Simple Ideas

Comments

• Zitto said:

Silea said:

Allow ikons to be traded for credits so we don't have to have a standoff for an hour while we build confidence that we won't be scammed.

Maybe don't have the word swindler or mountebank in your title when dealing in matters that involve trust? :P
    You can't swindle the Swindler or else

Prefix Silea Kingpin
    Suffix Silea , Breaker of Kneecaps
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • Elanorwen said:

Silea said:

Allow ikons to be traded for credits so we don't have to have a standoff for an hour while we build confidence that we won't be scammed.

Scamming doesn't work in a community as small as Lusternia. Or rather, they will scam you once, you'll out them, then they'll never scam again/will get shunned to no end.
    I wonder how many times @Shaddus can scam us...

I doubt he could, or that he even has it in him. @Shaddus has often been the opposite of a scammer. :)

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Could we get the aethergoop list broken up into reskins vs unique items? There's so many aethergoop items it is really hard to sort through!

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • Elanorwen said:

Kalnid said:

Ayisdra said:

Kalnid said:

Shaddus said:

Get rid of libraries too.

As long as books stay nondecay so I can keep the entire Halls of the Void in my backpack.
    If the whole Mag library can fit in your backpack...Mag is not doing as well as I thought/been told
    You can fit a mammoth corpse in a letter and send it through the post. Either Mag has some buff as hell bats or every container in the game uses planar pockets.
    But backpacks can fit a maximum of 50 items. If we're talking about fitting the whole library in a backpack, that means less than 50 books. See the difference?
    Get a box rune. Infinite items in one container. Wow! Such storage! Much library!
  • I have one.  In achaea they recently added voices/accents.  This is like a description for your voice so you can customize how you sound when you speak.

for example set voice deep, gravelly

'hi

... says with a deep, gravelly voice, "Hi."

It's pretty cool especially if you include racial stuff in it.  For example lizards/serpents can have hissing voices, insectoids with mandibles could have clicking voices, birds could have screeching voices, etc.  All it needs is a short help file and probably not too much code
  • If you do SAY (In a mellifluous purr) well hello there.

it'll come out as

In a mellifluous purr, Syridean says, "Well hello there."
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    You can easily make an alias that does it for you too. I've noticed @Delphas always speaks in a horse whisper.

I just don't know what sort of accent my characters should have...

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Qistrel said:

You can easily make an alias that does it for you too. I've noticed @Delphas always speaks in a horse whisper.

I just don't know what sort of accent my characters should have...

Horse whisper? You mean like....

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Nikk should have that kind of basso rumble you feel as much as hear, like the inexorable grind of stone moving across stone. /sagenod
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Tbh I like our approach to says better than Achaea's set it and forget it system.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • I'd really like to be able to hear through marionettes, maybe at the cost of some sort of personal drain so it isn't just dropped at an enemy nexus to eavesdrop.

Willpower or endurance drain maybe?
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Willpower and endurance are going away pretty soon. Also: The marionettes are already Ecology Bonds without some of the complications.
  • Enyalida said:

Willpower and endurance are going away pretty soon. Also: The marionettes are already Ecology Bonds without some of the complications.

Sidiak has already been moved to impact equilibrium rather than willpower =]
    </RANT>
  • Nooo I want to have my little prince wander about and be able to hear who I am interacting with without me being present.
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • Daraius said:

Tbh I like our approach to says better than Achaea's set it and forget it system.

Perhaps, but to be fair few actively use it here (or so it seems to me) and there it is quite common
    I gag out the accent from people who have them auto-aliased onto all of their says, if it's annoying or nonsensical - many of them are.
  • Daraius said:

Perhaps, but to be fair few actively use it here (or so it seems to me) and there it is quite common

A lot of people don't seem to even know it exists, and others just tend more toward what some call "lazy" RP (exclusively using pre-defined emotes like blink, nod, agree, etc.) But once you start using it, 9/10 times both of those groups will start responding in kind. :)

We've been begging for years for the ability to color emotes, a la Aetolia, too. This seems like a good time to plug that request again.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
    It'd also be great if things that overhear says (but not emotes) would then catch the words.
  • Please let the portable window use the LOOK AT <thing> ON <person> functionality through its PEEK command. IE. PEEK AT HAT ON IYTHA would display the examined description of my hat.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    The peeping tom potential would be endless. Endless!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • All part of my ongoing attempt to become the Lusternian version of the NSA.
  • Iytha said:

All part of my ongoing attempt to become the Lusternian version of the NSA.

I have no idea what the ``model'' command might be, and this would be soooooo much better than asking someone ``please model that hat''.  If I'm the one interested then, by gum, I ought to be the one to do something about it rather than pester the other person to take time out of their day.  Besides, IRL I can examine clothing just fine on my own even if someone else is wearing it.

An option might be extend the PROBE, PROBE <artcle> ON <character>.
    </RANT>
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    edited April 2015
    Delphas said:

Iytha said:

All part of my ongoing attempt to become the Lusternian version of the NSA.

I have no idea what the ``model'' command might be, and this would be soooooo much better than asking someone ``please model that hat''.  If I'm the one interested then, by gum, I ought to be the one to do something about it rather than pester the other person to take time out of their day.  Besides, IRL I can examine clothing just fine on my own even if someone else is wearing it.

An option might be extend the PROBE, PROBE <artcle> ON <character>.
    You can LOOK AT <item> ON <character>

The model command would be SHOWOFF <item>

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Thank you, @Elanorwen.
    </RANT>
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    wtb awesome form/change messages for the various goop items.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • It would be handy to be able to provide the argument 'all' for 'read book page (#)' to just get the whole text in one block for copy and paste purposes.  I have heard horror stories about the code the underlies books, so I am not actually sure how simple this would be.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Would be really nice if we could reference the curio candies by their type. Also, doing drink poteen drink the next available poteen.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Show beast vitals on gmcp?  ^:)^
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Rivius said:

Show beast vitals on gmcp?  ^:)^

People track beast vitals? Why?!