Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• Excellent! Contact our people stating your willingness to purchase and the charges will be made. Peace at last!
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Also gained artisanal inspiration from @Irillia. I... I think I'm gonna win it, y'all.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited March 2015
    >:D<

EDIT: Seriously though, on an IC level, Maligorn wanted that bubble, but it was more for bragging rights than actual need. So he didn't press the issue.

On an OOC level, it's really rewarding to give a win to the org that's just starting to get back on its feet.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited March 2015
    I get totes jelly when someone else gets thrown a bone. But it's nice to be nice. :)
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    With family troubles and work, I haven't been able to be as active as I'd like to start trying to lift Glom up by its bootstraps.  I think from this small start, we'll be able to make a lot of forward progress.

So, sincerely, from the bottom of my heart, thank you everyone that Siam mentioned.  
    A little bit Lavinya, but it's understandable.  Mag got the crappy end of the stick for a good while.  Fortunately for Glomdoring, for whatever reason, we're not ending up in the same situation.  Though, to be honest, I was expecting the non-stop raiding to come from Magnagora, and if I'm being completely honest?  I'm kind of sad it didn't manifest.  Take that how you wish, but I was looking forward to logging in, brawling against impossible odds for a few hours, and going to bed after having had some good fun getting curb stomped.  But I'm a masochist like that.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    It wasn't ever going to manifest. It was a constructed lie by your leaders to justify leaving the alliance and join the other ;)
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Perhaps it was, and perhaps it wasn't.  As I said though, I'm sad it didn't happen.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    The majority, if not the entirety, of the people I disliked in Glom aren't around anymore. Mag would have to be basically empty for that to be the same. It'd be left with like, Aky, Lavinya and Ixion.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I think it's safe to say that had Magnagora attempted to 'non-stop' raid Glomdoring, help would have appeared

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Daraius said:

I get totes jelly when someone else gets thrown a bone. But it's nice to be nice. :)

You should have a chat with the Chief Superintendent. I hear she'd love to throw you all kinds of bones.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • if you were so bitter about it like i am you wouldn't have voted to not do it in the council

thanks @lavinya
  • Shaddus said:

It wasn't ever going to manifest. It was a constructed lie by your leaders to justify leaving the alliance and join the other ;)

Not a single thing posted was a lie, actually.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Lavinya said:

Man, I wish Magnagora had some friends like that when we were completely abandoned by Hallifax and Serenwilde for not pulling our weight (aka we were all but empty), and Celest, Gaudi and Glom all hated us still. I bet it must feel real nice, Glomdoring! Wouldn't know myself. That was the time of the several times a day raids with no support or muscle to stop it. Did Glom even have to endure any of that? I'm sure I sound bitter because I kinda am.

Glom was pretty savvy about actively reaching out for NAPs when things started going south with Gaudi, and then by participating in Ascension they earned at least some gratitude. It's not like friends came out of thin air; they were still clawing their way and then maybe luckily benefited from political/Ascension circumstances.
  • Yeah. Funny enough, had not Marcella gone out and declared her war, then odds are we wouldn't have helped Celest.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Ssaliss said:

Yeah. Funny enough, had not Marcella gone out and declared her war, then odds are we wouldn't have helped Celest.

I was going in intending to campaign pretty hard, and when the Marcella thing unexpectedly came up, I changed the face of my argument and ran with it. I even had a full appeal to Xenthos lined up, but then he basically went, "Well, your case has already been made for you. I'm in." So, Marcella made it easier, but I still would have gone all in! I'm just wondering if any of the other competitors even approached Glomdoring.
  • Kaimanahi said:

Ssaliss said:

Yeah. Funny enough, had not Marcella gone out and declared her war, then odds are we wouldn't have helped Celest.

I was going in intending to campaign pretty hard, and when the Marcella thing unexpectedly came up, I changed the face of my argument and ran with it. I even had a full appeal to Xenthos lined up, but then he basically went, "Well, your case has already been made for you. I'm in." So, Marcella made it easier, but I still would have gone all in! I'm just wondering if any of the other competitors even approached Glomdoring.
    Nope. You were the only one to approach me at all. I'm not sure if Gaudi/Mag just assumed that we'd help them, or if they figured we couldn't do anything at all, or something else, but none of them approached me about it.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Shaddus spent a lot of his midbie life defending Glomdoring from Narsrim and crew. Then, the Fire Nation attacked  pre-Hai'Gloh happened and Krellan decided to attack Shaddus with no warning.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I remember Qistrel running circles around Alacardael in Icewynd as he tried to hunt her down. He really hated her noncom self for some reason.

Then he joined Gaudi, enemied me for no reason and I ragequit Lusternia for a while. Ah, the good old days. I'm glad I'm able to look back at it with humour now. I guess I actually miss the guy trying to kill me. :D

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Rough patches build character, I just wish we had more people to roll around with.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    It's still so weird (but kind of cool) to step into Faethorn and not immediately get attacked by Glom.

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited March 2015
    I give up on these forums and their terrible fucking quotes. Anyways, @Qistrel on the subject of Alacardael:

He did the same with me, in Faethorn. It was actually pretty hilarious, every time he came into the room I'd just shield or vines and skip away. Eheh...now Celina was another story entirely. She'd gank me hard for sure, but most of the time she followed with a less-condescending-now-than-at-the-time tip. I essentially learned bard combat by trying and failing to defend myself against the Night.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • I remember Qistrel running circles around Alacardael in Icewynd as he tried to hunt her down. He really hated her noncom self for some reason.

Then he joined Gaudi, enemied me for no reason and I ragequit Lusternia for a while. Ah, the good old days. I'm glad I'm able to look back at it with humour now. I guess I actually miss the guy trying to kill me. :D

I'm pretty sure he actually loved non-coms, because we were the only ones he could kill. But he actually turned out to be a decent guy, in the end.

I miss my shady inter-coven deals at the Well of Souls. Glom as a whole didn't always jump people, as long as they think you've got something to offer them.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • (Serenwilde): Arien says, "Would anyone care for a copy of the Keeping Stone? It is the first 
    edition of a pamphlet by the Sacred Grove."

(Serenwilde): Arien says, "It even has a year-in-review as well as a wondrous trance-cast by our own 
    Rheatsis."

That moment when staying up til 4 AM in a panic to finish something, being immensely anal-retentive over it, and praying to every god of every pantheon to ever exist after a 12 hour shift, hoping it isn't mortifying and awful finally feels worth it.

• Ssaliss said:

Quite honestly.. I think strongly our assistance was pivotal in deciding the winning side. I believe had we went ahead and assisted Gaudiguch(As I had originally were going to go with) I'm sure it would've been a -very- easy win for them. Though that crux with Marcella's supposed and personal war with Glom apparently was not in their favor. Surely, other political stuff played its part in it as well.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Bonds was a pain. That was pretty pivotal, though we went in expecting no help from glom given their lack of alliance participation from the past few months.

Before the whole eaf thing, I might add.
  • Well, in actuality there, it was just pretty much Crek, I think Lerad...and myself that were active participants. Though I last recall my participation was with Feyda and Steingrim when we stole...Chaos(?) from Elanorwen and Vivet. Which was quite a blast btw. The thing with me catching Delphas enslaving fae from faethorn just ruined it for Illidaen and figured if they turn a blind eye to that, they'll turn a blind eye to anything else that will be a violation of our trust.

This discussion has been closed.