Lusternia memes

Comments

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    edited January 2015
    Give us back tweets! Not everything requires a full thread.

Also, I made it a meme as a tongue in cheek mildly amusing response to what seemed pretty heavy-handed. When tweets was closed, the general feeling was if it's not issueable or worth an email, we're not going to let you express it (and if it is, do those things). Dealing with individual inappropriateness (towards each other) with warnings and bans I feel was always the best way to go about it and largely effective. If something annoys us, or is negative but not deemed worth an issue or email we have no thread in which to voice it without being deemed off topic. I don't think anyone genuinely believes that having a negative view is punishable, but stifling commentary sure gives off that vibe.

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    edited January 2015
    I think it's extremely silly that I'm pretty close to having to make a facebook account for the first time ever just so I could rant about Lusternia.

I don't want to expose my (internet) life to facebook but over censoring and a history of hard handed administrative response to anything negative about Lusternia leads to perception problems that if I post anything negative, it'll probably be deleted and I'm sent to forum jail.

What I find most ridiculous is that the forums provide a way for the society to police itself (enough people flag something, the post appears hidden) yet we still seem to have over administrative control over discussions.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited January 2015
    I have a fake facebook account specifically (and almost only) for the Lusternian Rants group(s). 

My woodsy knowledge tells me that the best thing to do about musty basements/sheets/clothes/blankets/opinions is to air them out: If you keep pushing them to the back of the closet, they'll fester. Seriously, have fun scraping the fungus off your leather jacket, it's so much worse.

I basically have to bail my basement in the summer, due to the humidity. Truefax
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I typed about three different responses to that, all of which would have netted me a warning or banning instead of a response. Instead, I think I'll actually open a thread and hope you actually provide meaningful feedback.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    This is a horribly false parallel, but ranting is much like homophobia and spousal abuse in that pretending it doesn't exist or trying to cover it up doesn't make it go away.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited January 2015
    I like mine better. It's also a totally true story, I had to throw out some things I stored in my basement because they didn't air out and molded over.

EDIT: Also: Something something vampires something daylight.
  • Can we please get back on topic?
  • Silvanus said:
    I think it's extremely silly that I'm pretty close to having to make a facebook account for the first time ever just so I could rant about Lusternia.

I don't want to expose my (internet) life to facebook but over censoring and a history of hard handed administrative response to anything negative about Lusternia leads to perception problems that if I post anything negative, it'll probably be deleted and I'm sent to forum jail.

What I find most ridiculous is that the forums provide a way for the society to police itself (enough people flag something, the post appears hidden) yet we still seem to have over administrative control over discussions.

Truth be told, that is basically what the facebook group (the popular one anyway) is for: Ranting. I honestly do prefer that it is a separate entity, as I have seen how toxic ranting threads can poison a game forums and project the wrong image of a game. However, I do not agree with keeping Tweets closed. It feels like we are missing any avenue of personal expression about game (such as this post which would be in tweets).

Sorry for continuing derail, but I have no other way to get this out there.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Drakius said:

That pain is so real :(

• edited February 2015
    Damn it Talan, my sides hurt from laughing.

• Really, you focus on that? I mean sure, it contributed, but if she hadn't missed that line about her mana she could have recovered from it.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Coincidentally, that's how my wife perceives my screen when I'm doing something excessively spammy, like playing in the arena.
  • When your mentor showers you in things and won't let you pay them back.image
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • Silea said:

When your mentor showers you in things and won't let you pay them back.image

Also goes well with curios, wondercrystals and artifact package sales.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • My mentor showered me in weirdness.
    The playa you love to hate
    The Atherplex, every time I use my wonderwand portal there.
  • I've been having a lot of these moments lately, but it's been so especially long since I cared about gaining essence that I totally had my mind blown today.

#NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Talan said:

I've been having a lot of these moments lately, but it's been so especially long since I cared about gaining essence that I totally had my mind blown today.

@Portius dropped the wisdom of goldentonics, ikons, and lips on me a few days ago.  It has been a bashing/influencing game-changer.