Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    @Rivius, I think the difference is that the seeing stone is a QL of their room, and the window is a LOOK at them, not their room at all.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Rivius said:
    What's the difference between a portable window and a seeing stone?
    From what I read on the tooltip, seeing stone describes the room, the portable window lets you see someone as in "LOOK AT #Name" from a distance.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Portius said:
    For the mushrooms, is it that buying the mushroom means that fink/gnome will always be an option for you if you have a cameo, or that if you have a cameo they'll always be an option regardless of if you buy a mushroom or not?

The former, already tried.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Xenthos said:
    Maligorn said:
    It's so strange to see the kephera village in Magnagoran hands and the illithoid in Celest's.
    According to Celest's laws, they have to let Magnagora get and keep the geomycus (they cannot keep slaves).  It always amuses me when things like this happen, rather more than it should (see also: Estelbar owned by Glomdoring, and Acknor by Celest).
    Celest does not actually have a law against slavery! They just have a policy of not letting the orcs of Acknor enslave the furrikin of Estelbar, in particular. On the basis that Acknor is full of tainted mutants who murder people for funzies, while Estelbar is full of peaceful and caring furrikins. So, while that particular instance of slavery is banned (and so would any other excessively abusive form), there's no law requiring citizens to not try to steal geomycuses from Ptoma.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    How has nobody commented on the 75cr remove-a-rune artifact?  I would think a lot of you would absolutely adore that option (it's far cheaper than pliers).
  • Xenthos said:
    How has nobody commented on the 75cr remove-a-rune artifact?  I would think a lot of you would absolutely adore that option (it's far cheaper than pliers).
    Because this is Tweets. Karlach raved about it in the Raves thread.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited September 2014
    o Obsidian Runestone (75cr)
     - Set to specific runestone type (1/month)
     - Infinite uses of that runestone type
    o Throbbing Mote (75cr)
    - Set to specific mote type (1/month)
     - Infinite uses of that mote type

Did we just give people infinite haegl/memoryloss? :(

What happens if a chemwood fuses one of these to their weapon?

o Bladed Diamonut (150cr)
     - Allows gunners to spawn a vortex on the ship's current location.

Ahhhhh I love this though

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Does anyone know if the bladed diamonut has limits? Once per day, power cost, anything? It sounds too good to be true.
  • Vivet said:
    Does anyone know if the bladed diamonut has limits? Once per day, power cost, anything? It sounds too good to be true.
    I bought one we could go test it I suppose
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• edited September 2014
    alright, I have the obsidian runestone... ... Now how the hell am I supposed to switch it to a specific rune type?

Edit: the syntax is TOUCH <runestone number> <rune type>, apparently.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Hmm... obsidian runestone doesn't seem to work with fusing, which is something of a disappointment... I really think that the runestone should be able to take the place of the rune in any application regardless of how many of the rune are needed, but there's probably something in the code that limits that from happening.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Trust me, it's a good thing. Else I would fuse a memoryloss mote to my generator and have forever-blackout on my target.

• Some of the details (like syntax, fuse not working on the runestone, etc.) are noted in the help files, but dind't seem to make it to the announce post.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • Actually, if you don't already have enough memoryloss motes to upkeep forever-blackout on your target over the course of a fight, you're not stocked up properly as a combatant. There is only one acceptable reason for running out of a pre-prepared resource in combat: the combat lasted so long as to deplete a full store completely. If you ran out because you were running low before, and did not restock, then you are not prepared enough.

My opinion is that the runestones/motes should be allowed to be used to be fused into all the chem/wood weapons, but they should only last as long as a normal fuse of that type - ie, you need to spend balance to fuse again after however many hits. As an artifact, these should allow a person to never need to make those motes/runestones ever again, and never run the risk of running out, but they should not allow a combatant to bypass any appropriate balance costs. As long as those are in place, there is absolutely nothing unbalancing about these artifacts. If they don't work with fusing, it's a bad thing, not a good thing. Credits were spent for these artifacts, and they should work as they were intended to be: it makes absolutely zero, zilch, sense, that a person who bought a runestone and tuned it for haegl will still need to make haegl runes to fuse.

