QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    I will become Seren CL and go one step further, and simply ignore you all straight out. Problems solved.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Hey, the one letter I've gotten from Glom while CL was answered very positively!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Karlach said:
    Focusing on her left leg, you strike at Enadonella with a dark cross katana. You roughly stab into her A gate of gleaming silver swings open, a burst of static rushing out and consuming Pejat.

Poor Pejat, didn't even do anything and my Katana seems to have the ability to banish him to another plane.
    You swing a solid steel warhammer at Arimisia. You hit her Ulkira steps through a bright, glowing portal, carried away by aetheric energies.thigh for a minor bruise. 

Yeaaaaaah...
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Man, glad to see all that effort being put into the Overhaul instead of fixing bugs that're currently happening...
  • edited July 2014
    Brona said:
    Retired.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Tarkenton said:
    Man, glad to see all that effort being put into the Overhaul instead of fixing bugs that're currently happening...
    To be fair, there are only a limited number of coders, a limited number of hours in the day, and the overhaul is a massive, massive project that, as we were told going into it when they asked if this is what we wanted them to focus on, takes a great deal of time and effort--especially when the sneak peaks we've had have not been met with a positive response.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Suppose I'm just used to a more transparent process from other game developers. Silly me.
  • The IRE model has always been like this. To announce big projects, to work on the projects with zeal and a genuine intention to complete it for the good of their game, but then to not give updates and communications to explain delays which eventually leads to player dissatisfaction at the silence. To give credit where it's due, it's not like they are keeping things secret because they want it to be kept secret. Most likely, it's probably because there has been no progress, and it is less attractive from their point of view to make announcements of non-progress.

Silence on the overhaul side is not something that should be very surprising given the scale of the project. If they wanted to shelve it for good, they would come out and announce that, because then it'd take off a load from the constant player prodding. The fact that they haven't is probably because they still want to give it a try and make it work. They probably just haven't made any progress on it. There are many other projects they are dealing with, and not all their efforts can be channeled into the Overhaul 24/7 nonstop. Also, anyone who has tried their hand at writing a thesis or doctorate should know quite well how easy it is to put something you absolutely have to do on the side for a while because it is just so tiring to keep thinking and working on it all the time.

Of course, IRE is a business, and this lack of open and more importantly, visible communication is not an example of stellar customer service. And yeah, to expect every game developer to be as punctual and open with their development process as big businesses like Valve... oh wait, sorry, Valve isn't all that punctual or open with their development process all the time either, are they?

Anyway, to expect the Lusternian team of coders, paid or volunteer, to meet those expectations is reasonable given that we are paying customers, but if you hope for the best AND expect the best, then you're almost always going to be disappointed. Just take comfort in the fact that they haven't decided to just throw it all in the bin yet. (Or for those against the Overhaul, discomfort, as case may be.)

• Communication takes paid (or volunteer) hours too.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Tarkenton said:
    Suppose I'm just used to a more transparent process from other game developers. Silly me.
    Most game developers are full time staff in paid positions, not a majority volunteers who code, test, debug and balance this overhaul around their other godly duties, interaction with their order and the playerbase and the life they have outside of Lusternia that pays the bills and the personal life they have that stops them going stir crazy having to put up with us and our shit on a daily basis.

It's not fair to expect the same. Also game development has only really gone transparent in the last few years, before that most online games were very protective of numbers, details and mechanics, going as far as to reprimand people who tested excessively to be able to theorycraft properly. If the AAA's are only catching on in the last 5-6 years, small volunteer teams that have limited time are going to be stretched.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Protip: avoid mentioning the taint or the wyrd or ask about where she stands between them. Xeria's part of the serenwilde forest. That fact should speak for itself. Otherwise, conversation can be had. 
    is dead like the dodo
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Xeria said:
    Protip: avoid mentioning the taint or the wyrd or ask about where she stands between them. Xeria's part of the serenwilde forest. That fact should speak for itself. Otherwise, conversation can be had. 
    Kay uh, this is Quotes...this sounds like a tweet, or I missed a post you're responding to.. Sass definately goes in tweets, though. 
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    They are pretty transparent about most things, sometimes you have to pursue the information to get an answer. For example, Iosai gave me some pretty specific information about nightgaze, how to compares to staff damage, and what unique modifiers affect it. The overhaul, I imagine, is very much "subject to change without notice," so giving updates that may or may not be relevant tomorrow or a week from now seems a rather fruitless pursuit.
  • ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
    aethergoop info 111
    ****************************AETHERGOOP ITEM 111****************************

Short Description: the corpse of a baby rat
    Dropped Description: A baby rat timidly moves in the shadows here.
    Extended Description: Because it is so cute, you are rather reluctant to harm this baby rat. Its fur 
    has just begun to grow and it is capable of making only the most pathetic of squeaks.

Artifact Ability:
    Syntax: DOWSE
    When holding this crystal, you can draw on its power to determine if
    there is anything buried in the ground beneath you.

Can Transform: N/A
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tempting!

• You greet Deb Roundmuffin with a sincere smile.
    Deb Roundmuffin exclaims, "Furry Power!"

With a high-pitched yell, Deb Roundmuffin somersaults in the air and kicks you in the chin.

You greet Deb Roundmuffin with a sincere smile.
    Deb Roundmuffin exclaims, "Furry Power!"

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    You know what they say about Orclach with big feet...

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Karlach said:
    You know what they say about Orclach with big feet...
    They smell worse than normal Orclach?
  • They have big shoes. Duh.
  • The quest for raising a new chief in acknor allows you to choose and customize the club the challenger will use. I admit, I took advantage:

Vroshnak the Destroyer storms into the fighting pit, swinging Furrychewer the spiked club.

:D
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Arcanis said:
    After the constant scries, I attempted to be helpful:

The Vault of Heaven.
    With outstretched arms, an enormous statue of Estarra stands here vigilantly. A leopard lurks in the
    shadows, curiously watching anything that moves. A diminutive feline crouches here, wreathed in
    shadow. Snarling and slavering, a massive grungy black rage worg with leathery black wings waits
    here.

You sense the piercing eyes of Kelly looking upon you.

You tell Queen Kelly McCloud, "Up here."

You tell Queen Kelly McCloud, "No here."

You tell Queen Kelly McCloud, "To the left."

You tell Queen Kelly McCloud, "You're waaay off."
    "Constant scries" is a bit of an overstatement after you had just been raiding or being where you weren't supposed to be. I was waiting for you to stop hiding in havens, particularly because you keep sending me annoying tells...

• Kelly said:
    Arcanis said:
    After the constant scries, I attempted to be helpful:

The Vault of Heaven.
    With outstretched arms, an enormous statue of Estarra stands here vigilantly. A leopard lurks in the
    shadows, curiously watching anything that moves. A diminutive feline crouches here, wreathed in
    shadow. Snarling and slavering, a massive grungy black rage worg with leathery black wings waits
    here.

You tell Queen Kelly McCloud, "Up here."

You tell Queen Kelly McCloud, "No here."

You tell Queen Kelly McCloud, "To the left."

You tell Queen Kelly McCloud, "You're waaay off."
    "Constant scries" is a bit of an overstatement after you had just been raiding or being where you weren't supposed to be. I was waiting for you to stop hiding in havens, particularly because you keep sending me annoying tells...
    4 scries there in 6 seconds, and that's not counting all the others I was getting, not just from you. Looking at the dictionary, that sure does define 'Constant'
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Sounds more like 'frequent' to me :P