Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Handing in essence/killing essence-dropping creatures is also an easy one (you need to do a few rounds per ikon, I can't remember how many exactly - I want to say 3 or 4?).

Rikenfriez is also easy and gives an ikon every time.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Tacita said:
    Handing in essence/killing essence-dropping creatures is also an easy one (you need to do a few rounds per ikon, I can't remember how many exactly - I want to say 3 or 4?).

Rikenfriez is also easy and gives an ikon every time.
    If I remember the numbers correctly and I'm not 100% sure that I do, you need 100 points worth of stuff to generate an ikon, and each essence/kill is one point. These stack with any of the city quests (Like Hallifax's power quest, not sure if other orgs get points for theirs) or anything else that contributes to generating ikon.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Angkrag's easy little quest gives an ikon each time too.

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Daganev said:
    Oh, I really really like this idea. 
    Gain Prestige for
    • Doing village quests for villages you own
    • Doing commodity quests
    • Placing sigils
    • Carving totems
    • Killing enemies
    • empowering shrines within the city/commune/
    • Maintaing a demense on city/commune owned locations
    • Having books in the library
    • Having plays on the stage
    • Doing city/commune related quests
    • something else

Lose Prestige for:
    • Every day/month you lose some prestige on a constant basis
    • Dying
    • Losing an influence battle
    • something else
    Do what again? Just because someone is maintaining a demesne on location doesn't mean it's being useful and/or helpful. Next thing you know, you have 4 mages afk-ing in manses holding melds in your city during a raid and your main mage fighter is unable to meld quickly because they need to break and go through ascendant affinity to meld? No thanks.

Not sure where you were going with the sigils thing. I doubt that can easily be detected in code in the first place... I mean, I could be wrong there, but what's to stop someone dumping 100 palm sigils in one room and just being done with prestige for a good long while? Wrong idea.

You forgot statue upkeep for cities?

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • I thought a demesne is only active if the owner is within close proximity to it?

And yes I forgot statues.
    I would assume that the sigil thing would basically coded that if a flamed sigil is placed, and then it decays, whomever places the next flamed sigil gets a "point". No idea if that is possible to code or not, but that's what I was thinking at the time.
    Daganev said:
    I thought a demesne is only active if the owner is within close proximity to it?

And yes I forgot statues.
    I would assume that the sigil thing would basically coded that if a flamed sigil is placed, and then it decays, whomever places the next flamed sigil gets a "point". No idea if that is possible to code or not, but that's what I was thinking at the time.
    Effects within the meld only hit enemies in immediate proximity to the meld owner, yes, but you still need to break the meld itself if you want to meld over it.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Ok so change "Maintaing a demense" to "hit enemies with a demense"
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    If I buy an infinite tarot card artifact and have it set to hermit, how does it keep track of locations? Can it only be tuned to one location at a time, does the location reset after each use, is it preserved when you log out? I guess the question is whether it's one hermit with infinite uses or an infinite number of single-use hermits?
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Elanorwen said:
    Daganev said:
    Oh, I really really like this idea. 
    Gain Prestige for
    • Doing village quests for villages you own
    • Doing commodity quests
    • Placing sigils
    • Carving totems
    • Killing enemies
    • empowering shrines within the city/commune/
    • Maintaing a demense on city/commune owned locations
    • Having books in the library
    • Having plays on the stage
    • Doing city/commune related quests
    • something else

Lose Prestige for:
    • Every day/month you lose some prestige on a constant basis
    • Dying
    • Losing an influence battle
    • something else
    Do what again? Just because someone is maintaining a demesne on location doesn't mean it's being useful and/or helpful. Next thing you know, you have 4 mages afk-ing in manses holding melds in your city during a raid and your main mage fighter is unable to meld quickly because they need to break and go through ascendant affinity to meld? No thanks.

Not sure where you were going with the sigils thing. I doubt that can easily be detected in code in the first place... I mean, I could be wrong there, but what's to stop someone dumping 100 palm sigils in one room and just being done with prestige for a good long while? Wrong idea.

You forgot statue upkeep for cities?
    Not addressing whether it is wise to credit for these things. Generally most systems can be gamed to some point.

The meld one could have additional checks. Were enemies there, perhaps. Certainly could check if the mage was there. But I agree even that has a high chance of being gamed. Could require attacking enemies.

The sigil situation could be avoided by checking the number of sigils, or last time they were placed, etc.

True, no one is ever going to get credit for every little thing they do in game, but I also don't see that as needed for a system to add something to the game.

As a side note should something like prestige work out, it could even be tied to voting to give a better representation of activity.

The flip side is more feedback to new and casual players. What I personally would like to see at minimum are ways for casual players and newbies to feel useful.

As an example, village influencing for feelings. This is something that even pretty new players could do, but there's virtually no feedback in game and few players find it rewarding.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Well, that, and the likelihood of at best getting tossed out of the village by the controlling org, at worst just getting killed.
  • Portius said:

If I buy an infinite tarot card artifact and have it set to hermit, how does it keep track of locations? Can it only be tuned to one location at a time, does the location reset after each use, is it preserved when you log out? I guess the question is whether it's one hermit with infinite uses or an infinite number of single-use hermits?

