Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• Everiine said:
    My tweet: Two people in a row think Ev is a mean old bird :( .
    Are you saying he isn't?
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    :(:(:(:((
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Everiine said:

You are Gaudiguch, you're SUPPOSED to be meddling, conspiring, and going behind people's backs! Right? :D

My tweet: Two people in a row think Ev is a mean old bird :( .

mean lying birdy you

It's true, I really am you.
  • I hope market isn't thinking I am planning on hitting Gaudis with rocks >->

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    edited September 2014
    EDIT: Nevermind this, apparently it was changed already.
  • Altrea said:
    Probably. I'd rather not go into specifics, since that'd pretty much give away what I'm talking about. It's not a leadership issue, and I don't intend to get anybody replaced or anything. It's to do with the advancement system of the guild involved, and... one required task in particular that is non-intuitive, geared toward a specific type of player (and is fairly offputting to other types), is really nothing like anything I've seen at GR2 in any other guild, and by mention of the person who brought it up to me, even members of the leadership have apparently said they don't bother with it because they don't know how to deal with it. And as to your edit, Maligorn, the intent of my meddling was to track down the Administrator and bring it up to them.

EDIT: As for the CL weight thing, it would be stupid of me to say that it won't carry any weight, but I'd likely be doing this anyway even if I wasn't CL. I'm more concerned about the ethics of it, since... yeah, I'd rather not do something outright unethical here.
    Bad guild rank requirements aren't just bad for the guild or city, it's bad for the game in genreal.  Not unethical at all to get involved.
  • Akyaevin said:
    Steingrim said:
    I get that holy would be div. What I don't get is why it seems that all div is holy. Doesn't that argue that all gods are also holy?
    They are. Divinus is the energy of the Immanidivinus, the wellspring of divine power (among other things). The possible exception is those gods that drank the Elixir, which infected them with Soulless excorable energies.
    I think you're mistaking what is being said here. Why is Div considered as if it is holy in the sense of Celest? Yes, holy can be a term broad enough to automatically encompass anything related to a god. But Pious Energy and angelic motifs doesn't seem like a good expression when you start considering gods like Charune.
  • Altrea said:
    So, uh... hypothetical question here. How ethical/unethical is it to meddle in another guild's affairs when there's something occurring there that either falls under the purview of incompetence or malice and is, by the admission of some of the people affected, hurting the guild (and therefore city by extension)?
    Just invite a bunch of teenagers and their lisping loboshigaru buddy over and let them kids do the meddling for you.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    edited September 2014
    Altrea said:
    So, uh... hypothetical question here. How ethical/unethical is it to meddle in another guild's affairs when there's something occurring there that either falls under the purview of incompetence or malice and is, by the admission of some of the people affected, hurting the guild (and therefore city by extension)?
    My solution is to what I'm about to do. Just eradicate all the members. 

I'm mostly of the opinion that 90% of the Nihilist guild needs to move to Celestines to better suit their precepts, since that's obviously where half of them belong.

Also I swear to god if these robes sit waiting for approval for another RL month someone's gonna get yelled at....GIVE ME MY DAMN OUTFIT. 
  • Lol'd. Obviously. Look, a Munsia post. ^
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Sabelle said:
    Lol'd. Obviously. Look, a Munsia post. ^
    Hey look, it's one of those that needs to get out of my city...go cry to mommy now little girl.
  • edited September 2014
    haha kawaiiii ;;)

• edited September 2014
    Karlach said:
    A general polite reminder to the community as a whole, that there's not many people left these days. So if you could stop needlessly causing fights and arguments amongst yourselves with a view to driving others away, that'd be great.

Inspired by, but not entirely due to, the argument above.
    I definitely agree.  Numbers are dwindling.  Stop being silly and quit arguing/attacking with your own guild/city members.  You'll have nobody to play with then.

