Simple Ideas

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.

Kalliste said:
    Maligorn said:
    Kalliste has sacrificed herself for the resurrection of Camberre.
    4890h, 5700m, 7200e, 10p, 21900en, 26400w mBelrxkb-
    Camberre has been easily bested by a Kusala of the Tahtetso.

This is just wrong, any way you slice it.

@Ieptix, something needs to be put in place along the same lines of that fleshmound changelog, wherein Gaudis can't take corpses of enemies to reanimate them anymore.

EDIT: And for those who think I'm metagaming, I flip to you the bird. Maligorn would be rightfully outraged by this -- he thinks there is an art to war, and doing something heinous like that not only contradicts that but also what he thinks Celest should be like.
    You make it sound like I ripped his soul out, then forced his soul to walk to the Pool of Stars and hang out there talking. I guess souls shouldn't go hang out in enemy territory while their enemy statuses are hidden from their honours, but I do like the idea of hard-coding limitations such that enemies cannot be resurrected in enemy territory. 
    I guess what you're saying is that after your guards killed him, you had this odd idea that he might not actually be an enemy and you decided to try and and save him?

You know what you did, and you did it on purpose :/
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:

Kalliste said:
    Maligorn said:

@Ieptix, something needs to be put in place along the same lines of that fleshmound changelog, wherein Gaudis can't take corpses of enemies to reanimate them anymore.

EDIT: And for those who think I'm metagaming, I flip to you the bird. Maligorn would be rightfully outraged by this -- he thinks there is an art to war, and doing something heinous like that not only contradicts that but also what he thinks Celest should be like.
    You make it sound like I ripped his soul out, then forced his soul to walk to the Pool of Stars and hang out there talking. I guess souls shouldn't go hang out in enemy territory while their enemy statuses are hidden from their honours, but I do like the idea of hard-coding limitations such that enemies cannot be resurrected in enemy territory. 
    I guess what you're saying is that after your guards killed him, you had this odd idea that he might not actually be an enemy and you decided to try and and save him?

You know what you did, and you did it on purpose :/
    The guards never killed him to my knowledge. I was sitting there influencing and he walked in as a soul.
    Never mind. I retract my statement, he's a moron.

You still shouldn't resurrect someone with the suffix "Taintbeard", lol

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Does Sacrifice only work if the soul is in the room with you? I don't think so...and I think it brings the body back to you wherever it is...

If that's not the case, then I am a little mollified, but still stand by my demands(tm) to the coders.

• Maligorn said:
    Does Sacrifice only work if the soul is in the room with you? I don't think so...and I think it brings the body back to you wherever it is...

If that's not the case, then I am a little mollified, but still stand by my demands(tm) to the coders.
    I'm shocked, Maligorn, that you don't know how this skill works; I assumed you would do your homework before spending half an hour crying about this in clanchat and then messaging city leaders. The soul has to be in the room with you.
  • I'm shocked that people let me carry on without telling me the whole story. Miscommunication is a real mother, isn't it?

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited January 2015
    Sacrifice           Give up your own life to save the soul of another.
    • Mythical  0%
    • Syntax: STARCHANT SACRIFICE <target>
      Power: 10 or 1 (Pool of Stars)
      If there is no body of your fallen comrade, you may still bring him or her back from the dead, but this will take the ultimate sacrifice...of your life. Bringing back another student of Sacraments costs 1 power, while all others will cost 10.

^ This would've been the extent of my "homework"; I use Xiel's site for almost everything. Nowhere does it say the soul has to be in the same room as you.

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Maligorn said:
    I'm shocked that people let me carry on without telling me the whole story. Miscommunication is a real mother, isn't it?
    I dunno. To me, a more entertaining action would have been to sit there and chat with the fellow while his mana/essence ticks down over time. If he was being rude, there is always snub and he can do absolutely nothing. The spirit of the skill sacrifice was most likely never meant to be used in that fashion. I can do it, too... but you don't see me rezzing enemy combatants after they die in the middle of a hostile group, do you?

Another point... he can now most likely issue for misuse of the skill and it might get changed... and the user - punished. On the other hand, if the trespasser was being a knucklehead and making a nuisance of himself, you could have just as well issued him over attempted harassment in soul form.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited January 2015
    It's funny

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Pretty sure, like I assume the wand to work like, you require the soul in the same room. 

I'd be shocked if this was the first time this has happened in the past x years of Sacraments being available to the community.

(I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Yarith said:
    Pretty sure, like I assume the wand to work like, you require the soul in the same room. 

I'd be shocked if this was the first time this has happened in the past x years of Sacraments being available to the community.

The wand requires a corpse, actually. At least it did last time we tested it.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Maligorn said:

EDIT 2: READNEWS ANNOUNCE 2399
    For Kalliste to have sacrificed, his soul would have had to have been at the Pool of Stars.

