Simple Ideas

Comments

• ITEMLIST ENCHANTMENTS 

Please! so that you check all your enchanted items at a glance. 
    is dead like the dodo
  • Qistrel said:
     when I was trying to have a racial pride moment with another elfen.
    They never get it. :(

Says me, the Bookbinder.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • edited January 2015
    Xeria said:
    ITEMLIST ENCHANTMENTS 

Please! so that you check all your enchanted items at a glance. 
    There already is Magiclist.

EDIT: However, I wouldn't mind folding that one into Itemlist as well.
  • edited January 2015
    Quick addition to the AD syntax: AD <num> REFRESH. Costs 100 gold and resets the lifetime of the ad in question, removing the need to make new ads all the time.

EDIT: Also, a way to see how long an ad has left would be awesome.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Make the lens artifact (Goop gloves of mastery upgrade) work when worn rather than wielded. It's rather a downgrade from gloves that worked when worn and didn't require being wielded. Otherwise, note on the aethergoop info for the lens that it needs to be wielded rather than worn and offer refunds for people who bought these.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Not sure that's a big deal, not like you're up to much else when enchanting that you can't wield the lens and a powerstone.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Elanorwen said:
    Racehats are effectively nothing more than a permanent changeself illusion.
    Only thing I wish it would add is the racial emotes, that'd be awesome for the fake Viscanti of Magnagora 
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Milune said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Racehats are effectively nothing more than a permanent changeself illusion.
    Only thing I wish it would add is the racial emotes, that'd be awesome for the fake Viscanti of Magnagora 
    With prepending, you can probably fake the viscanti emotes, just alias them!

• Synkarin said:
    Not sure that's a big deal, not like you're up to much else when enchanting that you can't wield the lens and a powerstone.
    There's also the "wear-and-forget" bit that's always nice. If you can only wield it, it's easier to forget about it.
  • 6,000 characters of self-description, followed by a million articles of clothing, followed by 63 jewelry items.. blah.  I'll never notice a race-hat (unless I LOOK when they first login).. and yes, @Selenity and @Milune, vscorn probably isn't that hard to fake.
    </RANT>
  • It's the target ones I would get too lazy to alias. 
    Milune said:
    It's the target ones I would get too lazy to alias. 
    Can't fake poses either... although I'd personally rather not see racial emotes linked to hats, I can see the draw. Then again, being that the overhaul will be detaching stats from race and moving them to archetype, I'd say you could be whatever race you wanted in that particular situation. Just have to wait for it to finish.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Elanorwen said:
    Milune said:
    It's the target ones I would get too lazy to alias. 
    Can't fake poses either... although I'd personally rather not see racial emotes linked to hats, I can see the draw. Then again, being that the overhaul will be detaching stats from race and moving them to archetype, I'd say you could be whatever race you wanted in that particular situation. Just have to wait for it to finish.
    Wait what

That seems like the worst idea ever
  • I would love, love, love to get my hands on documentatation for the grammar file used by the Lusternia instance of the Rapture engine.  Is it typically a default case of two-word adventure with explicit exceptions for more complex (3- or 4-word commands) a la Scott Adams, or does the base form support functionality for adjectives and adverbs and pronouns?
    No, I don't need the lexicon.
    </RANT>
    Synkarin said:
    To anyone that's had gloves of mastery since the creation of their character and is used to wear-and-forget on the artifact, it is a big deal. Turns out I've been doing enchanting without taking advantage of my artifact for the past 3 months because assuming that wearing it... like the gloves used to work... does work and not double-checking until I noticed today that it was eating a bit more from the powerstone than it was supposed to.

• After adding a few messages to the stratagem and nearly having a heart attack, could we please have the stratagem echo not capitalising everything?
    Kazel said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Wait what

That seems like the worst idea ever
    A fair amount of people has been raving about statpacks (See Achaea). I'm assuming that's what the overhaul will do to races... not exactly statpacks to where you can have a 20str/8int mage, but stats and vitals will be affected by the skillsets you know. We haven't seen what the end result will be, nor do we have a proposed end result to look at yet... so I wouldn't go crazy about how good or bad an idea it is as yet and would recommend waiting to see at least the draft.

• i just dont see  your average Igasho as good a mage as a merian
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Elanorwen said:
    Synkarin said:
    To anyone that's had gloves of mastery since the creation of their character and is used to wear-and-forget on the artifact, it is a big deal. Turns out I've been doing enchanting without taking advantage of my artifact for the past 3 months because assuming that wearing it... like the gloves used to work... does work and not double-checking until I noticed today that it was eating a bit more from the powerstone than it was supposed to.
    You should maybe bug it, I do think something in the goop description is appropriate if it's intended to be that way, but in the long run, quite a few trade artifacts require wielding, so no, not a big deal.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Ssaliss said:
    After adding a few messages to the stratagem and nearly having a heart attack, could we please have the stratagem echo not capitalising everything?
    If rapture preserves the original input that might be a good thing to return?
    </RANT>
  • Yeah, it preserves the original input; it's just the echo that's capitalised. The messages were all sent correctly, but for a second I thought they'd all be sent in all caps.
    edited January 2015
    Kazel said:
    i just dont see  your average Igasho as good a mage as a merian
    But he's not an average igasho. He's a mage-trained igasho.

EDIT: My assumption is that stats will have some base for the race and then be altered based on archetype... i.e. moving away from org-based class specializations and moving to archetype-based specializations. So a merian mage would still probably be a more effective mage than an igasho mage, but an igasho mage will have better mage stats than a merian warrior and so on. Again, this is pure speculation and the end result could be completely different.

• Elanorwen said:
    Kazel said:

If ``race'' (read: species) is to become a thing of vanity and RP, then let even the least of orcs become the best of bards.  Would not a nose by any other name smell just as much?
    </RANT>
  • Elanorwen said:
    Kazel said:

EDIT: My assumption is that stats will have some base for the race and then be altered based on archetype... i.e. moving away from org-based class specializations and moving to archetype-based specializations. So a merian mage would still probably be a more effective mage than an igasho mage, but an igasho mage will have better mage stats than a merian warrior and so on. Again, this is pure speculation and the end result could be completely different.
    I would be okay with that
  • Delphas said:
    the grammar file used by the Lusternia instance of the Rapture engine
    404 Error Not Found

Rapture doesn't work that way.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Having to wield a gloves of mastery artie would be a pain, I know any time I did cubes I was wielding a power stone in each hand so I didn't have to stop and change them out so often. It's not like gem cutting in jewellery where you aren't needing to wield anything else. It's not the end of the world, but yeah I would find that irritating!

• MANSE ROOM INFO similar to CITY SHOP INFO

-- The Black Marble Fortress --------------------------

Owner:

Supreme Commander Arimisia D'Cente, The Legion's Black Heart

Room:                 Courtyard of Black Roses

#ari_1

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mainly, what I am looking for, is being able to walk into an un-named room and being able to info room and get a room number without having to spend gold to figure out what number it is. If we could get adjacent rooms listed as well the number to what direction (like down from #ari_1 is #ari_1stock and north is #ari_2 for instance), that would be awesome! Tacking on room addons into this also would be a plus.

The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• Delphas said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Kazel said:

If ``race'' (read: species) is to become a thing of vanity and RP, then let even the least of orcs become the best of bards.  Would not a nose by any other name smell just as much?

• Ok, @Milune, yes.. that stinks a lot.  Maybe I should rephrase my previous?
    </RANT>
  • Idea: CONFIG XTERM reverts to ON every time you log in. Just like any other config, please let it remember your setting..