• They don't work for embedding/fusing were omitted for the time-being because of some mechanical issues, will be updated some time this week.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • The thing about that is that there is a certain amount of preparation due in a chemwood weapon, as each weapon can hold up to 6 motes/runes. So once you deplete those 6, you would need to fuse and attack on each balance, interchanging. That's not optimal. The mote being able to be fused into 6 uses for just one balance (as you're seeming to imply, unless you're implying the fuse and then attack paradigm) is strange to me, unless the fuse balance is really short. Which I will freely admit to not knowing!

• I don't know how fusing the chem weapons work, but the artifact should not change how many fuse actions are needed at any stage. It should simply allow the artifact user to never have to create the rune/mote in question again. So if you needed to do the fuse action 6 times to fully set up a chem weapon normally, you should have to do so with the artifact - you just don't have to do the additional step of actually making the runestone beforehand. Similarly, if you have to fuse and attack and fuse and attack et al once the six charges are down normally, you should have to do so as well with the artifact - the artifact should not give you a way to bypass normal balance or equilibrium costs.

As long as that is the case, there is no change in the status quo of balance, and therefore no reason to restrict artifact runestones/motes from being used for fusing of any kind. For players who never bought the artifact, they simply have to make sure they have created enough motes/runestones to last them for however long the battle lasts. Running out of such resources in the middle of combat should not be a concern if you prepared enough stores beforehand.

• I think I understand what you mean, and retract my concern thus.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited September 2014
    Uh, woodchems can fuse up to 10 motes/runes on a single balance to their weapons.

EDIT: @Maligorn's comments. I agree, this is why I might consider buying the mote (to save on power) and not the infinirune (because who cares about the comms).
  • I want to build a gnomeman
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Why am I such a hardcore procrastinator.  :|
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • For some reason, praying "devoutly" to a Divine outside of Glomdoring makes me feel like a heretic

It's true, I really am you.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia

Naime said:
    For some reason, praying "devoutly" to a Divine outside of Glomdoring makes me feel like a heretic
    Send them letters instead, problem solved ;)

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Daraius said:
    Why am I such a hardcore procrastinator.  :|
    Ushaara infected you.

Filled with nostalgia and wistfulness after reading some awesome old logs. Come baaaaaaaack @Morgfyre! :(

• How doe the feedbags work? I seem to be only able to put in 2 feed items at a time is that correct?  How many feed items will I need to get the 600 trains available?  How often do I need to refill the bag if they are in the stable?  Is there a way to increase the size of the feedbag?
    A full feedbag is 4 feeds, and it will eat 1 per hour. When it's in the stable it won't go hungry, but you will get the message when you bring it out that the bag is empty and needs to be refilled. You can give one reagent for every 2 feeds consumed. So, it can take a decent amount of time to train up a beast, waiting for it to eat its fill, but you'll get there!

• Lavinya said:

A full feedbag is 4 feeds, and it will eat 1 per hour. When it's in the stable it won't go hungry, but you will get the message when you bring it out that the bag is empty and needs to be refilled. You can give one reagent for every 2 feeds consumed. So, it can take a decent amount of time to train up a beast, waiting for it to eat its fill, but you'll get there!

Just to make sure I understand. It's 2 hours per ten trains, and I can refill every 4 hours. So 120 hours to get max trains? And I have to do that within 286 hours?
    You don't have a time limit in which you must have the beast fed and trained. Adult beasts can still be trained and fed and imbued.

• Daganev said:

Just to make sure I understand. It's 2 hours per ten trains, and I can refill every 4 hours. So 120 hours to get max trains? And I have to do that within 286 hours?
    After one hour passes, your beast will eat 1 feed. That leaves three in the bag. You can then put 1 new feed into it to top it off. The feeds are eating in first in first out order.

Also note that you can send the beast to the stables with ordering it to eat from the feedbag. It will eat from the bag for four hours and then switch to stable feeding. When you get it out of the stables you will be notified the feedbag is empty and you can fill it again.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
This discussion has been closed.