Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• Maligorn said:
    Am I the only one who misses tae'dae Kurut? :-<
    no
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Dear Lord Crumkane: please smite whoever came up with the idea for this. Smite them right in the nose.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    I feel like the time spent to code that would have been better spent to code up a reasonable clothing layers system where if you look at someone, you see what they're wearing in specific slots like they have in CircleMUDs from 20 years ago.

Or other muds we compete with.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited December 2014
    Shaddus said:
    Dear Lord Crumkane: please smite whoever came up with the idea for this. Smite them right in the nose.
    This.
    Elanorwen said:
    It was fun when curios were toys. It was slightly less fun when buffs started popping out. (Dump 900cr to be competitive with the extra 10dmp to whatever, anyone?)

We keep saying that we really don't care about more curios, even more so ones that give boosts to X... sure, the hair isn't that massive a boost, and it's not combat related, but what good does that do anyway? Rip the hair parts from our description? Why bother, considering the fact that the hair curio shows up at the bottom right under the full list of what's being worn. I feel like the time spent to code that would have been better spent to code up a reasonable clothing layers system where if you look at someone, you see what they're wearing in specific slots like they have in CircleMUDs from 20 years ago.
    And this, a million times this.

Pretty sure I was the first one to wake any of these gnomes up. Was incredibly disappointed with the curios and immediately rubbed them to a pittance of gold and continued on with my grind.
    Marcella said: 
    Fuck this entire event and fuck whichever admin thought this up.
    TL;DR: Scrap the curios system entirely and go do something meaningful, jesus.
    Maybe we can cross our fingers and hope it leads into an event this weekend.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Sorry, curios are here to stay. Player input doesn't matter in this situation. Even though we have consistently said "No more curios, or at least, not ones that buff."

The response has always been, "Alright, for this event, the reward is... NEW CURIOS! Just what everyone has been asking for! But don't worry, they are mostly for RP purposes. Except they buff you!"
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Never challenge a dwarf to a drinking contest.

• MoiMoi
    edited December 2014
    I personally like the event! Getting curios via influencing and aethership flying is much more enjoyable than getting them via a long and difficult conflict quest or doing the Waystation eleventybillion times.
  • I want more curios!
  • Iytha said:
    I personally like the event! Getting curios via influencing and aethership flying is much more enjoyable than getting them via a long and difficult conflict quest or doing the Waystation eleventybillion times.
    You can always buy crates of curios with credits at the artifact shop

And you may have an aethership that is able to go to the bubble, but a large part of the game probably doesn't have a way there and thus they can't even take part in the quest.
  • Kurut said:
    Xeltha said:
    Omg. But. But. But froglady. :(
    Now it's just viscanti lady, with the horns and the curls and the evilness. :(
    Couldn't you be a mugwump viscanti?
  • Eritheyl said:
    I'm not sure Tweeting 'fuck the admin' is really the best way to have your concerns addressed. Just an idle observation.
    Game theory for groups is different than game theory between individuals. In groups it may be effective for different members of the group to take on a different tact.

There is a level of frustration that seems to be just hand waved away. Enough of that and it isn't surprising for individuals to get more and more blunt.

Things I am pissed about.

Often having to steamroller other players, for 21 days of doing frustrating crap to get the 'thank you' for that given promo. It is December, a time when many people travel and have a fairly full time, it doesn't have to be 21 days.

Sugarplum fae, who it seems if three or four people trying to do the quest will overwhelm the quest. Items which decay at a rate meaning you will lose the plums you have, if a few others are pushing to do the quest.

Already influenced mobs hanging around making it all that much more grindy.

Now, sure any dev could look at that list and rightly conclude, that's some pretty minor shit there and they wouldn't be wrong. But the other way at looking at it could be, does the game benefit from this level of frustration? I turned in 10 plums, ate dinner, popped over to Crum and saw there were sleeping gnomes. Popped back to prime, did a few things spent about an hour getting 10 more plums. Headed back to Crum give a gnome 10 more. Nothing happened.

Maybe the earlier gnome told me it was a one time thing. Didn't notice that. But at this point, I might as well log out and play something else. Is that really the result the devs who worked on this wanted? I really don't think so.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I wish I didn't miss so many days for the quest event this month. Oh well.

• Eritheyl said:
    I'm not sure Tweeting 'fuck the admin' is really the best way to have your concerns addressed. Just an idle observation.
    IJS. 
  • edited December 2014
    Saw this on my timehop from 5 years ago today:

In the distance, the glistening spires of Hallifax shimmer in the light, spiraling amongst the wispy clouds near Avechna's Teeth. For the first time in over six hundred years, the wind whistles through the dormant spires of the Lost City of Hallifax, a chill silence washing over the Basin of Life.

