Simple Ideas

Comments

• Elanorwen said:
    Altrea said:
    So, uh, is there any way we could get this condensed to maybe two or three lines? (Power being added to the nexus)

-snip-

EDIT: I can't seem to wrap that in code or quote tags and the buttons refuse to work in Firefox, so... meh
    Having a copy of the powerlog that caused it would likely help with finding out what to condense.

2014/12/28 16:44:42 - Maladaari added 1 power by feeding the Fleshpot of Bahlik.
    2014/12/28 16:44:42 - Maladaari added 1 power by feeding the Fleshpot of Bahlik.
    2014/12/28 16:44:41 - Maladaari added 1 power by feeding the Fleshpot of Bahlik.
    2014/12/28 16:44:41 - Maladaari added 1 power by feeding the Fleshpot of Bahlik.

Also does it on weave turn:

2014/12/28 00:00:42 - The Wild Nodes added 33 power through the energies of the Astral Plane
    2014/12/28 00:00:42 - Feyda generates 250 power for control of the Sceptre of Justice
    2014/12/28 00:00:42 - Feyda generates 375 power for control of the Sceptre and Orb of Life

And I'm pretty sure it does it on adding essence:

2014/12/28 06:46:54 - Maladaari added 111 power at the Eternal Flame.

Basically, it does it all the time every time.
  • Hmm. It shouldn't do it on adding essence, unless it was actually added one piece at a time. As for doing it on the weave turn, it might be harder to condense it since there are several sources of power gain. I'd definitely like to see the messages for cosmic quests and similar be condensed like essence messages are though.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Why don't we just get rid of the messages altogether.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Ssaliss said:
    Hmm. It shouldn't do it on adding essence, unless it was actually added one piece at a time. As for doing it on the weave turn, it might be harder to condense it since there are several sources of power gain. I'd definitely like to see the messages for cosmic quests and similar be condensed like essence messages are though.
    Wasn't adding essence, was feeding a fleshpot from the look of things. Yes, that one should and could be condensed. Judging by the timestamp, chances are it was added one at a time, though.... I don't remember if fleshpots could be fed with more than one piece at a go... that might be something else to expand into. Give the ability to just stick all the corpses in one go... and condense the message.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Yeah, I know that was from feeding fleshpots. I was more responding to the later point in the post, where he said he was pretty sure it did it on essence too.
  • Ssaliss said:
    Yeah, I know that was from feeding fleshpots. I was more responding to the later point in the post, where he said he was pretty sure it did it on essence too.
    Just checked with Maladaari - essence is condensed to one line. Was sure it wasn't, but I can also be wrong at times.
  • Being blinded by multiline spam is a lusternian tradition. If you think that is annoying you to deal with at the nexus, just wait for the medallions being handed out.
  • Elanorwen said:
    Ssaliss said:
    Hmm. It shouldn't do it on adding essence, unless it was actually added one piece at a time. As for doing it on the weave turn, it might be harder to condense it since there are several sources of power gain. I'd definitely like to see the messages for cosmic quests and similar be condensed like essence messages are though.
    Wasn't adding essence, was feeding a fleshpot from the look of things. Yes, that one should and could be condensed. Judging by the timestamp, chances are it was added one at a time, though.... I don't remember if fleshpots could be fed with more than one piece at a go... that might be something else to expand into. Give the ability to just stick all the corpses in one go... and condense the message.
    Yep, you can add flesh all in one go.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Steingrim said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Ssaliss said:
    Yep, you can add flesh all in one go.
    You can, but the power messages still shoot out one at a time.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Iari said:
    I've no idea how it works for the other cities/communes, but a line in in Drachou's description when you probe him letting the viewer know whether he needs incense or not would be really handy. Sure, everyone in the city can see when he gets high, but after a while it becomes harder to tell whether he's still taking threads, or he's just going to munch them down.

EDIT- Just something nice and simple, like "A crackling aura of prismatic energy surrounds him." Or even just, "He's really high at the moment."
    Or one of the npcs could just give you back the thread and say, "Oh, Drachou will really enjoy this. Still the old fart might be sleeping...better give make sure He's awake" and hands you an incense.

