QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• Lerad said:
    From HELP HONOURS:

By typing HONOURS <player> you may see some publically available information about that player.

Therefore, by explicit admin direction (help file), honours are basically what your character is known for as a public figure. Think BBC profiles for politicians or actors. No matter how in love with tea you are, I'm pretty sure you won't get the urge to prostrate yourself to the British flag when you look at Tony Blair's profile, so yeah, that laurels up there about serving the light? Out of line.
    While that may be true, the act of HONOURS is what is being question. Do you sense the aether for this person and you read some magical threads about the person? Do you think about them and this 'honours' appears in your mind? I would say that, from an IC standpoint, there is something physical/mental about using the command and your character does/feels something when they do it.
  • My opinion (it's an opinion for sure, and not stated in the help files) is that entering the command of HONOURS is not an act your character metaphysically performs, but represents the availability of information about said person as-is. When I enter HONOURS, Lerad isn't flipping open a magical phonebook to look up his uncle's details, but rather, he's recalling "Oh yeah, he's a Bachelor of Science."

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Lerad said:
    No matter how in love with tea you are, I'm pretty sure you won't get the urge to prostrate yourself to the British flag when you look at Tony Blair's profile
    Says you.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited August 2014
    Alternately, the Library keep track of it and you lookup the info by sending a tell to Weeky, who knows everyone who is everyone. Scroll of Laurels is you having a magical copy of the scroll he uses, which changes your entry?
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Gabriella said:
    Everiine said:
    All laurels annoy me. In fact, a great deal of the customization stuff annoys me, only because too many are freakishly long.
    This makes me giggle a little because of your signature Everiine. <3
    It's not in game, it doesn't count :P . However, now that you mention it, if Ev ever got Laurels...
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I felt like Nienla and Vathael's were pretty well done, and should be a nice guideline to follow.
  • edited August 2014
    Meshwork of plants.
    A blizzard rages through the locale.
    A blizzard obscures your vision.

A shimmering power ripples through the sky and the clouds disperse slightly.
    (Glomdoring): Crek says, "The blizzard should be weakened now."

@Crek is awesome.
    Retired.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    But @Haezon is pretty awesome, too.

Haezon would like you to know that: Arrogance is wrong. And bad. There should be a new, stronger word for arrogance. Like badwrong, or badong. Yes, arrogance is badong. From this moment, I will stand for the opposite of arrogance: ecnagorra.

^Best message response I've seen in ages.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Tremula said:
    But @Haezon is pretty awesome, too.

Haezon would like you to know that: Arrogance is wrong. And bad. There should be a new, stronger word for arrogance. Like badwrong, or badong. Yes, arrogance is badong. From this moment, I will stand for the opposite of arrogance: ecnagorra.

^Best message response I've seen in ages.
    If you get the reference, ten points.
    Retired.
  • Centre of the Necropolis.
    A magnificent chandelier featuring the Magnagoran Pantheon hangs high overhead here, bathing the
    area in sable and sanguine light. Rising up from cracks in the floor, the Megalith of Doom towers
    above everything here, polluting the air with its foul fumes. The Keeper of the Megalith stands here
    radiating a tainted presence. There are 40 wights here. There are 3 gibbering ghouls here. There are
    2 grotesque ghasts here. There are 30 illithoid reavers here. Swirling eddies of chaotic ether dance
    around a marble shrine to Morgfyre that holds a crystal model of the planispheres. There are 3
    wights here. The shrouded form of a wight floats ominously in the air here. In the shape of an open
    palm, a metallic sigil lies here. Seditionist Vetala D'Cente is here. She wields a damning symbol of
    domination in her left hand and a runic greatshield of shadowy steel in her right.
    You see exits leading north, east, south, and west.

Well Dayum...someone's been busy
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Ardmore tells you, "I meant to itch your back, but somehow my hand ended up at my crotch."
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    Centre of the Necropolis.
    A magnificent chandelier featuring the Magnagoran Pantheon hangs high overhead here, bathing the area in sable and sanguine light. Rising up from the cracks in the floor, a statue of @Munsia towers above everything here, polluting the air with her foul fumes.

Someone (not gonna say who) had a bit of fun.

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    You are dismayed as a sleek beam generator turns to dust in your hands.
    Midnight shadows coalesce around a new day, and Mother Night embraces the land in utter darkness.
    It is now the 1st of Dvarsh, 390 years after the Coming of Estarra.

We've been through so much together. Alas.

The good news is that I can quote some lines that will only be seen every 250 days.

Fitting together carefully engineered plates of silver, you quickly but methodically construct a sleek beam generator. Deftly, you fill the resevoirs with reagents, tweaking the knobs and dials to very precise settings.

Deftly, your skilled hands bend high-grade silver into a cone, tempering the metal with your aerochemantic reagents to withstand extreme electrical force. With a satisfied grunt, you snap your focal tip onto the business end of your beam generator and prepare to bring ignorance to the masses.

The nerd in me is so happy

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Siam said:
    You sense the sweeping gaze of Vivet looking upon you.

squeeze pixie for vivet saying for the Economy!
    You gently squeeze a tiny pixie and it flits quickly away to visit Vivet.

With a loud yet playful whistle, a mechanical dirigible comes puttering in on currents of air, its 
    metallic claw grasping a platter of fried, smiling potato faces, which it quickly deposits in your 
    hands.

:x
    Never say I don't do anything for the hungry. That platter was my idea after nomming on some of those during my business trip last week. Still, designing kudos go to Vivet. :x

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.

4154h, 4512m, 3576e, 10p, 18340en, 19099w Bex-

Grizzly Munsia D'Cente, The Sharp Fanged sings, "I got the magic, in me."

4154h, 4512m, 3576e, 10p, 18340en, 19099w Bex-

You say to Munsia, "Is that why you dare not touch our tracks?"

4154h, 4512m, 3576e, 10p, 18340en, 19123w Bex-

Munsia puts her hands on her hips and says "Huh?"

4154h, 4512m, 3576e, 10p, 18340en, 19135w Bex-

Black smoke is released from the Megalith of Doom as it grows with power.

4154h, 4512m, 3576e, 10p, 18340en, 19159w Bex-

You say, "For fear of spontaneous magickal combustion in the form of alchemical transmutation, of course."

4154h, 4512m, 3576e, 10p, 18340en, 19165w Bex-

Munsia looks about in confusion.

4154h, 4512m, 3576e, 10p, 18340en, 19177w Bex-

You say, "In short, for fear of turning it into gold."

4154h, 4512m, 3576e, 10p, 18340en, 19177w Bex-

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Sheesh, Isune. Godmod much?  :P
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Portius is nothing if not resigned to his fate.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Oh god I forgot about the cake thing.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Daraius said:
    Sheesh, Isune. Godmod much?  :P
    She's a Goddess. One would think that's allowed. :P

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • (*): Arien (from the Ethereal Plane) says, "Can I make you not bored, by showing you my weird thing?"

O-ho?

--------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • I was told he was broken, excellent......