How the time flies 
    :-&
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Snaithy said:
    Saw this on my timehop from 5 years ago today:

In the distance, the glistening spires of Hallifax shimmer in the light, spiraling amongst the wispy clouds near Avechna's Teeth. For the first time in over six hundred years, the wind whistles through the dormant spires of the Lost City of Hallifax, a chill silence washing over the Basin of Life.

How the time flies 
    :-&
    What? Has it really been five years? Aaagh!
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Steingrim said:

There is a level of frustration that seems to be just hand waved away. Enough of that and it isn't surprising for individuals to get more and more blunt.

Things I am pissed about.

Often having to steamroller other players, for 21 days of doing frustrating crap to get the 'thank you' for that given promo. It is December, a time when many people travel and have a fairly full time, it doesn't have to be 21 days.

Sugarplum fae, who it seems if three or four people trying to do the quest will overwhelm the quest. Items which decay at a rate meaning you will lose the plums you have, if a few others are pushing to do the quest.

Already influenced mobs hanging around making it all that much more grindy.

Now, sure any dev could look at that list and rightly conclude, that's some pretty minor shit there and they wouldn't be wrong. But the other way at looking at it could be, does the game benefit from this level of frustration? I turned in 10 plums, ate dinner, popped over to Crum and saw there were sleeping gnomes. Popped back to prime, did a few things spent about an hour getting 10 more plums. Headed back to Crum give a gnome 10 more. Nothing happened.

Maybe the earlier gnome told me it was a one time thing. Didn't notice that. But at this point, I might as well log out and play something else. Is that really the result the devs who worked on this wanted? I really don't think so.
    Especially since 1) the game has turned into an "I'm just gonna log in to do the promotion and logout" event for many people, and 2) the complaints about the ways the mobs are busted are the same complaints from the last event (can't influence, don't reset, don't accept turn ins), which, to absolutely no one's surprise, was exactly the same as this event: Influence mob, turn in crap, get curio. Tada! Two events in a row that are the exact. same. event.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • I would love to have a few curios but I don't feel like sitting in a spot waiting for people to stop farming just so I can get 8 common pieces of the same part
    The playa you love to hate
  • edited December 2014
    Keep it civil. If you can't state your complaint or concern without swearing and insulting players or administrators, then we recommend not even trying. It will do absolutely nothing for your case, and will get you banned or jailed.

Thank you.
  • (This is not directed at any player or admin in specific)

I never got why no one can take negative comments for anything. Saying what is wrong with the something is a hundred times better than saying what is good about the thing, it tells you what are doing wrong and need to fix.

Would I say there is a difference between 'eff the admin and this quest?" and "this quest is unfair to 80% of the game"? While the tone is clearly different, it does get the same message across of something is wrong (at least to me it does, and the vulgar tone of the first one wouldn't bother me, if I were an admin.).

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Ayisdra said:
    (This is not directed at any player or admin in specific)

I never got why no one can take negative comments for anything. Saying what is wrong with the something is a hundred times better than saying what is good about the thing, it tells you what are doing wrong and need to fix.

Would I say there is a difference between 'eff the admin and this quest?" and "this quest is unfair to 80% of the game"? While the tone is clearly different, it does get the same message across of something is wrong (at least to me it does, and the vulgar tone of the first one wouldn't bother me, if I were an admin.).

Nah, it's no longer inaccessible. They just went and added a portal to Crumkindivia slap bang outside the plex. Like that won't cause any trouble and annoyance for anyone.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • There's an important distinction between "not listening" and "not doing what we want." I can say, with certainty, the complaints are heard. Simply because those complaints don't directly translate to a vocal individual's or group's expectations does not mean they were not heard. If I responded to every demand of every vocal player or group, PK would be very boring because half of your skills would be deleted. 
  • Nerf everything, let us throw rocks and poke eyes with sticks.
    The playa you love to hate
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Everytime a new curio comes out, the market is inundated with tons of ads of people looking for pieces, forum threads are made, and people in general are looking for them.

It's a pretty safe bet that IRE is making money off curios. You don't want more curios, stop buying curios.

In fairness, the bonuses from said curios have dramatically dropped, and are no longer in the realm of 'must have' and are mostly 'nice to have'

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Dear random people of Lusternia. If, for some reason (and this is rare), I attack you, it's okay to run. It's also okay to turn around and murder me, because I am terrible at PVP. But if you choose to run away, leave a snarky comment, then immediately snub me... that's just more motivation for me to get better and grief you until you cry.
    I occasionally like to pretend that I'm replanting all of these herbs to attract bees, and might one day form an alliance with the bees and take over the Basin. Then we could have a wonderful tea party with plenty of honey and the best tea blends.
This discussion has been closed.