Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• Shaddus said:
    Oh, the joys of waking an older character and having to go through your enemy and allies list.

(m&m): Have 75 new names - going to check them.

crap.
    What a slut.
    Retired.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Apparently I thought Egran was super hot.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Credits currently available for purchase:
        1180 credits at 15000 gold per credit.
          40 credits at 17000 gold per credit.
           1 credits at 18000 gold per credit.
         239 credits at 26000 gold per credit.
          30 credits at 30000 gold per credit.
          44 credits at 50000 gold per credit.
          19 credits at 59995 gold per credit.
    Total credits for sale: 1553 shown (1553 total)  (Average sale price: 15000)

:O This has to happen -after- I use my gold :(
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    That's one incredibly good Samaritan.
  • edited October 2014
    Syrennia said:
    Credits currently available for purchase:

ALL HAIL CAMBERRE, SAVIOUR OF THE CREDIT MARKET! (And here we see why it ended up becoming so expensive, reselling just for 2000 profit.)
    Retired.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Bah. Some of us liked credits being expensive.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Synkarin said:
    Who in their right mind would like credits being expensive, that just hurts everyone
    The people with credits to sell.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Synkarin said:
    Who in their right mind would like credits being expensive, that just hurts everyone
    People who get free credits from things, and want gold. And those never buy credits from the market
    Those of us who accumulate a ridiculous number of org credits and who want to exchange them for other things very much like high credit prices. As a specific example, my mine thing is selling credits and buying goldentonics. This is because the combination of my writing speed and Hallifax's library rewards results in a situation where it is more efficient for my to write for an hour and then bash for an hour with a tonic up than it is to just bash for two straight hours. I get the same XP either way, but if I write and bash I also have excess credits, since the cost of a tonic is less than the income from writing. Lowering the price of credits means that each tonic costs me more credits, which lowers the total gains over just bashing.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Gold is so much easier to come across tbh...
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Just read @Tsianina's background.

I can't write that well.

All interest lost.

I don't want to do that task anyway.
    Writing is a skill like any other, @Selenity. If you you want to learn to write that well, all it takes is practice and some time spent studying various styles and genres. If you ask for guidance about specific writing things here, you're pretty likely to get it.
    Portius said:
    Writing is a skill like any other, @Selenity. If you you want to learn to write that well, all it takes is practice and some time spent studying various styles and genres. If you ask for guidance about specific writing things here, you're pretty likely to get it.
    I have spent time studying various styles of writing!... just not many prose-ish styles. Of the prose ones, Fantasy, Science-Fantasy, and "reference-y" books (not that those count as prose necessarily).

As for asking for help, I've already made three threads since making my account, I feel like I'm starting to get very annoying. ._. Maybe I'll ask for help in a week, when I'm less likely to be viewed as making too many threads / being thread-happy. Thank you for the suggestions though!
  • Haezon said:
    Syrennia said:

ALL HAIL CAMBERRE, SAVIOUR OF THE CREDIT MARKET! (And here we see why it ended up becoming so expensive, reselling just for 2000 profit.)

Selling a stack for cheaper technically will not save a market. It will only be seen as an easy opportunity to make a bigger bundle off of credit reselling. The only way the credit market would go down is if somehow gold accumilation was hit...not to say that it currently is a bad thing.

As an example, current market is now:

15 credits at 22999 gold per credit.
          20 credits at 23000 gold per credit.
          21 credits at 24000 gold per credit.
           3 credits at 24997 gold per credit.
          73 credits at 24998 gold per credit.
          50 credits at 24999 gold per credit.
         249 credits at 26000 gold per credit.

Thus, we are naturally back where we started.
  • Arcanis said:
    Haezon said:
    Syrennia said:

Selling a stack for cheaper technically will not save a market. It will only be seen as an easy opportunity to make a bigger bundle off of credit reselling. The only way the credit market would go down is if somehow gold accumilation was hit...not to say that it currently is a bad thing.

As an example, current market is now:

15 credits at 22999 gold per credit.
          20 credits at 23000 gold per credit.
          21 credits at 24000 gold per credit.
           3 credits at 24997 gold per credit.
          73 credits at 24998 gold per credit.
          50 credits at 24999 gold per credit.
         249 credits at 26000 gold per credit.

Thus, we are naturally back where we started.

I know, which makes me sad, and I was joking. You'd think people would not buy any credits until they become that cheap again thus forcing people's hand, but oh well.
    Retired.
  • The price of credits reflect what people are willing and able to pay for them.

The last time somebody did this, they took all the worlds money with cheap credits, then bought all the world's resources/comms/healing stuff, and then tried to resell it at a profit. :P

• Selenity said:
    Just read @Tsianina's background.

I can't write that well.

All interest lost.

I don't want to do that task anyway.
    That one is actually a great example of how it can be easier than it looks because it's really one great gimmick, built on. I actually almost didn't give her a background because I agonized for a long time trying to figure out an approach, and hating everything I thought of. Then I hit on the gimmick of having it be an official report, and then it all fell into place. Sure, I spent hours on rewrite after rewrite, and got a half-dozen people to chip in reviews and advice. I don't mean to suggest I wrote it in a flash of inspiration (until someone from Porlock interrupted me). Just that the gimmick is what started it.

So don't write yet another "my parents were killed by orcs and I set out to find my destiny" rehash. Just find one little gimmick and run with it. Look for something different in the structure to work with -- tell it in a different voice, write it as a poem, write it from someone else's perspective, something like that. Don't start from "what do I want to say" and then let the form follow that, like you might normally do. Start with the form, and then figure out how to squeeze what you want to say into it. That makes it fresher.
    Unrelated to the previous topic:

I have no idea what I'm doing but I've been told I'm doing it correctly. This isn't a rave because I have no idea what I'm doing or why it's right but okay.
  • Mudlet freezing on me right as I jump into a dangerous situation. At least I had a lichseed. :/

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Selenity said:

Unrelated to the previous topic:

I have no idea what I'm doing but I've been told I'm doing it correctly. This isn't a rave because I have no idea what I'm doing or why it's right but okay.
    Story of my life. You get used to it.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • today I learned not to look at my total play time

It's true, I really am you.
  • Navigating Iceburn Plains? Easy. Seducing your way across the basin? Doable. Bringing glory to Glomdoring? Possibly.

Teaching novices? …wow. That line between disciplining them and shoving them away.
    Retired.
  • A translucent ghost tells you, "Goodness! That was almost as scary as when the Lady Viravain gave me a look whilst stroking Her scythe."

I know that feeling. Horrific

It's true, I really am you.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Naime said:

A translucent ghost tells you, "Goodness! That was almost as scary as when the Lady Viravain gave me a look whilst stroking Her scythe."

I know that feeling. Horrific

Sounds more like hawt. :P

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • No, that's generally her "I'm looking for someone to kill" mood.
This discussion has been closed.