Dirty player secrets

191011121315»

Comments

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited March 2015
    It doesn't help that the majority of the newer areas have hidden exits, some of which are really really hidden. Like, if you don't know where this is or have someone tell you, there is no way you will ever find this, and there are no hints to where it is at all hidden.

EDIT: Also, I have no clue how to start the Mornhai quest. All of the 'good' seeming mobs totally stonewall, I've tried every keyword I can think of and parroted back everything they say to them to no avail. They just plain refuse to talk about anything interesting or questy.
  • Everiine said:

I don't even recognize the name "Plaxios Lowlands"...

The Plaxios Lowlands is a place just west of the Razines where Lucidian meteorologists have a weather machine based around trapping the power of the seasons, which fell into disaster after being sabotaged by forest dwellers.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    edited March 2015
    Oh THAT'S its name.

EDIT: I also think it's hard when the newer areas are on the fringes, or require secret/special pathways to get to, as opposed to new areas which are added to the blank spaces in the Basin.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • It doesn't help that the majority of the newer areas have hidden exits, some of which are really really hidden. Like, if you don't know where this is or have someone tell you, there is no way you will ever find this, and there are no hints to where it is at all hidden.

How do people ever figure these things out in the first place? I always assumed I'm just terribad at questing, and these things are somehow totally obvious to others.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • it would help if the quest wasn't BROKEN
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Riluna said:

It doesn't help that the majority of the newer areas have hidden exits, some of which are really really hidden. Like, if you don't know where this is or have someone tell you, there is no way you will ever find this, and there are no hints to where it is at all hidden.

How do people ever figure these things out in the first place? I always assumed I'm just terribad at questing, and these things are somehow totally obvious to others.

I usually ask someone who was around for the release event or who already asked someone who was. @Kiradawea or @Vivet, most of the time.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited March 2015
    Essentially: A god-possessed mob held their hand during the event debut. I always feel like that's the only way the Seren epic makes sense, too.

EDIT: Some people who seem to just know quests... are using a quest walkthrough.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I did the pilgrim quest so many times thinking there would be an honors line or something. Especially since you have to do all the work of the regular Tosha quest plus influencing, which is tough for a lobo.  :((
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I still feel that I am bad at roleplaying. True story!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Azureus

You can ask Xeria. We've died on every single hunting spot on prime and off prime. We know all the major hunting grounds on prime and safety limits for hunting within it.
    is dead like the dodo
  • Shaddus said:

I think a lot of the problem is that pockets (those little, over the weekend events comprised of a small area) are generally easily forgotten, or there's no real reason to ever go to them, keep showing up. I mean, who really ever goes into the Plaxios Lowlands? Who knows what the people are doing who live on the Estengare, or who really ever helps the bloodthirsty pilgrim?

Don't get me wrong, there was probably a lot of thought put into these places, they're just not places people will frequent or remember.

Shaddus said:

I want to help the Bloodthirsty pilgrim but I have -no- idea where to start. There's a lack of pertinent information

is dead like the dodo
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Say pilgrim in front of Quettle.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    There are mobs loyal to Serenwilde on the Estengare river...saw someone get auto-enemied for killing one, and I was like 'what....'

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Xeria said:

Shaddus said:

I want to help the Bloodthirsty pilgrim but I have -no- idea where to start. There's a lack of pertinent information

It all has to do with the area underneath Loboshi's statue.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Azureus said:

I miss Lusty a lot but the biggest reason I have so much trouble returning is becaaaaauuuuuuse:

I actually don't know how to play this game. Like, no idea. I was lucky enough to start during a fairly booming time in Hallifax's culture, so there were plenty of people around. I have some mild writing talent, so through letters and paperwork and research, I was able to philosophically roleplay myself up to CR3 and GR5. Someone else even volunteered me for professor status. (Though I'm pretty sure that's since lapsed.)

And don't get me wrong, I think it's very valuable that such things are a valid way to progress!

But the upshot of it is now I'm a 100 year old odd character with a high rank that makes it look like I know what I'm doing. But actually I got to level 78 by exclusively bashing joules and Air, over and over and over again. I don't have any idea where else to go or how to find my way around or what to do once I even get there. And since I've so successfully conned people into considering me competent, most questions I try to sneak in get answered briefly. ("Try Undercaverns." "Oh, yes. Of course. Silly me.")
    At least I can feel confident I contributed a whole lot of power to the city!

Oh, and to top it all off: I miss @Zvoltz a ton. He gave Azureus the biggest of chances.

Scratch an expert and you'll find a beginner, still floundering about but on a different level.

Very few'll think anything less of you for not being able to answer everything right now, and there's plenty of us, happy to help you out if we can.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • I'm actually terrified of RP.
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • I can't spell "cudgel" for the life of me. SO I just use Staff instead....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I'll tattoo anyone.
  • Soo I was explaining my character to a friend, and my new found obsession with aetherships. They started laughing, then forced me to watch Vikings. I made a slightly odder Floki :( .. gonna maintain that rp but damn they are similar