Dirty player secrets

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    90% of the time when I make a character, I give them a flaw or defect of some sort. Sometimes it's a mental defect and they just have rage issues while the voices tell them to devour the souls of unbaptised children.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Once I made an alt in order to date another character I thought was cool and powerful, except, I didn't actually tell him this, and just went about seducing him (successfully). But it turned out I actually found him really annoying, and I didn't know how to deal with it (I was younger and stupider), so I just stopped playing the alt. I still feel bad about it. Probably the nastiest thing I've done to someone in an rpg.

• Qistrel said:
    Once I made an alt in order to date another character I thought was cool and powerful, except, I didn't actually tell him this, and just went about seducing him (successfully). But it turned out I actually found him really annoying, and I didn't know how to deal with it (I was younger and stupider), so I just stopped playing the alt. I still feel bad about it. Probably the nastiest thing I've done to someone in an rpg.
    I just like to play that off as my main sending some random denizen off to seduce someone, waiting for them to succeed, and then killing them and leaving no trace.

A dirty secret of mine is that I'm waiting for the hot and nasty begins to use a gem of transmutation to gender switch from female to male. I won't say on whom!
    Yeah, but what if he's like, "Ok, let's do this" and rolls with it?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited December 2014
    Xeltha said:
    Qistrel said:
    I just like to play that off as my main sending some random denizen off to seduce someone, waiting for them to succeed, and then killing them and leaving no trace.

A dirty secret of mine is that I'm waiting for the hot and nasty begins to use a gem of transmutation to gender switch from female to male. I won't say on whom!

Yeah, don't do that
    The playa you love to hate
  • Shaddus said:
    Yeah, but what if he's like, "Ok, let's do this" and rolls with it?
    I'd die of laughter, probably. It'd most likely catch me off-guard.

It's also a dirty player secret of mine that I am waiting for the moment where someone says something in-character so dumb in my character's eyes that I have the opportunity to use heart stop after looking at them meaningfully.
  • Everiine said:
    Just so you know, of the people who participate in the situations in which you want to genderbend, the percentage who would roll with it is probably high...
    Yeah, that's probably why it won't happen. It just wouldn't work the way I'm thinking it will.
  • Everiine said:
    Just so you know, of the people who participate in the situations in which you want to genderbend, the percentage who would roll with it is probably high...
    Ari's wife would divorce her on the spot then demand her to chance back if she wanted to get remairried lol (this is saying I used like the bubble to change gender, not genderbend)
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

Everiine said:
    Some people even request such things.

• Qistrel said:
    Everiine said:
    Some people even request such things.
    I have a feeling that my dream of finally trolling someone with a literal gender switch is going to backfire on me. :P

Lets see, another secret... I like to keep in-character journals? Is that a dirty secret?
  • Only if you write erotica in the said journal
    The playa you love to hate
  • I may or may not be planning on moving Kurut to another org because I, as a player, am kind of disgusted with some of the secrets I've learned about Gaudiguch. x.x

I've been considering other orgs for a while now, and only one of them seems tolerable both IC and OOC
    I occasionally like to pretend that I'm replanting all of these herbs to attract bees, and might one day form an alliance with the bees and take over the Basin. Then we could have a wonderful tea party with plenty of honey and the best tea blends.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    What noooo, your training is not complete!

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Okay, I have a few.

Well, I'm not sure if this is secret, but I have a serious dislike of Mysrai and her concept. I know a lot of people enjoy her style and have lots of fun roleplaying with her, but having been in the Order (on another character) and somewhat middle ranking, I feel like I have the right to say I am thoroughly creeped out by her and feel disgusted by the way she treats some of her omembers. Moreover, it is infuriating in a paradoxical way how Mysrai has such a control over the "city of freedom". I've allowed this to bleed into Maligorn because he's a Hallifaxian and I can justify it. Bluh!

I change Maligorn's furrikin spec every few months just for something new, and rarely attempt to justify it ICly.

My favourite class is mage (not chem) but I can't ply my craft because there's already a melder in Hallifax, and I would leave a void in Loralaria combat.

If I think of more, will post again.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited December 2014
    Maligorn said:
    I change Maligorn's furrikin spec every few months just for something new, and rarely attempt to justify it ICly.

This is the worst.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited December 2014

If someone is bothering me, instead of snubbing them I just echo over their lines with 'So and so says somethng', storing them if I feel like going back to see what you said. Other times, I've only done this a really small handful of times, but I like the feel that Enya is just ignoring you better than snubs. Feels more IC and accomplishes the same goal.

EDIT: Also, if you have a really annoying automatic 'accent' prepending all of your says, I'll gag it (but just that exact say emote). Someone once had 3-4 such messages that would randomly cycle as they talked. Really obnoxious.
  • Drakius said:
    Only if you write erotica in the said journal
    It's where I put all of my shipfics, of course!
    I found logs the other day...

Fallon the Fruster?

• @Maligorn Xeria has put you down as "changeling". You changing form confuses the heck out of her. It's like no one takes pride in their species anymore.
    is dead like the dodo
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited December 2014
    Maligorn said:
    Moreover, it is infuriating in a paradoxical way how Mysrai has such a control over the "city of freedom".
    The concept of Gaudiguch as the City of Freedom itself is paradoxical. Or rather, a blatant lie - Gaudi's "Freedom" is the careful (read: widely-realized) illusion over a populace controlled by a vague, yet menacing government agency, and always has been. Give them booze and weed and orgies so they never see the strings being pulled! @Mysrai's execution of this concept (as in, the Beloved being a hyped, brainwashed cult) is just another representation of this, one that fits and works perfectly imo.

That said, I realize that roleplaying this may not be everyone's cup of tea. Which is okay! We're a diverse bunch with innumerable, differing pleasures.

My dirty player secret? I wish Maligorn would like Mysrai and play in Gaudiguch, he's so great. 

:-*
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    edited December 2014
    I really wish I had a good excuse/the gumption to move a character to one of the cities, especially Hallifax or Gaudiguch (possibly Mag).

I don't want to start over with an alt, and my two decently established characters are too entrenched in their orgs for it to be fun for me to just... up and move them.

I've not always liked Mysrai's style for a lot of reasons, but most of them have slowly been resolved over the years. I'm just kinda tired of feeling like I need to re-invent the wheel (or just plain invent it) for deep/interesting RP, as much as I like to spin cosmic theories. Having an org where there is an RP page... and everyone is more or less on that page, would be nice.

EDIT: And oh man, city skills. I really want tarot, tarot is so nice for... everything.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Riluna said:
    Riluna is an outlet for me. She can do a lot of things I can't in real life. 
    As backwards as this might seem to people who have RPed with me, it's the same here. Selenity is an outlet for me; I can't be truly like Selenity in real life (personality wise), and she is very much an outlet for me.
    But Selenity is a nice person. Are you saying you're hateful irl?
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Shaddus said:
    But Selenity is a nice person. Are you saying you're hateful irl?
    I get very angry sometimes IRL, and I can be very rude... I don't really live in a place where being myself all the time is safe for me. (Six more months, six more months until I can leave!)