QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne

Arcanis said:

Kelly said:
    Arcanis said:
    After the constant scries, I attempted to be helpful:

The Vault of Heaven.
    With outstretched arms, an enormous statue of Estarra stands here vigilantly. A leopard lurks in the
    shadows, curiously watching anything that moves. A diminutive feline crouches here, wreathed in
    shadow. Snarling and slavering, a massive grungy black rage worg with leathery black wings waits
    here.

You sense the piercing eyes of Kelly looking upon you.

You tell Queen Kelly McCloud, "Up here."

You tell Queen Kelly McCloud, "No here."

You tell Queen Kelly McCloud, "To the left."

You tell Queen Kelly McCloud, "You're waaay off."
    "Constant scries" is a bit of an overstatement after you had just been raiding or being where you weren't supposed to be. I was waiting for you to stop hiding in havens, particularly because you keep sending me annoying tells...
    4 scries there in 6 seconds, and that's not counting all the others I was getting, not just from you. Looking at the dictionary, that sure does define 'Constant'
    It's generally bad taste to quote yourself anyway.

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited July 2014
    Maligorn said:

Arcanis said:

Kelly said:
    Arcanis said:
    After the constant scries, I attempted to be helpful:

The Vault of Heaven.
    With outstretched arms, an enormous statue of Estarra stands here vigilantly. A leopard lurks in the
    shadows, curiously watching anything that moves. A diminutive feline crouches here, wreathed in
    shadow. Snarling and slavering, a massive grungy black rage worg with leathery black wings waits
    here.

You tell Queen Kelly McCloud, "Up here."

You tell Queen Kelly McCloud, "No here."

You tell Queen Kelly McCloud, "To the left."

You tell Queen Kelly McCloud, "You're waaay off."
    "Constant scries" is a bit of an overstatement after you had just been raiding or being where you weren't supposed to be. I was waiting for you to stop hiding in havens, particularly because you keep sending me annoying tells...
    4 scries there in 6 seconds, and that's not counting all the others I was getting, not just from you. Looking at the dictionary, that sure does define 'Constant'
    It's generally bad taste to quote yourself anyway.

To be fair, that's usually for people quoting their own jokes, people quote conversations they're part of where the humour isn't single-source on a frequent basis.

It'd be like if I quoted the awesome puns I torture Zyphora with, instead of giving her +likes material.

Edit: FU broken quotebox code, I beat your buggy programming!

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Karlach said:

To be fair, that's usually for people quoting their own jokes, people quote conversations they're part of where the humour isn't single-source on a frequent basis.

It'd be like if I quoted the awesome puns I torture Zyphora with, instead of giving her +likes material.

Except the fun bit of that quote was supposedly him sending tells to @Kelly, not the part where she was scrying him.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • You (generally) have to build up context to tell a joke. Look at Louis CK and Bill Burr. (Not everyone can be a one-liner guy like Dangerfield, Rickles, or Gaffigan)
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Louis CK went to elementary school with my mother. Truefax.
    Elanorwen said:
    Karlach said:

Except the fun bit of that quote was supposedly him sending tells to @Kelly, not the part where she was scrying him.
    It's not funny without the context, and in truth the fact she kept scrying him to his replies was funny. I actually assumed she was playing along.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• *facepalm*

This..

Is what im getting from this discussion of the terms of a joke and the basis of which it is or is not used as a quote within the forums....seriously...

-move on-
  • Can we please just get back to quotes.
  • inb4 threadlock.

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Munsy Smash
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Needs more frust.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Liseara has just left you message #1396.

Message #1396 sent by Lisaera (received: 2014/07/16 01:15:43)
       I've got the hots for tall, dark and handsome Shikypants, but I still have a thing for Fain. Do you think He'd mind?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Ah finally got to Icewynd! Let's take a look around:

Mountain pass to Climanti.
    Large snowflakes fall from the heavens.
    You see exits leading up and down.
    6072h, 5400m, 6000e, 10p, 23778en, 24401w Belrxkdb-u
    -------------- v24003 ---------------

[ ]-[ ]
                      |     \
                     [+]     [ ]
                                \
                                 [ ]-[ ]-

------------ -13:-4:-12 -------------
    Passing under the broken portcullis. (road).
    The air is filled with hundreds of dancing embers from a healing shrine of Yomoigu nearby. Banks of
    clouds roil about here. Large snowflakes fall from the heavens. There are 25 Forsaken warriors here.
    A group of rosehips lies here in a pile.
    You see exits leading north and down.
    A Forsaken warrior throws his head back and looses a deep, loud call.
    Your mind is suddenly battered by dozens of angry and shrieking voices, driving you to the ground.
    A Forsaken warrior quietly draws his blades before approaching you.

Well fuck...
  • Enadonalle was raiding the etherglom, where just I and Illidaen were able to defend. The hero of the story was:

Enadonella howls as a leprechaun hacks into her.

Enadonella has been slain by a leprechaun.

Enadonella has been crushed to death by a leprechaun.

Enadonella drops a stalk of faeleaf.

Enadonella drops the corpse of a Daughter of Night.

Enadonella drops a bunch of pennyroyal.

They're magically vicious.
  • Iari Damascene, of Saffron and Satin says to you, "Stop playing with it."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Master Quettle wiggles his rear around, as if he is trying to wag a tail.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
     Visiting Bards:  486

Well played, Glomdoring! :))
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Daraius said:
     Visiting Bards:  486

Well played, Glomdoring! :))
    Beauty Crown + Empowered bards = 9 points per bard.

FARMFARMFARMFARMFARMFARMFARMFARM

[8-hull, 10-power, no damage, 31205-will *x*](-37m, 0.4%) 
    The vortex below Avatar of Umbra [Night] suddenly collapses in on itself, forming a stream of pulsating energy which streaks down 
    onto the world below, blasting the energies within the Twisted Ring of Fallen Dreams.

No that's not a typo, god knows how I survived.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    It is pretty much all due to Magnagora; they chased Hammer, instead of letting it sit / recover / come back to snipe at you some more (they were trying very hard to pick you off and missed by one shot, which is pretty amusing).

That was some pretty great cooperation all around. :)
    edited July 2014
    I took hits to the grid instead of the hull while at 8 hp. I was sat there just wincing, determined to not unlock and see if I could luck it out.

Great co-operation but let's be honest, a huge stroke of luck that domoth mechanics made Facility a no contest.

Edit: Relevant quote

[8-hull, 10-power, no damage, 30548-will **]
    Methrenton's Hammer [Hammer] pounds Avatar of Umbra, hitting the empathic grid, which crackles and splutters.

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Pew pew ^-^