Simple Ideas

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Dys said:
    Lack of shoes and underwear leave you disadvantaged on the battlefield..?

I'm missing something important here, I think.
    Doesn't underwear give extra things that might get ripped off instead of your armour if you have vestiphobia? A bit niche, admittedly.
    Does Vestiphobia allow you to rip off your underwear through your armour?

That's dedication.  Probably stings just a bit, too.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    edited December 2012
    Xenthos said:
    Dys said:
    Lack of shoes and underwear leave you disadvantaged on the battlefield..?

I'm missing something important here, I think.
    Doesn't underwear give extra things that might get ripped off instead of your armour if you have vestiphobia? A bit niche, admittedly.
    Does Vestiphobia allow you to rip off your underwear through your armour?

That's dedication.  Probably stings just a bit, too.
    Yes. I've come out of spars only to realize I magically pulled off my bra before. Multiple times more than any other article of clothing, actually, now that I think of it...

Good thing I'm a telekinetic! Few things are more crippling than a lack of proper support in battle.

(EDIT: hahahah PSI ID MINDBRA. It's one letter off!)
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited January 2013
    I would really like to be able to put things on tables, especially food. Maybe 20 items on a large table, and 5 on a small?
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • While you're coding that in, admin, make it possible to put players on a table with the syntax too. Have it force the player you're putting on the table to sit on it. /sagenod

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    We have the candybox, flowerpot/garden and fountain that produce unique items - what about something for the health conscious? A fruit bowl! Generates different fruits like the candies generate. Not everyone likes to snack on candy, what about a crisp green apple? A bunch of grapes? (Eventru's harem can feed them to him).

• Can we add the direction to drapes, so when we look we can see which wall they are covering?

As it stands now, it is like this:

The Hall of the Danse Macabre.
    There are 2 cog-filled benches of blackened wood and glass here. A delicate, serpent-wrapped amaranth sconce has been fixed to the wall here, giving subtle light. There are 2 charcoal grey drapes with garnet embellishments here.

Instead, I think it would be better to have it like this:

The Hall of the Danse Macabre.
    There are 2 cog-filled benches of blackened wood and glass here. A delicate, serpent-wrapped amaranth sconce has been fixed to the wall here, giving subtle light. There are charcoal grey drapes with garnet embellishments on the western and eastern wall here.

Same thing for tapestries. When you create them, you have to say what direction they are made already. But when you look,
    I think it would be better for it to mention which wall it is covering, so you don't try to put two tapestries to the south for instance.
  • I would love if there was some way that elections could be fast-tracked, should there be no other opponents. 
  • The problem with that is that people can enter an election at any point of it, AFAIK. So even if there is no competition right now doesn't always mean there won't be later.
    I was under the impression that once it opens for voting, people outside of the ballot are unable to contest. If that's the case, then I agree it would be a nice change.

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    Eritheyl said:
    I was under the impression that once it opens for voting, people outside of the ballot are unable to contest. If that's the case, then I agree it would be a nice change.
    Nope, you can join it at any time, even with 0 days left on it.
    Xenthos said:
    Eritheyl said:
    Nope, you can join it at any time, even with 0 days left on it.
    Well, that's sort of stupid! Why the wait time until voting opens, then? :/

-

• My guesses:

As to why people can join at any time, it can be a bit... daunting to join an election. I'm not sure how long the time from contesting to the election opening is, but I think it's something like 48 hours, which might be too narrow a window if someone wants to think it through.

As to why that period exists to start with, I'm guessing it's to have the initial contestants off on a roughly equal footing; they have their 48 hours (or however long it is) to make their initial posts to try to sway the early voters. If that period didn't exist, it'd probably give an advantage to the first contestant since people would place their vote down immediately on the only person running and then tune the election out.
  • Remember some elections close out if there aren't enough contentions (I think you need 2 contestants for CL if there's an incumbent).

Definitely can join at any time though
  • Oh, and one more reason why joining an ongoing election is a good idea (taken from something that actually happened in a guild):

Person A had a seat. Wasn't that active, so he was contested by person B. The 48 hours passed, and a small discussion started, where person B said something so bad that person C took offence to it in a big way, and basically chewed poor B out about it and joined the election himself. The end result was that C won the election hands-down.

So yes, joining an ongoing election is a good thing. It doesn't even change much; if people were unable to do that, they'd just contest the winner once the election ended anyway if they felt that strongly about it.
  • Not sure if this is already possible. But allow the owner of a manse (specifically ship) to set perms for whistling. Ie. if you own an aethership, you can set a list of names who can whistle your ship if they own the whistle arti.

• I still haven't heard back if anything like this existed yet, but I thought I'd stick it here while it is fresh on my mind:

Let's have a way to request change of lock and new keys for guild tutor shops.

This can be done from the org locksmith like any other shop, but instead of the shop name, simply have the tutor's name instead. Such as:

REQUEST KEY FOR OSIERTI

This command could be reserved for use by the GM/GA, or only the GA, whichever is deemed most appropriate. After that, it can either appear in the HELP about keys, or be added to the guild privs so that it is explicitly obvious that it can be done.

