Dirty player secrets

Comments

• I'm not sure if this is exactly dirty,

but I always cringe and fear for people doing the Hand quest, because I think "holy god, what if someone grabbed the Hand while they were offbal from digging for it, or they ran and found the lit room and dug first to get it"

'twould be the ultimate grief, and it scares me. Hopefully this isn't something that can happen.

• I ship Drocilla/Viravain/Shikari and Drocilla/Isune. Subtext, and long unexplored history. Those are the tame ones.
  • I remember a few quests and quest releases where Celestians ended up with completely unrelated citydisfavours around the same time they interrupted or stole honours quests like this. It's just a **** move. On the other, I know at least one village quest had admin intervention to stop a particular Celestian from camping it for several cycles in succession.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Aerotan said:

On the other, I know at least one village quest had admin intervention to stop a particular Celestian from camping it for several cycles in succession.

They actually had to change the quest and reprimand him because he would camp it and kill even citymates who tried to do it.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    What quest was it?
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    If it's the one I'm thinking of - Acknor.

• Synkarin said:

shouldn't have made a NAP or whatever it is you made

I am so <insert string of expletives> that happened. And yet at the same time, it opens it up for some RP goals....so tooooorn. Love to hate those Wyrded bad peeps.

What's a NAP?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited February 2015

Tylwyth said:
    Synkarin said:
    shouldn't have made a NAP or whatever it is you made
    I am so <insert string of expletives> that happened. And yet at the same time, it opens it up for some RP goals....so tooooorn. Love to hate those Wyrded bad peeps.

What's a NAP?
    Non-aggression pact. In essence, ceasefire or neutrality.

Digging back up the alt thing, I'm...I'm actually feeling like I have a problem, if @Donato is only fessing up to 'about 20'. I've definitely surpassed that, and I've only been playing for just under five years. Do we have a support group or something for this kind of thing?

/shame
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    The NAP was smart of Glomdoring to do, I'm just surprised Serenwilde fell went for it.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Glom surely tried to drag Mag over the coals when we were in the same position, giving us impossible demands and always refusing a proper treaty of any sorts unless we essentially became a vassal of Glom....I would have loved to see them in the same position. Sadly, Seren just opens their arms wide for them, never mind how Glom was continuously raiding them over and over when the largely had no one to defend them. Maybe Seren has the false memory?

• I need a

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

button for Lavina's post.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Because Seren's just bad at literally everything worthwhile, I guess.  :-??
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Honestly, I was looking forward to "log in, oh, we're being raided, go fight for a few hours, log out" when I moved back to Glom. Granted, given what our numbers have been lately, we'd likely get blown up. But it would make the small victories we'd manage that much sweeter.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Lavinya said:

Glom surely tried to drag Mag over the coals when we were in the same position, giving us impossible demands and always refusing a proper treaty of any sorts unless we essentially became a vassal of Glom....I would have loved to see them in the same position. Sadly, Seren just opens their arms wide for them, never mind how Glom was continuously raiding them over and over when the largely had no one to defend them. Maybe Seren has the false memory?

Or Seren just isn't run by griefers? I know I was one of the first people that said... "Yes" to the Glom NAP for Hallifax. (Not that my vote counts in that particular matter, being that I'm not a ruling council member, but for what it was worth, it was said) Why? Because I don't care to harass an org that's practically dead, and I also tried to give them a bit of a boost here and there when their former allies didn't and even went out of their way to screw with my attempts.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    They refused to ally with Magnagora, leaving a lot of bitter, pissed off people. Otherwise, we probably would have stood up for them.

Back on topic - I am guilty of pretending I'm afk sometimes when I'm actually not, because I don't feel like talking to whoever spoke to me or I'm not in the mood for helping with domoth/revolt/flare. No, if I don't reply that doesn't instantly mean I'm ignoring you (I have kids, I have to randomly afk a lot), but it has happened.

• Lavinya said:

This is because Glomdoring is bad at diplomacy, not because Serenwilde is somehow super forgiving.
    Iytha said:

Lavinya said:

This is because Glomdoring is good at diplomacy, not because Serenwilde is somehow super forgiving.
    Ftfy
    Half the time, the food Subotai designs is based on good I see or read about irl.
  • edited February 2015
    Mag-Halli
    Celest-Glom
    Seren-Gaudi

Probably never happen...but that would be so fun and exciting and different and I wouldn't be so opposed to Seren warring with Celest. Not because I don't love them but because it would be fun. So basically I'm saying...do this. Heh. Pleeeeease do this?
    I actually miss being friends with Hallifax. I'm still not enemied and often toy with the idea of just turning up for a visit, but I suspect it likely wouldn't be as pleasant as I would hope, so I just stay away and dream of another time, when Nymerya and I were free to scout for pretty young trill boys at the matrix and try and persuade them to be our handsome man-servants.

• Not sure Seren-Gaudi is ever on the table. Halli-Gaudi would happen first, I think, just due to all the recent clear-cutting/slash-and-burn Gaudi seems to be supporting lately. (and by 'lately', I mean since they came back ._.)
  • A year ago Gaudi and Seren had a Treaty. What makes it difficult is the lack of diplomacy after combat. Yes, so e trees were chopped....maybe some lords were killed. But there are ways to RP out of anything and honestly. An alliance or a treaty doesn't mean you agree with their philosophies. I'd kill (probably die trying to kill) anyone i caught influencing/killing fae.

I actually think it is more ooc shit that prevents half of these alliances from occurring and to that I say.

Learn2srperate.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Lavinya said:

I actually miss being friends with Hallifax. I'm still not enemied and often toy with the idea of just turning up for a visit, but I suspect it likely wouldn't be as pleasant as I would hope, so I just stay away and dream of another time, when Nymerya and I were free to scout for pretty young trill boys at the matrix and try and persuade them to be our handsome man-servants.

Visit Portius. He likes Magnagora. That'd be his dirty secret, except it's not really secret at all.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Also @Lavinya I had @Tremula with me in Hallifax for some friendly war games with @Aeden @Maligorn and....oh and @Ixaxius I think even @Lorina joined in. It was so much fun.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    It's pretty given that many alliances stay because of OOC motivations more than anything else IMO.

That motivation is usually burning RL hatred.
  • Pony killer! I'll never align with you. :p *sparkle*
    Maybe I have pent up frustrations because of all the ribbachi slaying.

My nightmare too, I guess.
  • Feel better now?
    Yes.