Simple Ideas

Comments

• Xterm is negotiated between Rapture and your client automatically; the config is there primarily to allow people with xterm-supporting clients that don't support the proper negotiation to toggle it on. There shouldn't really be any reason to keep it off; there's very little difference between turning it off and just not using the extended colours in your config colour choices.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • I have the opposite problem! My client negotiates with Rapture incorrectly and automagically sets xterm to OFF despite Mushclient supporting the extended colours. Could we please have it be ON/OFF/AUTO?
  • I've declined to add a perma-on option because when inevitably someone connects later with a client that doesn't support it, their computer will explode* and I don't want to be liable.

* Not actually explode, but I'm of the understanding that very funky things tend to happen otherwise, and the precise cause wouldn't necessarily be obvious.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Ixion said:
    Idea: CONFIG XTERM reverts to ON every time you log in. Just like any other config, please let it remember your setting..
    Depends on what you log in from. I know logging in from work through telnet decides to switch it to off. :/

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    Unrelated:

Ascendants holding nature domoth should get a boost to the Gift power. Possibly make it a bit cheaper to use and/or give a bigger chance to do a full regen.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    edited January 2015
    Houses being able to give allowances would be pretty neat. Every year or so a set amount can be delivered from a family bank account to someone's inventory/bank account. Just something that seemed neat (I also suggested people who generate honour through lines other than elected position/pious devotion generating a small amount of gold for the family bank account, but @Pectus said it was stupid).

Basically it would look like...

FAMILY ALLOWANCE ON

FAMILY ALLOWANCE OFF

FAMILY ENDOW <PLAYER> ALLOWANCE

FAMILY SET <PLAYER> ALLOWANCE <X GOLD>

FAMILY REVOKE <PLAYER> ALLOWANCE

Edit: One day I'll learn to spell allowance without spelling allownace.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Tremula said:
    Houses being able to give allowances would be pretty neat. Every year or so a set amount can be delivered from a family bank account to someone's inventory/bank account. Just something that seemed neat (I also suggested people who generate honour through lines other than elected position/pious devotion generating a small amount of gold for the family bank account, but @Pectus said it was stupid).

Basically it would look like...

FAMILY ALLOWANCE ON

FAMILY ALLOWANCE OFF

FAMILY ENDOW <PLAYER> ALLOWANCE

FAMILY SET <PLAYER> ALLOWANCE <X GOLD>

FAMILY REVOKE <PLAYER> ALLOWANCE

Edit: One day I'll learn to spell allowance without spelling allownace.
    So to be fair, I say a lot of things are stupid. Though something that could possibly be added onto this is a mini bank addition wherein deeded clan dues go straight to the family's bank account.

Family credit system please and thank you

• Tremula said:
    (I also suggested people who generate honour through lines other than elected position/pious devotion generating a small amount of gold for the family bank account, but @Pectus said it was stupid).

Not so much stupid as just not going to happen. This game already has too much gold circulating, and you're suggesting magically more gold appears out of thin air ;)
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • edited January 2015
    Not so much an idea as a question and a request.

Why is it that all of my flesh-thing entourage feels the need to blink and shuffle impatiently when they can't actually be influenced?

Is it possible for this to no longer be a thing? It sort of flies in the face of them attempting to be sneaky.

-EDIT: Actually, is this something that effects other Guardian/Wiccans too? Or is it just an Illuminati thing?
    With an exasperated sigh, you say, "One moment please, I'm threatening a muffin in a box!"
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Rialorm said:
    Tremula said:
    (I also suggested people who generate honour through lines other than elected position/pious devotion generating a small amount of gold for the family bank account, but @Pectus said it was stupid).

Not so much stupid as just not going to happen. This game already has too much gold circulating, and you're suggesting magically more gold appears out of thin air ;)
    Well there could be in-game reasons! For example, you could pay the local representative of a blood house to keep them from slaughtering your children, or you could kindly give a donation to your local lettered house to hope that someone with a silver tongue might pop through soon. Lots of ways it could be done, but I forget how much gold is already around. T-T
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Elanorwen said:
    Unrelated:

Ascendants holding nature domoth should get a boost to the Gift power. Possibly make it a bit cheaper to use and/or give a bigger chance to do a full regen.
    Pretty sure Nature gives a bonus to Affinity!