Should be the card can be tuned to one location at a time, clears on use. I'm not at home so I can't check to make certain, though.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • How can I use my pyramid puzzle to get out of hte underdark, or do I need something else?
  • Daganev said:
    How can I use my pyramid puzzle to get out of hte underdark, or do I need something else?
    could always teleport to someone on prime or use a travel ability (milestones, nest return, tarot, etc.)
  • edited September 2014
    If you have a pyramid puzzle then you use it as you always would: PYRAMID SET in a room (such as your nexus room, assuming it doesn't have a monolith), then PYRAMID SOLVE to transport yourself to that room.

If you have a transplanar prism (or cubix): it needs an outdoors room, so you can't use it down there.

EDIT: Can't be nexus room due to special restrictions, but rest applies!
  • Akyaevin said:

If you have a pyramid puzzle then you use it as you always would: PYRAMID SET in a room (such as your nexus room, assuming it doesn't have a monolith), then PYRAMID SOLVE to transport yourself to that room.

If you have a transplanar prism (or cubix): it needs an outdoors room, so you can't use it down there.
    Hmm, when I tried to go from ixichiga (sp?) To angkrag it said it was too far away. I had to tesseract to someone on ethereal and couldn't teleport to a person in glomdoring.
  • The undervault is a different continent, so you can teleport to someone in Prime Glom if your planar is high enough. Actually, I can't remember if there was such a restriction, or but my impression is that teleporting to a person is supposed to be possible.

Other ways you can get out of the undervault include using demigod ascend to havens, or teleporting to Mother Night Bubble (which you have the ability to do if you are a Nightwraith, just TELEPORT NIGHT) and then using the Shadow Glass there to get back to Prime Glom. You can also walk to the actual, proper exits, or use the hunting pathways (you'll have access if you're a Tracker).

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    You can't teleport to your nexus if you're off-continent, but people does still work, yes!

• Lies, fairy tails, fantasy, and cooch popping..... The lies you tell..and here's a stadium so you can have several seats....
    Lerad said:
    The undervault is a different continent, so you can teleport to someone in Prime Glom if your planar is high enough. Actually, I can't remember if there was such a restriction, or but my impression is that teleporting to a person is supposed to be possible.

Other ways you can get out of the undervault include using demigod ascend to havens, or teleporting to Mother Night Bubble (which you have the ability to do if you are a Nightwraith, just TELEPORT NIGHT) and then using the Shadow Glass there to get back to Prime Glom. You can also walk to the actual, proper exits, or use the hunting pathways (you'll have access if you're a Tracker).
    Teleport was split into basic and advanced teleport. The advanced version is the one that lets you teleport to players/constructs/similar. If you don't have it, getting out of UV isn't going to work. That said, the person in question has tesseract, so I'd assume they also have adv. teleport... but no idea beyond that.

• KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Backstreet's back, alright.

But really, I was starting to feel irrelevant. My vote weight is 6 for god sake!
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Kelly said:
    Backstreet's back, alright.

But really, I was starting to feel irrelevant. My vote weight is 6 for god sake!
    You still kind of are...
  • It seems I cant find logs from the last ascension event. Would anyone have a log of the last knowledge quiz?
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    You are imbued with lingering novamist for another 27 minutes.

So sad. :(
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • It was fun 'til like half of our combatants had to quit. Mostly fun!

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    It was a good one, pretty even overall I think

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Are there any numbers for how much damage the Divinus whip does compared to say a Bardiche with 180 damage and 18 strength?
    My weapon is currently hitting about every 3 seconds, and I'm trying to understand why a 3.5 second whip is better :)
  • Because everything worth bashing is hilariously weak to divinus. See: everything on Astral, dominators in Lirangsha, gars in the catacombs...
  • Marcella said:
    Because everything worth bashing is hilariously weak to divinus. See: everything on Astral, dominators in Lirangsha, gars in the catacombs...
    Sorry, I'm a numbers person.  Is the difference like 50% less hits?
  • Whip is slower but does far more damage due to the weakness system. I dunno if there are any exact numbers but it boils down to people clearing areas faster with whip than with a weapon. Especially when things start having stuff like cutting resists. Borrow one from someone and time your run of an area with either and you'll see for sure. It becomes far more outspoken when you have the basher script and some arties like a crit rune. Saving up for a level 2 rune atm myself. Everything dies <3 Will eventually also get a fire whip for maximum efficiency.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Rialorm said:
    Whip is slower but does far more damage due to the weakness system. I dunno if there are any exact numbers but it boils down to people clearing areas faster with whip than with a weapon. Especially when things start having stuff like cutting resists. Borrow one from someone and time your run of an area with either and you'll see for sure. It becomes far more outspoken when you have the basher script and some arties like a crit rune. Saving up for a level 2 rune atm myself. Everything dies <3 Will eventually also get a fire whip for maximum efficiency.
    If I was running bashing scripts that optimized my time between rooms, switching targets, and killing 50-100 monsters per run, I can understand how every little difference matters.

However, the odds of me doing that is low.  So unless I'm switching from like 6 hits per monster to 3 or 4 hits per monster, I personally won't feel the difference.

Which is why I like to know numbers, so I can use the information to fit how I'm actually going to play rather than some hypothetical ideal.   I'll try asking the 2 or 3 people I tend to see when I'm logged in if I can try the whip to figure out the numbers, (Good to know I can borrow the whip and try)  and when I do I'll post the answer here, but if someone can get to it before me, I'd appreciate that :)
This discussion has been closed.