code. Next to that if you did that without it just being Hallifax, then anyone not enemied wouldn't be hit. You could game that so hard by just not getting enemied to Continuum
    Yeah, that's what I figured. But I'm sure there's a way to do it with a little thinking.

EDIT: Even just Hallifax not getting hit by spheres, or just Mag not getting hit by DLs is more than satisfying.

• And make it even HARDER to raid? The smobs are already godlike as it is
    They could stand to tone down smobs;

but not hitting defenders seems like something infinitely more crucial.

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Maligorn said:

Ieptix put this on your to-do list, yo. Please.
    I want to agree, but I remember seeing Mags dying to DLs, and it was pretty funny. I think more than cosmic/ethereal mobs also affect non-enemies with aoe, but idk how easy a change it is.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • The GReat Tyrant in the blasted lands hits everyone in the room with smob level AoE, too. 

She's invincible, though...
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
     Lesson of the day.

Supermobs tend to have an order you bash in. Learn it first >.<

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Sorry. My fault. Completely.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Maligorn said:
    Pretty sure this is the same for all the supermobs, I know the demon lords attack everybody, friend or foe.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
    dude, I wish I could do those cool lightsaber colors. Right now I just rolled a jedi guardian but I hate Coruscant so much but I've done all the ch. 1's of the imperial classes, so.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    What server?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Yeah, srsly, what server?  Wife is wanting to play SWToR again.
    Most of my characters (almost all imps) are on The Harbinger. The jedi guardian and a vanguard project of mine is on The Shadowlands.

(pve servers becos I like da story mmkkkkk)

I should have picked a PVE one, but I was noobish and picked Jung Ma. :/

Aaaaaanyway, back on topic. Don't let spheres dropping make you bitter. Focus your anger into getting them back up, and then returning the favor
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Shaddus said:
    I should have picked a PVE one, but I was noobish and picked Jung Ma. :/ Aaaaaanyway, back on topic. Don't let spheres dropping make you bitter. Focus your anger into getting them back up, and then returning the favor
    THIS. I've been on the receiving end a few times in Magnagora when all the Demon Lords were killed and the necromentate destroyed, and everyone ganked while trying to get essence to rebuild...it sucks, but it's nothing new. Shake it off, rouse your friends with promises of revenge, and remember its a game. If it's not fun, you're allowed to cheat on it with something else!

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Kagato said:
    Maligorn said:
    Pretty sure this is the same for all the supermobs, I know the demon lords attack everybody, friend or foe.
    The only notable ones are the fleshpots. Not because they don't hit allies with aoe's (they do), but that their aoe's are the weakest of the smobs, they mostly focus on summoning large clumps of devastating support mobs... that only hit enemies of vortex.
  • As to the "room attacks shouldn't hit everyone" argument, I think that when you are dropping bombs, anyone in the blast radius is going to get killed. These are entities that are closer than any player to being gods, and they are unleashing their full power to defend themselves!
  • edited June 2014

Shaddus said:
    If you delight in PVP and enjoy that as your primary function in Lusternia, at some point you'll have to come to realise that you can't win them all. It's picking yourself back up that defines you as someone worth following into battle.

I'm sure I'll feel differently the next time I barely contribute to a raid on Vortex that successfully takes down all of the Fleshpots and shows everyone that Hallifax isn't just a bunch of really good writers who can't fight worth crap. Today, I barely contributed to a disorganized and utterly humiliating failure of a defense (or what seemed a lot like one), so you'll forgive me for feeling a bit dejected, and like the first scenario's not likely anytime soon.

Please understand, I don't mean to somehow lessen the effort that I'm sure it took to pull off today's raid. I feel it showcases certain flaws in Lusternia's base combat systems, and I'm envious of orgs with ludicrously OP supermobs, and I'm generally frustrated at calls to "pick yourself up" when it's pretty apparent that people making those calls are in orgs that have been on top for a very long time. But I also know it takes a lot of work to organize a bunch of people when everyone's running around like cats with their heads cut off, so props on that.

Also, thanks to everyone who came and helped us, even though I was really panicky and couldn't provide a lot of the things I wanted to provide. It was frustrating, but it would have been worse if nobody came, I think.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • Shaddus hasn't played in a top org for a long, long time. Well, mainly, anyway.
    edited June 2014
    Marcella said:

Shaddus hasn't played in a top org for a long, long time. Well, mainly, anyway.

That's mostly because Shaddus not only has a penchant for playing underdog orgs, but because my playing time lately is amazingly limited.

@Ileein - trust me, I get it. At no point will you ever hear about me being an awesome fighter, or how I helped turn the tide in a domoth/raid/cookie baking contest. You're gonna feel morose and you're gonna be pissed off, and I don't blame you. I'm just saying that that shouldn't be a reason to quit. Instead, use it as a reason to try harder, develop better understanding of what you could have done better, and if none of that feels right, take some time off.

At the end of the day, it's just a game. Feel bad if you lost, but don't let it ruin your life irl.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    For what it's worth, being on the end of bitter soul-crushing defeats where you feel absolutely helpless was the status quo of my early Lusternia experience. Revenge and determination to not be stuck in the gutter is an amazing combination of factors when you need motivation.

More and more recently I've been able to detach myself from that heavy psychological and emotional investment, and realise as Shaddus says, that it's just a game. You win some, you lose some and the only thing that irks me is if I'm letting the team down, or that we lost for the dumbest reasons where we managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Ultimately everyone has their own thing in the game, their own goals, challenges and motivations. Don't let the expectations of others dictate what you find fun, and enjoy yourself, however that may be.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Llandros said:

So get back in there and gather up some essence. Or you can march around the city carrying a clip board and tell people that they should be doing whatever it is that they are already doing. Either way people will take note.
    True story. I got my very first divine true favour in that exact same scenario, though substitute clipboard for soapbox and my usual abrasive shaming. Someone approved.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Combat makes me feel dumb and useless and I truly have no desire to learn it. I think I've reached a point where I can comfortably sit around without even trying to make a contribution to defense efforts, but I'm not above logging the heck off if Maellio or somebody asks me directly to fight. :P

P.S. Don't ask me to fight. 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Llandros said:
    Everything is cyclical. It's only a matter of time before anyone at the top is hitting rock bottom. And it's only a matter of time before the helpless victims get their boots on someone's throat. 

Disclaimer: Does not apply to Serenwilde.

I kid, I kid.
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:
    "THE DEMON LORDS CAN NEVER TRULY BE KILLED - GREAT IS THEIR POWER."

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

Lillie said:

Llandros said:

Everything is cyclical. It's only a matter of time before anyone at the top is hitting rock bottom. And it's only a matter of time before the helpless victims get their boots on someone's throat. 

Disclaimer: Does not apply to Serenwilde.

I kid, I kid.

It doesn't help when people leave just because they get bored, or for a piece of e-booty.
  • Hey, I wasn't intending to leave, I was forced out! Ask @Laysus and @Parua and @Marcella! Lillie didn't want to go at all!

dat ebooty tho
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:
    "THE DEMON LORDS CAN NEVER TRULY BE KILLED - GREAT IS THEIR POWER."

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

• edited June 2014
    Lillie said:
    Hey, I wasn't intending to leave, I was forced out! Ask @Laysus and @Parua and @Marcella! Lillie didn't want to go at all!

dat ebooty tho
    please don't perpetuate that here.
    Lillie were not forced, she was given a choice
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
This discussion has been closed.