Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• According to "Best of..." the admins seem to think racehats are IC. Case closed! 

New topic!

These interactive admin are awesome aren't they?
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • Synkarin said:

Elanorwen said:

Maligorn said:

Shrug city. The only reason there -aren't- credit rewards for PK conquests is because none of our PKers have ever asked for them. I'm okay with changing that or keeping it the same; doesn't make much difference to me.

Being that someone who is serious about PK will already be purchasing credits and not knowing what to do with them, I guess that's part of it. Beyond that, I guess it might interest people that are not as serious a bit more... but eh... 1 credit won't change the fact that they're missing skills/artifacts/etc. Not by a large margin. That said, you can't go overboard with your credit rewards for PK either... although I do feel we've gone overboard with our credit rewards for library stuff.
    You're right, you're not targetting the serious PKers with a 1 credit reward for participating. They'll participate either way. You're targetting the ones that wouldn't otherwise participate. One credit won't make a huge difference, but one credit turns into two, and then four etc. And as you accumulate these credits, your comfort with combat grows, you become more aware of things going on, maybe add some highlights so you catch a certain attack. And suddenly you're like @Neos and bragging about anytime you escape someone.

Not that I disagree with you, but I think it is also a bit more than just this. There's an opportunity cost to domothing. The few credits here and there offsets the cost of consumables and the almost nonexistent gold. It also, to me at least, makes far more sense for the active characters to get the rewards then to hold an org credit sale and see someone wake up for that and pick up 25-60 credits or so and then go back to sleep.
  • Rivius said:

Maligorn said:

Holy hell, this community likes to draw OOC and IC lines like a 4-year-old with crayons.

Racehats are suddenly IC and everyone knows you're hiding your race...IC? Are you shitting me right now guys?

Racehats have always been IC and if someone discovers you wearing one, it is valid to assume you're hiding your race. There are no OOC artifacts. Racehats are officially an illusion. If you want no one to question your race, hide your hat or buy a cameo/reincarnate and do it legit.
    I'd just cough up the 50cr to customize the hat. Boom, racehat perks and the illusion's maintained.
  • Or statpacks. (Third post in 24 hours about statpacks. Whoo.)

• Steingrim said:

It also, to me at least, makes far more sense for the active characters to get the rewards then to hold an org credit sale and see someone wake up for that and pick up 25-60 credits or so and then go back to sleep.

This is actually my main reason for setting up a lot of the rewards in Gaudiguch right now. I want to encourage people to keep doing things, and I want to encourage people who wouldn't do things to do them when they can. Admittedly, the latter half has not worked so much, but between the rewards and the raffle, I will still honestly say I prefer it over the whole credit sale system just because the credits are going to those who help the city, be it in combat, writing plays or books (not that this actually happens), adding power, and so on rather than to people who hear about the credit sale down the grapevine on Skype or just sit in their manses and leave for five minutes to buy them.
  • I actually don't want to see Racehats go the way of the dodo.  I rather like this dimension of Lusternia.

I do agree statpacks need to impact the abilities/attributes/properties of the character and racehats should just show the illusion of race.

Being all that as it may, racehats are indeed an IC-experience, so no, no were are not shitting you, @Maligorn.
    </RANT>
  • Shaddus said:

You're the hero they need, not the one they deserve.

Glom-thom's Dark Night?
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Celina said:

Apparently the only difference between being Glomdoring's biggest bitch and being celebrated as the return of a legendary Glom defender is 9 months of dormancy. I've started to wonder if I have been logging onto the wrong character

The difference is you're also acting a lot differently.

Though I have no idea IC.

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Was going to say, with what I've seen in various channels, you've mellowed in your interactions with people on your side. I mean, not even a snide comment to /for /at Tarkenton for anything. Did pot get made legal where you live? :p
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Tarkenton said:

Was going to say, with what I've seen in various channels, you've mellowed in your interactions with people on your side. I mean, not even a snide comment to /for /at Tarkenton for anything. Did pot get made legal where you live? :p

Just wait until she and Xenthos talk politics on Court, you'll see the snide come to the fore. :)
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I guess in light of earlier comments, that makes her the Snark Knight?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    May the shade be ever in your favor.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Tarkenton said:

Most of that is because I've been playing on my phone and it's really hard to be a snarky bitch with your thumbs. (Pot is also now legal in DC)
  • Hasn't pot been legal in GLomdoring for centuries?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I am just happy to have @Celina and @Astraea back. :) I cannot rave enough.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Luce said:

I guess in light of earlier comments, that makes her the Snark Knight?

I would steal that title if I actually ever snarked.
  • I can never hope to achieve @Celina's level of snark and sass :(

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    You quickly unwrap a present covered in shamrocks, which sprays glittering silver dust and cheerful confetti into the air, and excitedly store the poison inyoka in your rift.
    You've unwrapped a SUPERIOR present! Type PRESENTS to see your Gift Counter.

Weep.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• @Yarith is a horrible morrible, beachy ribbachi, slagbag sludgeworm for

Making me relive my heartbreak over and over and plaughing at me  =(
                                                                  Sao <3 Pandy
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Saoirse said:

@Yarith is a horrible morrible, beachy ribbachi, slagbag sludgeworm for

Tell him I'll melt his face if he keeps doing that. :P

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • edited March 2015
    Siam said:

You quickly unwrap a present covered in shamrocks, which sprays glittering silver dust and cheerful confetti into the air, and excitedly store the poison inyoka in your rift.
    You've unwrapped a SUPERIOR present! Type PRESENTS to see your Gift Counter.

Weep.

I feel sorry for you. #Sadlife #RektByPresent.

:(
    ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂ ɪᴛs ʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ sᴀʟᴛ! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂                                ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`

• Saoirse said:

Things I do in dreams don't coooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuunt.
    Also, you're a horrible marble, Saline celebrant @Saoirse of the slippery sands. 

@Taevyn .. give me the .. FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILE
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • edited March 2015
    Yarith said:

Saoirse said:

Things I do in dreams don't coooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuunt.
    Also, you're a horrible marble, Saline celebrant @Saoirse of the slippery sands. 

@Taevyn .. give me the .. FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILE
    "Not only are you a cheater, but you're a liar too." - @Saoirse 2k26.
    ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂ ɪᴛs ʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ sᴀʟᴛ! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂                                ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`

• Elanorwen said:

Saoirse said:

Tell him I'll melt his face if he keeps doing that. :P
    He's a lying lindwyrm too :(
                                                                  Sao <3 Pandy
  • "You're a cheating cheater, @Saoirse, I can't even think of how to reply to you on the forums" - @Yarith, 2k01

• edited March 2015
    Context please.
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
This discussion has been closed.