If it does actually take 70 threads, making you use one or more to get an incense at the least adds another reset.

Given the difficulty of this quest (can't always find all the denizens, items may be locked in guilds and not retrievable, progress not tracked in game) and the later quests, this little part could be made to not require using up a thread. Hell, bring the guy a cactus even.

Quibbling aside, the quest is pretty amazing and really well woven into Gaudi's history and culture.
  • Don't you just beg the thread back off Chum? That's what I did.
  • Dys said:
    Don't you just beg the thread back off Chum? That's what I did.
    ...that is sort of genius.
    With an exasperated sigh, you say, "One moment please, I'm threatening a muffin in a box!"
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I really love what was done with Adasser. I was wondering if we can make him as flirtatious (or even more so) as when he was a normal Elfen guard. For example, occasionally reacting to people entering the room and so forth.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA

Rivius said:
    I really love what was done with Adasser. I was wondering if we can make him as flirtatious (or even more so) as when he was a normal Elfen guard. For example, occasionally reacting to people entering the room and so forth.
    See! See! They all mock me, they do. They mock me! :D
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Well, Miakoda did kind of banish him for a bit and tell him he had to behave better or else. So here is a reason for him to be less flirtatious.

• Iytha said:
    Cloud Sigil. Attach to an object to prevent said object from falling if dropped while flying. Flying picnics! New places to hide scavenger hunt items! Flying monolith sigils! Note: RUB GUST/CAST GUST without a directional modifier will cause all floating items in the room to fall to the ground, in addition to banishing clouds, contagion, etc.
    With a chance for (very small) damage if you're under falling objects? Only makes sense to me if standing under what is about to become a rain of heavy objects...
  • This is why you should remember to RAISE HOOD, folks!
  • Another thing for my endless wishlist because triggers are dumb: plants via GMCP.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Simple idea: Take the balance required/used from DOMOTH STATUS.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Also, introduce DOMOTH STATUS <domoth> so you won't have to parse the entire thing to see what's going on with a specific domoth.
  • Idea for poisonists both old and new,

Have AB POISONS <poison> list what mobs that particular poison can be gotten from.
  • I've said this before and i'll repeat it for the hope it might be made.

The ability to see how much percentage of an area you have explored, for both explorer reasons and also to hint at the possibility of secret rooms a player has yet to access in an area. Could be in Environment or heck could be an artifact telescope of some sort. Just pwz.
  • Another idea, keep peaced revolts as peaced until post-revolt grace wears off.

Certain northerners tried to wall one of our younger citizens into a freshly-formed guard stack immediately after the Estelbar revolt.
    Svana said:
    Another idea, keep peaced revolts as peaced until post-revolt grace wears off.

Certain northerners tried to wall one of our younger citizens into a freshly-formed guard stack immediately after the Estelbar revolt.
    The village was still claiming peaced, actually. And the guards were just shouting at the guy, not actually hitting. You think he would have lived through 20 guards otherwise?

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • If he didn't get past the walls fast enough, he certainly would have died. Shouldn't be able to cast/point/etc walls while it's peaced.
    Svana said:
    If he didn't get past the walls fast enough, he certainly would have died. Shouldn't be able to cast/point/etc walls while it's peaced.
    You actually can't. Someone put one up from the outside. That said, teleport nexus works and would have gotten him back way before the grace expired.

• Obvious solution then is to extend the peace range to one room outside each exit to each village, so these shenanigans can't happen again. Eventually a new player/novice/whatever will come along who won't know what to do to get out, and needless griefing will occur.
    Svana said:
    Obvious solution then is to extend the peace range to one room outside each exit to each village, so these shenanigans can't happen again. Eventually a new player/novice/whatever will come along who won't know what to do to get out, and needless griefing will occur.
    And then people icewall further out... and then we extend further... mmmm...  doesn't make much sense to me either way. Basic teleport is practically the first ability in planar now... unless you're fresh out of the portal (i.e. came out 5 minutes ago), you should be aware of it.