Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• Tavon said:
    I may be coming back. Haven't decided yet...

Welcome back!

It's true, I really am you.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I miss Lusternia a lot, however I can't be around as much as I want to for the next couple of weeks.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Tacita said:
    That awkward moment where you get scried in Lisaera's fulcrux and have to explain yourself.

Ummmmm.
    And you know, I had so many theories about why it was taking so long for you to respond... that wasn't one of them!

Awkward.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • Conflict is hard, but it is at least more satisfying than complaining...
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • Kethaera said:
    Conflict is hard, but it is at least more satisfying than complaining...
    Im rather enjoying the current one. Has some interesting RP elements to it
  • hmm, part of wishes the Trade Ministry was a bit more of an enticing/attractive role.

• It's probably right up there with Chancellor in exciting-ness. Although I guess both of them are what you make of them.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I have a question. Entirely a curiosity thing with no real effect on anything, too.

Why are there so many separate rifts? We've got the normal one, and then the tarot rift, gemrift, and all the others with slightly different commands for each one. Why isn't there just one rift that holds everything?
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Part of that is legacy, afaik. They don't all work exactly the same way, and used to be tied more intimatly to their spawning item than they currently are. I bet, before the current iterations of rifts, they didn't use a rift like system at all.
  • Enyalida said:
    Part of that is legacy, afaik. They don't all work exactly the same way, and used to be tied more intimatly to their spawning item than they currently are. I bet, before the current iterations of rifts, they didn't use a rift like system at all.
    It was more along the lines of pocketbelts, yes (ah... pocketbelts, how I miss thee).
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    This time stamp stuff looks awkward right now on gtells and such when it's not set for everything...
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Sooooo, are we supposed to get a new promo for September, or are we stuck with the Wakabidrome until the middle of the month via extension?
  • It's so strange to see the kephera village in Magnagoran hands and the illithoid in Celest's.

• We've had Ptoma for ilke ever though
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited September 2014
    Maligorn said:
    It's so strange to see the kephera village in Magnagoran hands and the illithoid in Celest's.
    According to Celest's laws, they have to let Magnagora get and keep the geomycus (they cannot keep slaves).  It always amuses me when things like this happen, rather more than it should (see also: Estelbar owned by Glomdoring, and Acknor by Celest).
  • Yeah, it's pretty brutal. I'm sure there's a way to justify slaves in the Light though, if they wanted to.

• as they say, mechanics > RP.

Im just glad that in Angkrag Mechanics and RP are fused there since they are undead and only undead can influence...undead.
    Maligorn said:
    Yeah, it's pretty brutal. I'm sure there's a way to justify slaves in the Light though, if they wanted to.
    Once upon a time it would have been easier to make that justification, but then they got a special mob-prog coded in for them that allowed them to set the orcs of Acknor to be non-slave-holders.  Once that was specifically coded in for them to use, it pretty much locked them into the "no slaves" mindset.

I find it kind of unfortunate really, I think that the potential discussions about the merits of slavery "for the Light" could have allowed for some good roleplay (and if they decided not to stick with slaves, they would just need to... not gather slaves, there was no need for a specific game change that set them on a single path devoid of the RP opportunities that previously existed).
    Arcanis said:
    as they say, mechanics > RP.

Im just glad that in Angkrag Mechanics and RP are fused there since they are undead and only undead can influence...undead.
    A thing was coded in so that you can clear the undead from Angkrag too, if you win it... which again, really puzzles me.  It really does feel like eliminating the roleplay of the situation for the sake of convenience. :/
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Xenthos said:
    Arcanis said:
    as they say, mechanics > RP.

A thing was coded in so that you can clear the undead from Angkrag too, if you win it... which again, really puzzles me.  It really does feel like eliminating the roleplay of the situation for the sake of convenience. :/
    Makes me wonder if there's an alternative where you can spread the undead to Rockholm and Southgard if Magnagora hold all three.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• edited September 2014
    Credit sale :-?

I think I can figure out my PayPal password

hopefully

It's true, I really am you.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    What's the difference between a portable window and a seeing stone?
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Gnomes and Finks are going to be awesome in Aetherhunts.

That base intellect though... jesus.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• The loremaster in me finds it disgusting that there isn't an event involved with gnomes and finks being able to be adventurers now, and that it's just instead 'halol mushroom of being a race'. Are they ACTUALLY shards of agnomenom and fininkora, or does the mushroom just give them the body , or... MY RP HEAD HURTS.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    edited September 2014
    For the mushrooms, is it that buying the mushroom means that fink/gnome will always be an option for you if you have a cameo, or that if you have a cameo they'll always be an option regardless of if you buy a mushroom or not?

Also are fink/gnome racehats going to be things at any point?

EDIT: Third question, do the infinite tarot cards mean that there's a chance of a similar artifact for infinite chem reagents of a type happening?
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
This discussion has been closed.