Simple Ideas

Comments

• Yeah -- I agree with Elanorwen. I don't see why mages and druids wouldn't know intuitively when an enemy melder is unraveling their demesne, and should probably receive an alert when a room is broken.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Hey, but acrobats can dodge demesne watch... because. Things already don't make too much sense, heh.
  • Maligorn said:
    Yeah -- I agree with Elanorwen. I don't see why mages and druids wouldn't know intuitively when an enemy melder is unraveling their demesne, and should probably receive an alert when a room is broken.
    Fine but that wasnt the purpose of the config option created. If the case of such an ability was needed, that would then be an envoy thing.

Im wondering why exactly would people need to know when their masochist tendencies go into remission exactly? I'd like to hear the reasoning behind wanting it around.
  • Arcanis said:
    Enyalida said:
    Not sure why RPWHO isn't used more. If I were a god hanging around looking to do some mob interactions or something, I'd check RPWHO first.
    Frankly I saw it ending in failure from the start. It was just a group of players saying "this would be new and shiny!" then when it comes out, no one cares to use it.

Should have first looked at the playerbase itself and see how active RPing was...which is frankly not that high, before placing a listing option for it.
    The whole point of RPWHO is to increase RP :P Why would you be against a possible solution to the problem. I mean, it is a roleplaying game!
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • The problem I have with RPWHO is that whenever I check the list it's all people from other organizations that I've never met before, so my options pretty much boil down to randomly sending them a RP shot in the dark via tells.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Iytha said:
    The problem I have with RPWHO is that whenever I check the list it's all people from other organizations that I've never met before, so my options pretty much boil down to randomly sending them a RP shot in the dark via tells.
    Accidentally wander across them in the wilderness!
  • GIVE RED/BLUE/YELLOW/PURPLE/GREEN/ORANGE/etc. TO SHUFI/AI'IX/etc.

pls?
  • That's been suggested a couple of times, and I think there was a code reason why it wasn't possible. My own guess is that it's the same item at its core and is just changing descs, and thus can't switch aliases on-the-fly. At least the item ID doesn't change when you change the colours of the spheres.
  • Here's an idea. Allow for squad members to follow when you MANIFEST ANCHOR RETURN.

I bought the power thinking I'd be able to take lowbies bashing in the UV and have an easy way back to the surface. Turns out I just leave them all behind when I use it. 
    • Make it impossible to harvest any herb below 5
    • Re-release tonics for gold (more gold than last time), to provide another gold dump
    • Possibly release another extremely useful item for gold. There is entirely too much gold being hoarded, and this affects credit economy.
    • Divinus/Excorable weapon runes, to go along with all the other elemental runes
    • Reduce the weight of the shrink/expand demigod powers to 2, since their usefulness has plummeted after the size changes forever ago.
    • Have race hats give you access to all racial emotes of that race. (this is for other people, I personally have a locket of changeling memories for one-eyed RP shenanigans)
    • Streamline recharging enchantments from shops. Currently, if the topmost cube in the shop doesn't have enough charges to fully charge your item, it outright refuses to charge. Maybe make it so it charges partially from the first cube and then charges the rest from the next cube in line.
  • idea Make the dingbat racehats have an additional line that says what race you are appearing as, and what race you really are, please! Alternatively, make this a line in stat or score, please!

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    edited January 2015
    Bluh, didn't read. Just a repeat of one of Svana's points. Boop.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Svana said:
    • Make it impossible to harvest any herb below 5

I'm not too bothered by that, really. What I'd love to see go the way of the dodo is hibernation though. Having to replant 75% of the basin every two weeks is getting kinda old.

• Re-release tonics for gold (more gold than last time), to provide another gold dump

They'd have to cost a fair bit in order to work as an effective gold sink. After all, people would get more gold from bashing by using these on account of them being able to take on bigger things (at least with the HME buff and the stats).

• Possibly release another extremely useful item for gold. There is entirely too much gold being hoarded, and this affects credit economy.

I've made a few suggestions along this line myself, but nothing has come of it so far :( Got any specific ideas for those items?

• Divinus/Excorable weapon runes, to go along with all the other elemental runes
    • Reduce the weight of the shrink/expand demigod powers to 2, since their usefulness has plummeted after the size changes forever ago.
    • Have race hats give you access to all racial emotes of that race. (this is for other people, I personally have a locket of changeling memories for one-eyed RP shenanigans)
    • Streamline recharging enchantments from shops. Currently, if the topmost cube in the shop doesn't have enough charges to fully charge your item, it outright refuses to charge. Maybe make it so it charges partially from the first cube and then charges the rest from the next cube in line.

I actually bugged this one a couple of months ago. I'd love to see it fixed.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    If you're a changeling with a hat it's impossible to see what race you are without taking off the hat. Which is simple enough, but if you're like me, you don't ever want that thing leaving your head, it does not exist. (+1 for race hats not showing in descriptions, or instead of wearing it, make it like a curio ambient, touch to activate on or off.)

• edited January 2015
    Iytha said:
    Please remove the one statue/tree illusion per room rule. If a flock of glamourists all want to pose as statues in a single room, let them.
    Only if you let me CHOP TREE and cut down an illusionist.

EDIT-- Seriously though, one out of phase illusion per room keeps people from doing some pretty obnoxious shenanigans in enemy territory.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    edited January 2015
    I ignore race hats, unless the user suddenly shows an odd propensity for speaking in a language they really shouldn't know...

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Qistrel said:
    I ignore race hats, unless the user suddenly shows an odd propensity for speaking in a language they really shouldn't know...
    Which could in turn mean that they're a bookbinder. Sorry, but your argument falls flat.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    edited January 2015
    I asked that, and they were like 'no'. :P When I said 'really shouldn't' I meant 'Is not of that race and is not a bookbinder'. I know what bookbinders get. So, I would have given them a pass, but they were all like 'I can understand you speaking elfen!' when I was trying to have a racial pride moment with another elfen, and then didn't have an explanation for it. Just bugged me.

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Qistrel said:
    I asked that, and they were like 'no'. :P
    From what I heard, you can be a bookbinder, forget the skill (keep all the lessons in it, just forget the skill itself) and become a different tradeskill altogether and keep the ability to speak the languages. Which would mean you weren't a bookbinder.
    edited January 2015
    I lost all mine when I switched.... :( Can we make race hats alter your languages too? Or would people just abuse that?

• Reason I could never get into racehats was because there were too many elements that make it seem it is 'just an illusion'. I wish racehats was a full on change.

Out of curiosity, do those with a racehat for a race receive the domoth buffs associated with that race, or with their original race?
    Original race.

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    For the sudoku in Xion, let the crystals be targeted by their letter. So you can get the crystal you use for inputting the letter "a" with GET A FROM CONTAINER and so forth.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Portius said:
    For the sudoku in Xion, let the crystals be targeted by their letter. So you can get the crystal you use for inputting the letter "a" with GET A FROM CONTAINER and so forth.
    Oh man, that would be awesome. Mostly so I don't have to remake all of the aliases I had that accomplished just that, for the third or fourth time now  @-)
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    It makes me sad when the quest resets while I'm entering the last section in. Less excruciatingly slow inputs are useful! Even better would be something like SAY A1 C to input "c" into space A1, without having to get objects at all.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.