What are you playing?

Comments

• Daraius said:

Isune said:

Daraius said:

I got my sister Tales of Xillia 2 for her birthday, but her birthday isn't for another month so I've been playing it in the meantime. So far there seems to be a lot of cool stuff (fractured timelines, some really amusing dialogue) nestled in a lot of crap (grindy money-gated progress system, at least one terrible voice actress which is par for the course in English-audio Tales games). 

There is a sequel already?! :O
    North American release was last August! I thought I was late to this party. :))
    O_O I haven't even beaten the first one yet. How did time escape so quickly from me!
  • I tend to do an annual playthrough of Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura.

Except Terra Arcanum seems to be down for the last couple of weeks, so I have no mods. D: No widescreen, very low-res, and bugs bugs everywhere! Do any of you fine people know another place to find them?

Because this is Serious Business.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I also caved and bought Armello for more than I usually spend on games. It's still in Early Access so not fully-featured yet, but it's beautiful and pretty fun.

image        image
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Daraius said:

I also caved and bought Armello for more than I usually spend on games. It's still in Early Access so not fully-featured yet, but it's beautiful and pretty fun.

I think a friend of mine showed that to me a few years ago (2010, I think).  It plays like a fighting game, your avatar is a wolf with a sword, and there are these other critters about who attack, but there's terrain you can run behind (or even jump on top of) and plays brilliantly with a game-pad? It moved smoothly and the fighting could be intense (if you weren't careful). Or did someone replace my Folgers Crystals with crack?
    </RANT>
    edited March 2015
    Wow, no that must have been something else. I'm down for any game that lets you play as a wolf with a sword, but Armello is more of a board game with dice rolls and cards you play as items, spells, helpers, and so on. The goal is to succeed the throne of the rotting king by killing him, cleansing him, or being the most prestigious clan hero by the time he dies.

(Also, Folgers? Your food posts had me believing you were a man of taste. [-(  )
    I used to make cakes.

• Oh, cool.  I dig board games too.  We need more boardgamegeek.com
    </RANT>
  • I've been playing Crypt of the Necrodancer and ever since I've found myself tapping my fingers to nonexistant beats whenever I do anything on the computer. It's kinda hard to read stuff when I page up and down to keep up with the rythm.

But it's still so much fun. I can import music from my favourite games and create fun gameplay lists. Well recommended to anyone a fan of rythm-games and roguelikes.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Rather off-topic but.... I do have one beta key left for Heroes of the Storm if anyone is interested. I kind of forgot about it, so I'm not 100% certain if it is still valid. I will send it in a pm to the first person to contact me.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    And the key's been claimed. Thanks to everyone that expressed interest.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Welcome, new here,My games of choice: I am always up for Settlers of Catan, Scrabble, and Bridge. I am in mid-level player doldrums at Magic the Gathering, competent enough to take to the road, but minus traveling companions I hit walls of ennui often. I do get out and boffer monthly. Thank you for asking. 
  • edited March 2015
    Isune said:

Just ordered Virtue's Last Reward. Loved Zero: 999 and  I'm ready for some more dark, dark storytelling. 8-)

Oh man. This game is everything I wanted it to be...

...except it didn't save my playthrough so far and I really don't wanna do the puzzles again. :(
  • I know it's old, but I just jumped on the bandwagon playing 'You Died.', aka, Dark Souls.

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I still haven't finished that yet.  Is on the list though.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'm still playing LoL and Brave Frontier on my Android, along with Chain Chronicles and whatever catches my fancy.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • So, better half and I now have multiple classes at level 50, and we just finished our artifact weapons in FF XIV. For those curious about the game, ware, portions of it force you to go into solo combat against baddies. This can be quite frustrating when playing with friends. Or as a healer. However, it's quite satisfying when you finally get that thing you've been working on piece by piece for a week done.
  • Rheatsis said:

I know it's old, but I just jumped on the bandwagon playing 'You Died.', aka, Dark Souls.

I picked up Dark Souls 2 again after a 6 month hiatus last weekend. It's like riding a bike. I advanced in Crown of the Ivory King until I got the eye and got stymied by Aava the Kings Pet. With or without the two white phantoms I can only bring Aava down to half health for some reason. After six attempts I decided to take a break and work on my roll attacks.

In the main game I'm up to the Giant's Memory which I have to practice a bunch more to beat.

PvP on the iron bridge is still fun. For one of the notoriously difficult games, the PvP/hacker community is actually quite chill.
  • Pillars of Eternity. Nuff said.

edited March 2015
    Drocilla said:

Pillars of Eternity. Nuff said.

So jelly. I'm still holding out for Torment: Tides of Numenera.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    @Elanorwen gave me one of those keys to Heroes of the Storm, so I've been playing that.

There's a pandaren hero too, so you can imagine my attention has been pretty divided.

• Shaddus said:

Drocilla said:

So jelly. I'm still holding out for Torment: Tides of Numenera.
    All in good time, good things come to those who wait (3 years), etc. Totally worth it, the game is awesome and its word haemorrhage is wonderful.
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    edited March 2015
    Drocilla said:

I've been waiting ages after kickstarting it too. Pretty busy with work so I need to wait for when I can really get into it before starting.

Plus I don't know what class to play. Either barbarian, rogue, or maaaybe druid.

Edit: I've just been doing some heroes of the storm vs AI when I'm able. Never played those types of games before and my net here is too bad for anything against people.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • I'm trying a wizard. I've done five kickstarters, two have delivered so far and the others look promising. I hope the Ultima Underworld one turns out good.
  • I don't get to do it much lately (so much in Lusty, so much in Real Life), but I do fall back to an old standby now and then: Total Annihilation by Cavedog.
    </RANT>
    edited March 2015
    I chose the soundtrack to Lightning Returns for my baking this morning and I found it pleasantly more sophisticated than I expected. Can anybody vouch for the worth-playingness of the game? I generally liked FF XIII, but felt burned by the sharp left turn they took with the sequel. I skipped this one because it seemed like more of the same alternate timeline/universe nonsense.

EDIT: Wait, never mind. 

This is apparently an actual class costume in the game so count me the fuck out. So much for sophistication.  :-w
    I used to make cakes.

• As I recall, that equipment is rightly crap. The game itself is alright, honestly. I'm not as impressed with it as my friends were, but he read waaaaay too much into the ending, and always has a lot of fun breaking things. Which is admittedly possible and rather trivially accomplished.
  • YESSSSSSS

Elanorwen said:

And the key's been claimed. Thanks to everyone that expressed interest.

Time for round 2. I now have 4 more Heroes of the Storm beta keys to share with anyone interested. Send a message.

Ugh, @Elanorwen. You should have given me a "this game is addictive" disclaimer.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited April 2015
    If you get a key, you need to hit me up. I promise I'm much better at MOBAs than Lusternia. My name is Morozumi#1852 there.