And won't you be sad.
  • Munsia's ideal Magnagora is a toxic place (no geomancy pun intended). There's a lot of cute rhetoric going around that "oh no she's changed, she's a lot easier to get along with and totally isn't running off people she doesn't like, I've always been a true Magnagoran (lol Veradin lol Gaudiguch) blah blah blah".

So keep needling her and keep not letting her have her way. One day, she'll show you how much she hasn't changed :P

• Karlach said:
    A general polite reminder to the community as a whole, that there's not many people left these days. So if you could stop needlessly causing fights and arguments amongst yourselves with a view to driving others away, that'd be great.

Inspired by, but not entirely due to, the argument above.
    Probably could've used this before Munsia made life for every Feyranti and Lillie too stressful to log on to :-/

• Silvanus said:

Also, on a side note, let's say d'Murani had 49 family members, made a deal with the d'Vanecu family head for them to pledge their loyalty to my house, and make me great house, and then d'Vanecu gets a new family head, backs out of the deal immediately, and you expect me not to do anything? Silvanus would hunt down every single family member of d'Vanecu to extinction, even if they are all technically my nephews and nieces.

In short, this is a game that is supposed to simulate a world with real consequences. If Munsia is acting out of line and against the laws of Magnagora, follow the proper procedure and report it. If you pledge your minor house to a major house, and then back out of the deal, expect consequences.
    She had a lot of restraint in all that.. I do not think anyone died just a lot of hate went around. well.. I guess she DID "save" @Ollie from that goat by accident.
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited September 2014
    Yeah, no. Give me a break, Silvanus. Real world consequences are fine and dandy, but this is ultimately a game, and Munsia has crossed the line several times in her past. I have no IC reason to go after Munsia. There is such a thing as going too far, and I consider making several people quit out of loss of enjoyment of a GAME to be going too far.

EDIT: It all goes back to what I keep telling all of you. Have some OOC temperance in your day to day activities. Hell, we're even canon in Lusternia's lore, thanks to Book of Meridian.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I think this is true of anyone - they can only negatively affect you and your gameplay as much as you allow them to.

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I feel if Munsia really was as out of line as you describe, the game administration would've done something about it.

Again, I would've done something about it if anyone would ever actually say something. But if no one ever says anything, than how is something supposed to be done?

And I don't understand what is so hard to snub someone if they are really bothering you, if it's harrassment, HELP HARRASSMENT.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Arimisia said:
    She had a lot of restraint in all that.. I do not think anyone died just a lot of hate went around. well.. I guess she DID "save" @Ollie from that goat by accident.
    Yeah. Are you really going to log into a game when you know someone's going to gripe, put you down, and act scathingly towards you the entire time you're online?

Maligorn said:
    Arimisia said:
    Yeah. Are you really going to log into a game when you know someone's going to gripe, put you down, and act scathingly towards you the entire time you're online?
    snub list
    You are snubbing:
    Ellara        Lok

Yes, especially because there was such an easy solution to my problem.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I do, every day. I call it 'being a viscanti'. :>

• Maligorn said:
    Arimisia said:
    have you forgotten Arimisia has been married to Munsia for over 2 RL years? I know her better than anyone else in this game.
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• W/e, it's your city. I can't tell you why people aren't reporting Munsia to you, Silvanus -- maybe they think you're in her pocket -- I honestly don't know, because I don't have a very active Magnagoran. But to ascribe it as the victim's responsibility to not feel bad when Munsia's harassing them is hypocritical and toxic. And to tell everyone to snub her is problematic, and you all know this.

• edited September 2014
    It's sad to see the community attack each other :( this is what I saw in an old MUD before it fell apart

I never said it wasn't the victim's responsibility to not feel bad.

I said it was their responsibility to do something about it.

When all else fails, issue or snub. It isn't hard.
  • Sorry -- I switched to talking to Lavinya in the middle of that. That observation was for her, whom I've seen be quite affected by Elanorwen and Caerlyr.

This discussion has been closed.