QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• Hmhmhmh... I assume somebody gave him mine? I am flattered I am part of the wholly trinity though. :D
  • He asked for you specifically. You should be flattered! Milo likes you.
    The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
    depression. I just wanted you to know that."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    That like is so strong, it almost got him obliterated by @Lisaera, though!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • edited August 2014
    When popping into an aethershop to buy something, my eyes were assaulted by this.

You portal to A Crystal Tower.
    Courtyard of a crystal tower.
    This location is flooded with shallow, crystal clear water. Crystals glitter buried amongst the living rock. A sign here suggests you READ SIGN! A rubber duck rests here flat upon the ground, squeaking occasionally. Tiny paws clutching his tummy, a pudgy, stuffed panda bear sits here. Tentacles trailing in brilliant tails, a sequined squid curio lies here. Glittering with myriad gemstones, a jewelled turtle hides here in his exquisite shell. A miniature candy mountain rises from the ground here, rock candy crystal formations glittering on its surface. Rising in an imposing mass of black iron, an iron cross stands here, radiating a miasma of dread and pain. Cracked and weathered, an onyx gargoyle sits here, looking forlorn. A ceramic puppy stands here at alert. Bobbing here pleasantly, a crystal sphere hums with energy as it floats upon an invisible cushion of air. A lacquered puzzle box has been left here, its glossy wood in danger of being soiled. The glittering boughs of a crystal tree refract and reflect all available light in brilliant, prismatic colours. A mischievous sock monkey capers about here, squeaking impishly. Daintily curled up in a ball, a glass kitten watches the world around her through a pair of large emerald eyes. A gilded music box rests nearby, playing a delicate tune at a low whisper. A miniature ivory skeleton dances about here to the rhythm of his own clinking bones. A delicate, enamelled teapot sits here, hiccuping occasionally as steam curls from her spout. Positioned in a cute bow, a ceramic fawn stands on nimble, long legs. A glimmering miniature of a snow phoenix rests upon the ground, wings unfurled majestically. Oiled and gleaming, an assembled, copper igasho leans against his axe. A ceramic death watch beetle skitters about, uttering a series of dire clicks as the colours upon her shell shift and flow. An alabaster fountain curio rests here amidst a spray of multi-hued energies. Coiled upon the ground is a miniature ruby dragon, tongues of fire washing over his form. An antiqued, gilt-framed looking glass hangs here upon thin air, its surface brightly reflecting its surroundings. A plump, stuffed teddy bear sits here, head canted at an angle as his button eyes gaze brightly ahead. An austere clock tower rises from the floor, ticking with unerring regularity. An aquamarine shark floats here upon the air. Floating a few feet above the ground, a small, delicate glass angel spins languidly around in graceful circles. You see a sign here instructing you to use the PORTAL command to enter the aetherplex system. You see a sign here instructing you that WARES is the command to see what is for sale.
    You see exits leading down (closed door) and in (closed door).

FARAGAN I THINK YOU HAVE A PROBLEM.

--------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • See, that's why I made an entire new manse for all my curios.
  • Ssaliss said:
    See, that's why I made an entire new manse for all my curios.
    Not helping your case there either!

Ladies and gentlemen, it is time for a curio intervention
  • It's only a small manse... 27 rooms is small, right?
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Ssaliss said:
    It's only a small manse... 27 rooms is small, right?
    Very..
  • Ssaliss said:
    It's only a small manse... 27 rooms is small, right?
    So tiny. Soo tinnnyy.

• :( My manse has three rooms.
  • edited August 2014
    Ardmore said:
    :( My manse has three rooms.
    My manse has five. But then, I still need to design all the rooms. Interior decorating is haaaaaaard.

EDIT: was Hazard autocorrect which also works.
    Retired.
  • I have six manses.. two of them with 100+ rooms, two more with 85+ rooms.. ya... >.> can I have my manses consolidated please?
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Chatoyant Telperion Eli'Silar, Testament of Truth (Male Demigod Changeling).
    You are startled by a flash of brilliant white light and the sound of angelic choirs amidst the sound of crashing waves. You are overcome with the urge to do selfless good and to seek the Light.

How far are we going to go with these laurels, guys?

• Persayis's laurel annoys me more than it should.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    All laurels annoy me. In fact, a great deal of the customization stuff annoys me, only because too many are freakishly long.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Siam Star-eyes(Male Tenebrous Demigod)
    You are:
    (a million afflictions)

KIDDING.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    I mean, I get it because that's what Elders do to their honours, but I think there's a line to be drawn.

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    I think Laurels were a terrible artifact, then again there is a worse artifact available right now. 
  • Everiine said:
    All laurels annoy me. In fact, a great deal of the customization stuff annoys me, only because too many are freakishly long.
    This makes me giggle a little because of your signature Everiine. <3
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I think my Laurels is fantastic

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Yours is fine, and somewhat funny.

Part of the problem (imo) is that there isn't any explicit consensus on what HONOURS are IC. Most of the laurels invoke some kind of IC response or effect, but the mechanism isn't clear. I have my own opinions on what the 'backstory' for honours (and MAP, and other such things) should be, but afaik, there is no official lore.
  • From HELP HONOURS:

By typing HONOURS <player> you may see some publically available information about that player.

Therefore, by explicit admin direction (help file), honours are basically what your character is known for as a public figure. Think BBC profiles for politicians or actors. No matter how in love with tea you are, I'm pretty sure you won't get the urge to prostrate yourself to the British flag when you look at Tony Blair's profile, so yeah, that laurels up there about serving the light? Out of line.

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Lerad said:
    From HELP HONOURS:

By typing HONOURS <player> you may see some publically available information about that player.

Therefore, by explicit admin direction (help file), honours are basically what your character is known for as a public figure. Think BBC profiles for politicians or actors. No matter how in love with tea you are, I'm pretty sure you won't get the urge to prostrate yourself to the British flag when you look at Tony Blair's profile, so yeah, that laurels up there about serving the light? Out of line.
    Pow!

Sand in your eyes!
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.