If you look at it, he was in enemy territory. If he was alive, he'd have been slain. If he was sitting at the Pool he was most likely spying or listening for any information, how else do you get rid of him?
  • edited January 2015
    Elanorwen said:
    Yarith said:
    Pretty sure, like I assume the wand to work like, you require the soul in the same room. 

The wand requires a corpse, actually. At least it did last time we tested it.
    Ooh. So it's like resurrect. My bad!

EDIT: Anyway! Derailing! My bad! -ducks-
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Ryboi said:
    Maligorn said:

EDIT 2: READNEWS ANNOUNCE 2399
    For Kalliste to have sacrificed, his soul would have had to have been at the Pool of Stars.

If you look at it, he was in enemy territory. If he was alive, he'd have been slain. If he was sitting at the Pool he was most likely spying or listening for any information, how else do you get rid of him?
    Snub, issue for misuse of the soul, not talk out loud about important business? It's not that hard if you use your brain. If he was trashtalking though, w/e. Both are in the wrong.

• And yes, with the precedent of announce 2399, I think all ress abilities (besides Heartstone, because the user goes TO the soul's location rather than the soul and body coming to him/her). Resurgem, Sacrifice, Resurrect, and the new Cantor ress.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited January 2015
    You think all ress abilities what? 

Really, the most elegant solution is to add an AGREE/ACCEPT syntax to all revives, instead of picking and choosing which and screwing around with ally lists postmortem. Agree syntaxes can't be cheesed with ORDER commands, and you won't have to worry about either black or white listing. 

You feel <person> reach out to your soul, attempting to revive you. Do you ACCEPT their help?
  • Uh, sorry. Think they should all work that way. Or your way is a lot more elegant, too.

• Enyalida said:

Really, the most elegant solution is to add an AGREE/ACCEPT syntax to all revives, instead of picking and choosing which and screwing around with ally lists postmortem. Agree syntaxes can't be cheesed with ORDER commands, and you won't have to worry about either black or white listing. 

You feel <person> reach out to your soul, attempting to revive you. Do you ACCEPT their help?
    The only problem with this is that I quite often resurrect people who died because they lost link or whatever. Just implement code that doesn't allow someone to be resurrected in enemy city territory, underwater, etc.
  • That's what timeout is for. Should set it low if you have bad internet. Or just in general.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited January 2015
    Kalliste said:
    Enyalida said:

The only problem with this is that I quite often resurrect people who died because they lost link or whatever. Just implement code that doesn't allow someone to be resurrected in enemy city territory, underwater, etc.

That sounds like really complicated code. 
    EDIT: Not to mention that you very much might want/need to be ressurected inside enemy territory... just on your own terms.

How about: Make one exception - that a city member immolating another city member at their shared nexus always goes through. It shouldn't be difficult to work in a single exception where it's auto-AGREE'd too, and that's a pretty risk free option everyone has access to. 
    I can't lie, I've resurrected Celestia raiders at the Pool before. It's funny.

I mean..uh..horrible misuse of skills. Yeah.
  • Might not be that simple of an idea but I once tried Aetolia (I didn't last long) and the thing that stood out to me above all it's content and guilds and vampires and things I don't even remember was it's fantastic -fantastic- emote system. For those not in the know if you did quotations around what you were saying in the emote it came out as teal (or whatever your 'says' colour is) within it while the action stuff stayed grey. If we could get this for lusternia that would be awesome.

I would settle for multi coloured emotes on the stage, that alone would make me so so happy. Even if it was a nightmare in stage directions.
    Been there. Tried to get that. Still don't have it.

We can't even get chocolate comms or an easier way to get honey.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I'd have a problem with someone resurrecting me into a pack of guards if my soul was somewhere else.

But if I'm standing there as a soul at the pack of guards already, it's my own fault if I get resurrected there.

Telling the difference between the two from a mechanical standpoint is difficult, though.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Aruin said:
    Might not be that simple of an idea but I once tried Aetolia (I didn't last long) and the thing that stood out to me above all it's content and guilds and vampires and things I don't even remember was it's fantastic -fantastic- emote system. For those not in the know if you did quotations around what you were saying in the emote it came out as teal (or whatever your 'says' colour is) within it while the action stuff stayed grey. If we could get this for lusternia that would be awesome.

I would settle for multi coloured emotes on the stage, that alone would make me so so happy. Even if it was a nightmare in stage directions.
    So I don't know about emotes but for the multi-coloured emotes for the stage... Serenwilde has a quest where you can get a memory crystal and when you play it, it has some multi-coloured things. Is it possible for something to be set up for players making memory crystals for the stage and have those be multi-coloured?