Not necessarily an argument against further bonuses, especially for underused stuff.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Iari said:

Why is it that all of my flesh-thing entourage feels the need to blink and shuffle impatiently when they can't actually be influenced?

Is it possible for this to no longer be a thing? It sort of flies in the face of them attempting to be sneaky.

-EDIT: Actually, is this something that effects other Guardian/Wiccans too? Or is it just an Illuminati thing?
    It means they've fully healed up. Beast do the same thing.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Also worth noting that the fact that they do this after empowering them means that when you buff an ent that was already at full h/m/e, the max gets increased but the current doesn't match that increase.
  • I think they're summoned with less than max health to make killing them in combat more effective. They heal to max over time, shuffle when they're full and that's it till they aren't at max any more.
    Akyaevin said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Unrelated:

Pretty sure Nature gives a bonus to Affinity!

Not necessarily an argument against further bonuses, especially for underused stuff.
    If it does, they should put that under powers info affinity like they do with other powers.

• Hi. So could we possibly have it added that dreamweavers will see dreams while asleep in dreamform? Perhaps it could be a toggle added as an ability of DREAMWEAVE  DREAMSIGHT ON/OFF.

Reason I ask is because I feel dreams have a sense of prophetic feel to them and there is alot of RP there, but us players generally pass by the level of no longer needing sleep, so they go unnoticed. As dreamweavers, we could then be in a state of constant dreaming, scouring the dreamrealm for any messages. It would be similar to how current shamanism in a trance receive many visions (and may I add was some of the best RP vision flavor I have experienced yet).

Thank you.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Similar to how you can link an empty vial to something in your rift with RIFT LINK X TO EMPTY, would it be possible for some general keyword to exist for artifact vials or ones in a bandolier that have available slots for them to be linked to have a general keyword?  Ideally, you could just use the same EMPTY that you can now, but since the vials aren't empty I can imagine that might not be doable.
  • Use VIAL. That'll use the first available slot.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Ahhhh.  Thanks Ssaliss!
  • I would like it so we can tell by probing our chemantic weapons (Blaster, Magnum, Pyrocannon) what runes we've put on it please. It's a simple thing but useful I think.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    weapon probe
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Can we lift this restriction, please?

You can't contest for a trademaster position while you're already trademaster of another
    organizational cartel.

I was hoping to get some possible activity going in  Glomdoring, and since most of our trademasters are dormant right now with no feasible candidates to replace them(given the number of active people), I decided to fill a vacant position at least so I encountered the restriction above. :( This puts a damper on my glorious plans for a rotating design contest, aside from hurting the Organization itself when there are very few people to cover those spots. Please? :(
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Dragonscale       Taevyn          Taevyn          Forging      Celest
    Diamondlight      Faragan         Faragan         Jewelry      Celest
    Starweaver        Faragan         Faragan         Tailoring    Celest
    Epicure           Aeral           Aeral           Cooking      Celest
    Seatimber         Kagato          Kagato          Artisan      Celest
    Goldenquill       Qoivhae         Qoivhae         Bookbinding  Celest
    LuminMarks        Chakraja        Chakraja        Tattoos      Celest

Somehow Faragan has already been able to do this (I'm sure he had more than 2 at one point!). What's good for one is good for all! Make it so!

• Iari said:

It does affect all ent classes, though not equally. The only one that ever does this for MDS is brownie, but brownie does it every single time after being summoned.

But be glad! They shuffle every now and then, but there WAS a time you couldn't even cloak your ribbachi. ^^

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • edited January 2015

Riluna said
    But be glad! They shuffle every now and then, but there WAS a time you couldn't even cloak your ribbachi. ^^
    Wait...which one's a ribbachi again?
    With an exasperated sigh, you say, "One moment please, I'm threatening a muffin in a box!"
  • The invisible one that actually lets you spy on people. Like, one that could actually have that invisibility broken by shuffling at the wrong time.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Iari said:

Wait...which one's a ribbachi again?
    help illuminati
    8.2.5.3 THE ILLUMINATI GUILD

[COVENANT]
                           The Templars Guild                       

[GUILD LEADERS]
                       Guildmaster: Iari (Grand Cipher of the Illuminati)

O.o
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.