I think this would help out a lot, especially since it's kind of awkward to ask a patron about ICly.
    New keys should be doable if the key is made with the mark of the GM; then the GM can just make keys as needed.

Being able to change locks would be great though.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    We had this issue recently, the two keys in existance belonged to Nariah and Reginaldus(sp?), neither of whom have played in a very long time, so we couldn't even copy a key without Patron assistance. Thankfully now I have a key with my name, but it would be nice to be able to change locks without having to harass your patron.

• Eritheyl said:
    I would really like to be able to put things on tables, especially food. Maybe 20 items on a large table, and 5 on a small?
    And some on a desk too!
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    We had this issue recently, the two keys in existance belonged to Nariah and Reginaldus(sp?), neither of whom have played in a very long time, so we couldn't even copy a key without Patron assistance. Thankfully now I have a key with my name, but it would be nice to be able to change locks without having to harass your patron.
    This is currently the case with the Celestines guildshop, the key as far as I know has Eventrus mark, so at present there is only the one key which needs to be passed between the guildmaster and guild admin - thankfully there has not been much need, but it was a little surprising when we tried to get a copy made so we both had one and were unable to do it in the city locksmith
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • edited January 2013
    Kagato said:

Lavinya said:

This is currently the case with the Celestines guildshop, the key as far as I know has Eventrus mark, so at present there is only the one key which needs to be passed between the guildmaster and guild admin - thankfully there has not been much need, but it was a little surprising when we tried to get a copy made so we both had one and were unable to do it in the city locksmith
    Pray to Eventru Dear Exalted Lord On High, Most Sacred Elder, Heir To The First World and Most Blessed Elder, Guardian of the Light and Watcher Over Our Most Holy Supernals, Sacred Guide for the Holy City of New Celest, Loving Mate of the Sidereal Prince, Rapturous Light, August Father, Pious Elder King, Blazing Star of the Pantheon, Holy Warmth of Our Hearts, Radiant Lord of the Light, and all around nice guy, if you'd make our guild shop key (#666) have our GM's mark on it, that'd be swell.
  • Eventru said:
    Heir To The First World...Pious Elder King
    Woah woah woah, what? No. :(

And yeah, I spend most of my logged in time hoping people will ask me to do simple Patron things for them. We really don't mind if you ask for things.

Zvoltz said:
    Eventru said:

And yeah, I spend most of my logged in time hoping people will ask me to do simple Patron things for them. We really don't mind if you ask for things.
    Are you running for the job?
  • Zvoltz said:

Eventru said:

Simple things like that are really easy...

Unlike Zvoltz however, I do not sit around waiting for the sniveling, needy masses of Celest to come hollerin'. Papa is busy.
  • Please change clothing so that it is displayed on LOOK in the order put on rather than the order it entered your inventory. This will be super helpful for my OCD and not having to drop and re-pickup all my clothes to get them to display in the order I want.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited January 2013
    In Lusternia we can only ever have 1 reflection at a time. From what I understand, the current messages are from achaea which allows for multiple. The messages all seem to imply that you can have more than one as well, which as far as I know isn't the case in Lusternia. These are the lines:

One of your reflections has been destroyed! You have 0 left.

Enyalida Zayah stands here with the wind whipping furiously at her form.  She is surrounded by one reflection of herself.

DEF - You are surrounded by one reflection of yourself.

I was wondering if we could change these to be more Lusternia-specific. Unless of course, we intend to make spells that allow for more than one reflection in the future.
    I feel like years ago I saw myself with multiple reflections... my first sword swing would drop me to one, second would remove the second.

But this was only when a mage cast it on me.

At the time I was a newbie though, maybe it got changed. It would've been before I was an envoy though, I don't recall it being submitted.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Xenthos said:
    I feel like years ago I saw myself with multiple reflections... my first sword swing would drop me to one, second would remove the second. But this was only when a mage cast it on me. At the time I was a newbie though, maybe it got changed. It would've been before I was an envoy though, I don't recall it being submitted.
    I do believe it was changed years ago. I vaguely recall seeing logs of people with multiple reflections.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    Rivius said:
    In Lusternia we can only ever have 1 reflection at a time. From what I understand, the current messages are from achaea which allows for multiple. The messages all seem to imply that you can have more than one as well, which as far as I know isn't the case in Lusternia. These are the lines:

One of your reflections has been destroyed! You have 0 left.

Enyalida Zayah stands here with the wind whipping furiously at her form.  She is surrounded by one reflection of herself.

DEF - You are surrounded by one reflection of yourself.

I was wondering if we could change these to be more Lusternia-specific. Unless of course, we intend to make spells that allow for more than one reflection in the future.
    I've thought about this so, SO many times, but never cared enough to speak up. For this, I thank you.

-

• Please let completing an achievement give an ikon, other than the novice ones!